Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Primer on Waxing - For those who really, really need help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 01:33 PM
Matt C
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Raptor, but ...

I do know that site as well as some more that carry Klasse. However, they are all based in the US. I'm looking for a European, or even better a Swiss retailer that carries. My thinking was that the producer itself might have a list of a retailstore where the product is available. That's why I'm looking for the URL of Klasse itself.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:36 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If you're in Europe, I don't think you'd want to be ordering through California, where Autopia is based. Most dealerships carry Klasse, especially BMW dealerships. You may want to try your local German car dealerships first.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Matt C: Sorry I misunderstood, I haven't tried it yet, but Profiplast seems to be similar, except they claim that the product also seals (which is the second step in the Klasse approach). The German site is http://www.profiplast.de/ Also there is a Swiss rep at http://www.profiplast.ch/
Old 10-28-2005, 02:37 PM
OCBen
Banned

I'd stay away from any products that use the "flaming hood" trick to try to sell their stuff. Don't even waste your money on products like these. I have no idea why Raptor would even dare to suggest this product that he himself has not tried.

If you came to this thread looking for good advice, stick to the tried and true. PM me if you need help finding Klasse and I'll see to it that you're able to get some locally.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:56 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

OCBen: Largely because I discovered Klasse 15-20 years ago from some dumbass display at an auto show, where the demo guys used the same technique to sell the product - which, incidentally, did not make Klasse a lesser product. If no one ever "dared" to try something new, we'd all be using Simoniz and a chamois which at one time were the "tried and true."
Old 10-28-2005, 03:30 PM
OCBen
Banned

Precisely my point. ... First dare to try something yourself before recommending it to someone else.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wasn't a recommendation! Simply a German site with a Swiss rep that he could talk to. Peace!
Old 10-28-2005, 03:48 PM
OCBen
Banned

Suggestion/recommendation, whatever you want to call it, you're trying to steer him to a rep for this product that you yourself cannot vouch for, when he came here precisely to know how he can get Klasse where he lives. That's what he's looking for, not a possible substitute. ... My suggestion is to try the local dealerships first.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:55 PM
Matt C
Addict
Rennlist Member

Easy, easy, guys. I didn't want to kick off a fight.

Since ordering in CA from Europe doesn't make much sense, all I wanted to know was the manufaturer's address, which might be mentioned on the product (as it seems to be coming from Germany, I should be available somewhere here).

Thanks for you're help anyway.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:34 PM
OCBen
Banned

Just defending the process steps I laid down in this thread. Don't want anyone to be misled, that's all.

Hey Matt, have you tried calling the parts counter at some of the local German auto dealers?

Last edited by OCBen; 10-28-2005 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Matt C
Addict
Rennlist Member

OCBen,

Yep, unfortunately with no luck. They don't know that stuff. I also invested a good amount of time in internet research with no luck either.

BTW - many thanks for this brilliant thread
Old 05-25-2006, 07:37 PM
littlebigfish
Instructor

I must have reread this entire thread 4 times. I have three questions:

1) Is the 3M IHG interchangeable with the Klasse HGSG or are they complementary?

2) I know the polish should be applied in a linear fashion. What about the AIO, should this be applied linearly?

3) How often throughout the year should I do each of these: paintwork cleanser, AIO, HGSG, and Carnuba Wax.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:56 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 262 Likes on 142 Posts

Ben, two questions: first I am very interested in the rotary polisher, but they are dangerous and require strict control and concentration, unlike my lazy Porter Cable orbital that generates little heat and probably less shine and can be used by my cat, Chester. What pads do you use with it? Secondly, do you have any transparent armor on your car? Thx in advance---
Old 05-25-2006, 08:02 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NoSubEDU
Love the P21S wax, but I'm a little skeptical of the Rejex.

Sounds like nothing more than a synthetic wax/polish to me.
NoSub:

Rejex is not a wax, nor a polish. It's a stain blocker, designed to keep combustion by-products and other crap off aircraft skin. I've used it on my C4S, and I'm amazed at the teflon-like properties that it's given to the paint and wheels.

That being said; you're not going to get a Zaino / P21S "deep" shine by using Rejex, unless you apply many, many coats. (Eric@BumperPlugs, don't hate me!).

If you want to use Rejex, you must wash / clay / wash / polish - then apply. There are no cleaners or polishing agents in Rejex. The paint has to be perfectly smooth and clean before you apply.

I'm totally happy with the finish I get from Rejex. Washing is a joy, too - bugs just disappear with a gentle swipe of a microfiber mitt soaked in Meguiar's Gold Class car soap.

Regardless of what you choose (and I'm looking at Zaino as a near-term project) - two coats of Rejex on clean wheels will prevent you from hating your stock brake pads.

I'm 2 pages into a 6 page thread, so I may be jumping the gun here...

Ben, great thread start!

-don
Attached Images  
Old 05-25-2006, 08:06 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1957 356
OCBen

I have a new Artic Silver 997 and have a question for you. Below the tailights on each side of the rear bumper, there appears to be residue from a large sticker of some kind (maybe some protective material coming from the factory). I've washed a couple times and can't seem to get it off. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
'57:

Take it back to the dealer. If they screwed up removing the protective transport film, it's their problem - not yours!

-don

Quick Reply: A Primer on Waxing - For those who really, really need help!