Sponsored by:

Is everyone paying full MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Dane k.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Is everyone paying full MSRP?

I'm gettting ready to order....tomorrow...Did any of you new owners / buyers have any luck in Southern Calif. with pricing.I don't expect to save thousands, but the dealers in the area seem to be staying very close to full MSRP.The car will be a Carrera S...Thanks Dane
Old 12-13-2005, 05:37 PM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

They have you by the ***** when you order one....Buy off the lot and save!
Old 12-13-2005, 05:45 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What dealership are you planning on ordering through?
Old 12-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Deven
Pro

Received 201 Likes on 103 Posts

I managed to negotiate about 2K off here in Phoenix (the market is just as bad, perhaps worse than Southern California, becuase there is only 1 dealer here in Phoenix), but I wanted more of a discount so I ordered from the mdwest and got a significantly better discount. The dealers are very shrewd when it comes to pricing because they do not care about your business, or loyalty (i.e. they will not even try to match prices beause they 'do not have too' and 'they are doing you the favor' by selling you a car).

Another reason to go out of state is because you will likely get an earlier build date as well (if that matters). There are motivated dealers that want to sell you a car outside the southwest.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:45 PM
turkish_eyebrow
Advanced

I ordered and purchased my car from Newport. They did not move a cent off of the MSRP. The sales guy was nice, but there was no chance of anything less than MSRP.

Hoenn Porsche offered $2K off of MSRP...not bad, but at least they moved. The sales guy (Roger, as I recall) was very personable. I would have bought from there if my order was not already placed.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:08 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

I think 3K off is doable in So. CA. PM me if you need some help.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:28 PM
canick
Advanced

It's not a huge savings but find out if your dealer is part of the Costco auto program. If they are, they have to give you some discount. In Washington, my local dealer offers a $1,200-1,500 discount if you are a Costco member and reference the program. It's not a lot, but it's a least a good radar detector or your on your way to paying for a PDE course. Of course, your dealer may be offering a different discount to participate but it's worth checking out.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:41 PM
Stephenkng
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got $3k off in Bay Area with Stevens Creek Porsche
Old 12-13-2005, 11:37 PM
littlebigfish
Instructor

Originally Posted by Deven
I managed to negotiate about 2K off here in Phoenix (the market is just as bad, perhaps worse than Southern California, becuase there is only 1 dealer here in Phoenix), but I wanted more of a discount so I ordered from the mdwest and got a significantly better discount. The dealers are very shrewd when it comes to pricing because they do not care about your business, or loyalty (i.e. they will not even try to match prices beause they 'do not have too' and 'they are doing you the favor' by selling you a car).

Another reason to go out of state is because you will likely get an earlier build date as well (if that matters). There are motivated dealers that want to sell you a car outside the southwest.
Got 3K off from Scottsdale Porsche - C4S X51 though
Old 12-14-2005, 12:07 AM
AW
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once you know what you want call all dealers saying you are ready to order, and have decided on all options but you are shopping for price and time. It worked for me a few times.

AW
Old 12-14-2005, 01:45 AM
Vintage
Intermediate

Champion Porsche in south Florida (champion-motors.com) will give anyone a $3000 discount and pay for half the shipping cost to your door. They are the only dealer I could find who would be the least bit flexible on the price of a car. Unfortunately, as long as the demand is still fairly high dealers are confident if you don't pay MSRP somebody else will. I ended up buying locally (and paying MSRP) because I just didn't want the hassle of dealing from such a long distance and worrying about having something screwed up and not be able to check on things as easily, etc. Paying full MSRP goes against anything I have ever done before in buying a car, though, and I almost had a seizure doing it. I wish you luck, though, let us know if you are more successful than me.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:12 AM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MSRP is for suckers. I think you should get $2-5k depending on location and amount of customization.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:29 AM
GT3BB
Racer

Paid full price at Rector in Burlingame but got a pretty good deal on my GT3 trade in.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:12 AM
AeroSmith
Pro

Got 3% off of MSRP on my special order 2006. I bought her from Bert Smith Eurocars here in Saint Petersburg.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:44 AM
scycle2020
Burning Brakes

i have checked dealers all over the country...in the dc area, very little if any discount ...same on the west coast...in the mid west and ohio valley area, the best prices can be found...4-6% off msrp....florida is in btw, with close to 3% off being available...there are exceptions to these generalizations of course....anyway, i alway find after you buy a car, you forget how much you did or didnt get off the price of the car....

Quick Reply: Is everyone paying full MSRP?