Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997S exhaust systems are back in stock and shipping!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005 | 01:11 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Default 997S exhaust systems are back in stock and shipping!

For those that waited we appreciate your patience. We do have sets that are available to ship.

If you are looking for great sound and superior build quality, we urge you to check it out.

For those skeptical of the power gains, we assure you we did plenty of testing to verify. We spent days on the dyno swapping parts to verify the #'s we were seeing. This baby is a corked up GT3 motor.

If you have specific questions, please send me an email or call toll free.

Mike@awe-tuning.com

or

888-565-2257

997S system from AWE Tuning

Hi res action video

Old 09-29-2005 | 02:40 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Mike - I looked at your website and your work on the 997 exhaust system appears to be impressive. The website says that the system is modular, so that individual parts can be interchanged with stock systems. For those of us with Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE) systems already installed, is there any advantage, horsepower or otherwise, to using your catalytic converters as opposed to the stock cats?
Old 09-29-2005 | 02:46 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Originally Posted by lawjdc
Mike - I looked at your website and your work on the 997 exhaust system appears to be impressive. The website says that the system is modular, so that individual parts can be interchanged with stock systems. For those of us with Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE) systems already installed, is there any advantage, horsepower or otherwise, to using your catalytic converters as opposed to the stock cats?
The biggest gains have been found with the cat sections. So if you are going to add anything, the cats are my recommendation.

These will work, fit, and sound very nicely with your PSE mufflers.

I hope this helps with your decision.

Mike
Old 09-29-2005 | 04:20 PM
florindi
Rennlist Member

Mike,
Does your cats make the stock system louder? What was the gains with just the cat change?
Old 09-29-2005 | 05:06 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Originally Posted by florindi
Mike,
Does your cats make the stock system louder? What was the gains with just the cat change?
Volume increase is only going to be appx. 10%. It's minimal. The bigger increase in volume and tone is from the muffler sections.

I don't have a cat to cat comparison, but this is close. I can tell you that these gains were mostly made from the cat sections.

I like the cat muffler combo due to the increase in noise. The tone of our system is much better than stock. The OEM set up sounds a little week in my opinion.

Hope this answers your question.
Old 09-29-2005 | 10:33 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

That's a heck of an exhaust system Mike, very impressive power gain. Wish I had a 997
Old 09-30-2005 | 12:01 AM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

holy moly, 31lb/ft gain at the wheels from mufflers and cats?!?

The dyno seems plausible but, sheesh, it's a surprise and mystery to me that Porsche bottlenecked the exhaust so much... one would think that higher HP/TQ numbers would make the car that much more desirable.
Old 09-30-2005 | 09:37 AM
Conrado
Instructor

On an Euro spec 997S will I get the same results??? And those gains are WITHOUT any mod on the ECU, right?? I'm impressed!!
Old 09-30-2005 | 10:38 AM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Originally Posted by Conrado
On an Euro spec 997S will I get the same results??? And those gains are WITHOUT any mod on the ECU, right?? I'm impressed!!
We are not sure. All of our testing was done on a U.S. spec car on 93 octane. These gains were done using the stock programming.

Please email if you are interested.

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2005 | 11:15 AM
OCBen
Banned

Mike,

I'm sure you realize this, and your chart there should have made this clear, but those results are only valid on a "before/after" comparo using the identical same car. Obviously the deltas wouldn't be valid if you were comparing two different 997Ss side by side, one with and one without your upgrades.

You're not trying to pull a fast one on us are you? If not, tell your chart maker to correct the statement on the bottom to read: "AFTER installation of..." or similar words to convey the before/after notion.
Old 09-30-2005 | 11:24 AM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Originally Posted by OCBen
Mike,

I'm sure you realize this, and your chart there should have made this clear, but those results are only valid on a "before/after" comparo using the identical same car. Obviously the deltas wouldn't be valid if you were comparing two different 997Ss side by side, one with and one without your upgrades.

You're not trying to pull a fast one on us are you? If not, tell your chart maker to correct the statement on the bottom to read: "AFTER installation of..." or similar words to convey the before/after notion.
Read the second sentance.
http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/info...cfm?content=38

We have been around for 15 years. You don't get to where we are by "pulling a fast one".
Old 09-30-2005 | 04:36 PM
fer2367
Rennlist Member

Mike....how about the weight savings? Could you break those by component?

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2005 | 04:48 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Originally Posted by fer2367
Mike....how about the weight savings? Could you break those by component?

Thanks!
Weight savings is as follows.

Stock 997S cat sections: 24 lbs
AWE 997S cat sections: 12 lbs
Savings of 12 lbs

Stock 997S mufflers: 46 lbs
AWE 997S mufflers: 34 lbs
Savings of 12 lbs

Stock 997S headers: 12 lbs
AWE 997 headers: 16 lbs
Gain of 4 lbs

Combined savings of 20 lbs.

We wish the savings were higher, but we are using a tube gauge of .065. It's heavier, but much stronger. It also allows us better weld penetration.
Old 09-30-2005 | 05:52 PM
alin330
Instructor

Anyone out there have A.W.E. Exhaust System installed can give an review?
Old 09-30-2005 | 06:41 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Originally Posted by alin330
Anyone out there have A.W.E. Exhaust System installed can give an review?
If you check over on 6speed there is a user review.

Please keep in mind that all of our exhaust products carry a lifetime warranty. We also offer a 30 day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied.

Quick Reply: 997S exhaust systems are back in stock and shipping!