Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Adapt Sport Seats with Terracota?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 02:41 PM
tocho
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Adapt Sport Seats with Terracota?

Im ordering a new C4S, Feb production, and dealer tells me I cant get adap sport seats if I want a terracota interior. Anybody knows about this?
Old 11-28-2005, 03:47 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

BS - Unless Porsche is saying no... I have my Two-Tone Black and Stone Grey with my Adaptive Seats (which by the way are great!)...
Old 11-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the dealer is inputing the wrong codes. There are two codes for adapative sports seats, one for cars without full leather interiors and a seperate one for cars with full leather. They are P01 for cars without full leather, and P01L for cars with full leather. Your Terracotta interior should also have a "MB" code.

It may be that Porsche has a short supply, but I would want the dealer to double check using the codes I just gave you.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:15 PM
sato
Intermediate

Ditto what Le Chef said. I specc'd my car just over a week ago and there were no issues on terracotta adaptive sport seats. My confirm sheet noting "ACPORD" (Order accepted by PCNA) shows the seat option as P01L and terracotta full leather as MB. Incidentally the P01L MSRP saves you $360.00 off the adaptive sport seats option versus if you were to have gotten them with standard leather.

If there are supply issues at the factory, I'll find out soon enough.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

I'm having a similar problem. My dealer can't enter sport seats with black full leather.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:37 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Lori
I'm having a similar problem. My dealer can't enter sport seats with full leather.

It should not be impossible to have both the sports seats (as opposed to adaptive sports seats) either and the full leather.

Dan

'06 S Cab

98 Paint to Sample (Gulf Blue), RA Full leather--Cocoa Brown, V5 Cocoa top,
M6C Cocoa mats, 342 Heated Front Seats, 680 Bose Stereo, 692 Remote CD,
450 Ceramic Brakes PCCB, 482 Tire Pressure Monitoring Sys, 550 Hard Top,
640 Sport Chrono, P01L Adaptive Spt Seats, XLF 2-Stage Spt Exhaust,
407 SportDesign Wheels, 451 Makassar Str Whl Mult Function, 801 Makassar Package,
XJT Rear Ctr. Console Makassar, XSB Sport Seat Backs in Leather,
498 Delete Model Designation, CUC Painted Model Desig Rear
Old 11-28-2005, 06:03 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Perhaps each dealer is only allocated so many full leather, so many adaptive seats, etc. ?????
Old 11-28-2005, 06:32 PM
sato
Intermediate

I suspect it may be a dealer input rather than supply issue. On my order I sought the leather trimmed terracotta floormats, option (XX1). My dealer insisted that it was not available, and the only floormat options in their system were the basic floormats (M6T), or the floormats with colored trim(CFX). When I pushed back they decided to call PCNA. What they now tell me is that according to PCNA they had to access a different part of the ordering system to get the option to show up. Problem solved.

My guess is that some options are found under Tequipment, Exclusive, or Custom Tailoring menus as opposed to the main ordering menu. So, the dealer has to know where to find it.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:54 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 136 Posts

Part of the 'game' of ordering unusual combinations is getting PCNA or even Porsche AG to look it up. For many years the 'Special Wishes" department had an entirely different list than any dealer in the USA could ever hope to get his hands on. Many times it takes someone to lead the way to get them to understand their own options. Some dealerships just don't get the demand from their client base for odd things so they get bad at finding solutions. Other dealers who have more experienced customers (old time Porsche orderers) are better much of the time.

Unfortunately, the usual answer from most dealers is "you can't do that." It's a quick answer and they don't have to look anything up or make a phone call. (For example, I wanted suede seats in my Cabriolet (better for holding you in) but they ultimately decided it was only available for black interiors,--not the Cocoa I wound up ordering).

Dan

06 Cab S

98 Paint to Sample (Gulf Blue), RA Full leather--Cocoa Brown, V5 Cocoa top,
M6C Cocoa mats, 342 Heated Front Seats, 680 Bose Stereo, 692 Remote CD,
450 Ceramic Brakes PCCB, 482 Tire Pressure Monitoring Sys, 550 Hard Top,
640 Sport Chrono, P01L Adaptive Spt Seats, XLF 2-Stage Spt Exhaust,
407 SportDesign Wheels, 451 Makassar Str Whl Mult Function, 801 Makassar Package,
XJT Rear Ctr. Console Makassar, XSB Sport Seat Backs in Leather,
498 Delete Model Designation, CUC Painted Model Desig Rear
Old 11-28-2005, 07:03 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Default Dealer needs to check this out

I'm having a similar problem. My dealer can't enter sport seats with black full leather.
Try asking to order "P78" which is "Sports seats with full leather" and then pick "AT"
Old 11-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Le Chef
Try asking to order "P78" which is "Sports seats with full leather" and then pick "AT"
We tried that and every time the system throws a pop-up window with AP highlighted for us us to select.. If we select it then full leather gets deleted. If we don't comply with the pop-up then the system won't accept.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Default Call Porsche!

We tried that and every time the system throws a pop-up window with AP highlighted for us us to select.. If we select it then full leather gets deleted. If we don't comply with the pop-up then the system won't accept.
If the system won't enter what you want then the guy at Porsche may need to manually enter it.

It is of course part of Porsche's new ordering system which goes under the name of "Porsche. Integrated. Technical spec. Accessorizer." system (you'll figure the acronym out...)
Old 11-28-2005, 11:57 PM
Paul523
Pro

good advice, Le Chef.

Originally Posted by Edgy01
(For example, I wanted suede seats in my Cabriolet (better for holding you in) but they ultimately decided it was only available for black interiors,--not the Cocoa I wound up ordering).

Dan

06 Cab S
sorry OT-- hey Dan, suede seat option? intriguing (and my wife would love it ). is it in a brochure somewhere?
Old 11-29-2005, 08:34 AM
tocho
Track Day

Great advice. Will call the dealer. Thx a lot.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

I didn't mean to hijack. I think tocho and I are encountering the same problem. I'll have my dealer make a call too.

Quick Reply: No Adapt Sport Seats with Terracota?