Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Covered 572 mi today

A couple of pics
Old 09-26-2005 | 09:31 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

MJ - Where was the first pic taken? It looks like a fun drive! The second pic could have been taken anywhere, since every highway in the USA is perpetually under construction.
Old 09-26-2005 | 10:28 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

MJ just about finished the book you recommended. It's been great. Now I have to sign up for my DE. I'm sure you heard what happened at Lime Rock, CT this weekend. A very unfortunate accident despite all efforts for safety. Good luck on your trip. Stay safe and please send more pics.

Jay
Old 09-26-2005 | 11:01 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

The first photo is dreamy. Thanks for the updates. I think I'm getting due for a Saint Petersburg to Dallas and back run to see my business partner.
Old 09-27-2005 | 08:24 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The dreamy pic is on US 78, which is the last 100mi leg going to Birmingham, really nice country, mostly 55, and then there are the town speed zones to 35 with the occasional stop lights.
Don't want to stray over the line around a corner since you share the road with the big-rigs.

Now I have cracked the 10k mark I'am pleased my oil consumption is next to nothing... still at full bars after the 2000 mile trip... in total I've only added a bit over 1 qt of oil for the 10k. I would think that the long haul break-in I did was good for the engine.

Two Road-trip tips for you:
Use a proper seating position... More upright ..let the seat do it's job...they are great and offer good support.
Wear ear plugs, sounds goofey, but cuts out the droning tire noise, and you can still enloy tunes.
But at the end of the day your head will be clearer, with no after effect buzzing.

LA -Birmingham Stats
Miles 2072
Av Speed 72
Av MPG 26.6
Drive time 29 hrs

A day off today
Tomorrow PDE

Old 09-27-2005 | 10:56 AM
Sobe
Pro

Glad you had a safe trip , do you have a clear bra on that car ........... if not what does the front end look like at this point . I find that on road trips the thing that takes its toll on the car the most is when I come up on road construction like in your photo . When I see those signs " Road Construction Ahead " I start to get a little paranoid . Also how often do you wash the car on your road trips , I waste so much time trying to keep the car clean on long trips .

Have a great time at the PDE , tell them they should give you a big discounts for the advertising you give them , reading your posts is the best advertising they could have .
Old 09-27-2005 | 12:20 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I really am not **** about the car, after all it is just a car. I wash the windscreen on road trips and thats about it, until I return home. No Clear bra, just a couple coats of Rejex which will help the bug removal, yes it really works.
A patina of bugs is a badge of driving!
Old 09-27-2005 | 12:25 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by MJones
I really am not **** about the car, after all it is just a car. I wash the windscreen on road trips and thats about it, until I return home. No Clear bra, just a couple coats of Rejex which will help the bug removal, yes it really works.

I like your attitude.

I roadtripped to my two PDEs. I love driving in Mississippi and Alabamma. Man, you're giving me the itch.
Old 09-27-2005 | 12:35 PM
Sobe
Pro

yea you got the right attitude But I do think the clear bra under all those bugs would not be a bad idea but you gotta do it when the car is new or just painted .

Quick Reply: Covered 572 mi today