Sponsored by:

Temptation on Line One

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 158 Posts
Unhappy Temptation on Line One

I ordered my 2006 Carrera S Coupe at the end of June. It will be an October build-date with a presumed December delivery. I carefully considered all the options and tailored the car exactly the way I wanted it: Black/Black with the good stuff. So far, so good.

This morning my salesman calls to check in and to say he has two 2CS's that have just become available, both set up more-or-less similarly to my order. One is Silver, the other is Seal Gray...and did I want to come in and have a look before they got snapped up? Maybe buy one of those and not wait until December?

The calendar shows me waiting at least four more months for my perfect Black/Black beauty, but the salesman is telling me that I could have a new C2S TODAY. (I picture him wearing a devil costume, complete with pitch-fork and horns.)

Well, I'm resisting temptation by not going to my Porsche dealer to look at these cars. I'm going to wait...wait for the next time he calls with available C2S's...wait until my dream car is built and sent to me...I'm going to wait. This is not easy.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:07 PM
atlas310
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd resist the temptation. You have the exact car you want on order. There are six colors I'd want Basalt Black, Atlas Grey, Midnight Blue, Polar Silver, GT Silver or White (I know, some are special order). If I ordered Black and the opportunity to get one of the other colors 4 months earlier arose (similar options and pricing of course), I'd probably make the jump. But only because I really like the other colors as well. So I guess my point is, if you like Arctic Silver and Seal Grey about as much as black, maybe they're worth checking out. But if black is definitely your favorite I say fugedaboutit.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The devil...Are they '06 models? If you see either the silver or seal grey cars at night under lights, it's over--you'll want one of them immediately. That being said, while the wait seems excruciating now, it's really nothing compared to the thrill when the car with your precise colors/ options arrives, just mho. Btw, nice avatar-not taken as indication of your break-in method .
Old 08-13-2005, 09:55 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Wait and get your creation, not someone else's.

Jay
Old 08-13-2005, 11:35 PM
atlas310
AutoX

DJ,

Beautiful car. The more I see Atlas Grey, the more it grows on me.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:36 AM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Tough call, i love my black beauty but sure wish it was silver somedays when its dirty!
Old 08-14-2005, 12:47 PM
vtach88
Advanced

Originally Posted by rss997
Tough call, i love my black beauty but sure wish it was silver somedays when its dirty!
Couldn't agree more.... Get what you really want. But, silver is simply fantastic. I can't believe how it changes it's look according to the ambient light...
Attached Images    
Old 08-14-2005, 01:46 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Your salesperson would really like to have a another "DEAL" on the board this month.
Nothing to do with being a nice guy, and in fact he really does weara devil costume, complete with pitch-fork and horns
Old 08-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones
Your salesperson would really like to have a another "DEAL" on the board this month.
Nothing to do with being a nice guy...
If he were selling Fords, I'd agree with you. But he already has my "deal on the board" for December so, he'd just be moving me back four months. And besides, both cars were sold yesterday. Carrera S's just don't stick around...regardless of color.

And thanks for the moral support everyone; I'm waiting for MY Black/Black to be built MY WAY. At least until the next call from my salesguy...

Quick Reply: Temptation on Line One