Old 08-13-2005, 03:39 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Lowering Springs On Dropped 997S Cab With 20 inch Tech Arts

We just completed our second 997S Cab (we usually do coupes) with the H&R lowering springs (yes they truly are available guys!) and I was actually really impressed with the handling. On the test drive I expected the 20 inch tech arts to be iffy but I had a lot of confidence in turns and so on. Plus yeah it does look pretty slick... We had a few people do the usua "Daaaaaaayyyyyum". Toomer's car is so well optioned. It's got a really slick interior with all kindsa silver accents. My favorite 997S cab to date.. I know the tech arts are heavy but the look pretty beefy/mean!

Now that we've done a good few 997S' with the lowering springs I can honestly say it compliments the PASM suspension really well. The handling is no worse, which has often been the case when simply slapping springs on (like on non PASM cars). For a change you don't seem to have to sacrifice handling for looking good. On the 996s I always steer people away from springs in favor a true coil over kit such as the PSS9s to avoid, pogooing and so forth...
Attached Images      
Old 08-13-2005, 08:21 PM
fast lane
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That car looks SICK!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 10:45 PM
cmoss

Sorry dude, but those wheels are way too big. I've noticed that as the wheels get larger they've started to look like old-time covered wagon wheels. I mean the cross drilled rotors look so little and lost in all that wheel. A certain sense of proportion is lost. Just because one can do something does not mean one should...
Old 08-13-2005, 11:00 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by cmoss
Sorry dude, but those wheels are way too big. I've noticed that as the wheels get larger they've started to look like old-time covered wagon wheels. I mean the cross drilled rotors look so little and lost in all that wheel. A certain sense of proportion is lost. Just because one can do something does not mean one should...
LOL ok so get bigger brakes Well different strokes for different folks. I'm not usually a fan of bigguns on my cars but I can certainly appreciate them on these new cars. They come stock with 19s and so I guess 20s is the next step up for "looking good". Just like on the 996TT scene (I still run 18s for performance) where 18s were stock and now 19s are the order of the day... In fact the cargraphic shoot out race cars in Europe use 20s on their 997s. Strange but true.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:39 AM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Sharky, I love the cab but those wheels dont look right on a cab...spokes are too big and thats all your eye is drawn to. They seem to look better (even though I dont like 20's on 997's) on the coupes....

I guess if you buy a cab one really does not care about weight....

Just my honest opinion!
Old 08-14-2005, 01:53 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Bling Bling...hey look at my ride
I'am a really cool dude.

Really looks like crap!
To each there own.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Tbred911
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what color is that interior... that looks hot!!
Old 08-14-2005, 04:56 PM
tooner
Advanced

bling bling away
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs On Dropped 997S Cab With 20 inch Tech Arts