Persuader
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Atlas Cab
Old 10-27-2005, 07:56 PM
FamilyCar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, there needs to be a 997 RS America so I can have an epiphany too. It would have a few speed bits, be modestly lighter, moderately less expensive, and be unpopular. I'd go down to the dealer and pick up the one they couldn't sell. Poor people need to dream too.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:24 AM
Paul S.
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ 996
I would skip the 6 disc and use an i Pod.
SSK sounds good, I like my OEM SSK in the 996 a lot.
Ipod integration is not easy unless/until somebody cracks Porsche's proprietary MOST system. There was this post that included one way of getting there (other than an FM modulator which isn't great) but I didn't like the prospect of a separate volume ****. I'm ripping my IPOD tracks to MP3's and playing in the in-dash. I passed on the changer--I've had it in my last 5 Porsches and it's always the same. I end up listening to the same 6 CD's over and over again. So no changer on my PCA Club Coupe.

IPOD Install on 997
Old 10-28-2005, 03:28 AM
Porky
Instructor

Had a butchers at an Atlas / Sand Beige with 19" Sports the other day - knocked me socks off! Lovely combination - Atlas / Grey or Black leather not so horny
Old 10-29-2005, 03:29 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd pass on the changer, my last car had the same 6 cd's for three years. PCCB's/x51/PSE are way overpriced. The car already has the big red TT brakes, pccb are toooo costly. 17K for 30hp? Just too much dough. If you don't like the sound, just add aftermarket mufflers later, pass on PSE.
AG is a great color.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:03 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Went down to the dealer today on a scouting mission, here is what I have it narrowed down to now: Atlas Grey/ Nat Grey full leather (AG looks awesome in person), sport chrono, sport shifter(std shifter sucks), bose, electric seats w/crests. The sport seats looked nice but I need a lumbar support so it has to be the electric seats. To my surprise, I liked the std 19" wheels in person, the Sport designs were a tad busy but I still may get them. I really wanted to check out the PCCBs, I'm really torn, but no chance to see or drive them. I can't drop $8K on brakes on spec, I REALLY need to drive some. I could care less about PSE. Dealer says they can get it in 90 days, which is fine as I want an April delivery.
Now how bad will I get screwed on my trade????

Quick Reply: Coming to the dark side....