Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM screen has quit at 500 miles...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 03:43 PM
eric997s
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM screen has quit at 500 miles...

Hello everybody,

Well I bought my first porsche (911S GT Silver/Black) on August 1st replacing my beloved M3. After 500 miles, my nav/PCM screen has quit on me. It looks like an old television screen where somebody messed with the vertical and horizontal holds.

To say I am frustrated is an understatement. I understand that things happen, but for a car that cost $100,000 I really feel let down by the whole situation. Turns out, I drop my car off at the dealer last Thursday to get this situation solved along with the addition of the carbon center console which wasn't put on at the factory. The dealer says that they would be able to overnight a new screen in for me and it would be in Friday. I call Friday at 1pm asking when my car will be done. I am told to be there at 5pm. I arrive, neither the screen nor the console was replaced. The center console didn't have the cutout for the "passenger airbag off" signal, and they won't be able to get the screen for possibly a couple of weeks since it is an '06. When I called, the service manager made absolutely no mention that neither part was installed. Honestly, I had crappy service. I really think the dealer could have at least informed me on the telephone. So my car was out for two days with nothing accomplished. To top it off, this dealer (Euroclassics in Richmond, VA) doesn't offer loaners.

Sorry for the rant, but for a car that cost twice as much as my M3, I would at least hope for comprable service. Has anyone else had trouble with their screens going haywire???

Thanks.

Eric
'06 911s GT Silver/Black

Quick Reply: PCM screen has quit at 500 miles...