Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any PCA members here besides me signed up for a chance to BUY the new Club Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 05:22 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interior color? What do you guys think of the "Sea Blue"? Too dark? I can't have beige as both the Boxster (two tone Sand Beige and Black) and the Pepper (Sand Beige) already use these colors....

As I understand it, no custom colors for the interrior, just the standard colors?

Other wise, I kinda like "Coco Brown" which is not a "standard color" only an "upgrade color"...

I don't know why I am day dreaming about this, I feel it's gonna be pretty darn hard to win a chance to buy this baby, but if ya don't play you can't win...
Old 08-09-2005, 10:47 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

I know, sometimes I think the most enjoyable part of buying a new car is the fantasy/research phase. It's nice that the Club Coupe has given us something to fantasize about.

I guess I'll be bummed if I don't get selected to buy one (I'm not kidding myself about winning one-no chance of that). But at this point I think my 996 is destined to be replaced by a 997 and so I'll probably end up ordering one even if it isn't the Club Coupe.

Back to the Club Coupe interior, I think some carbon fiber bits would tie in nicely with the carbon fiber air box under the bonnet. And the more I think about it the more I think the interior, for me, will have to be black. I probably need to head over to my dealer and check out some leather samples and such.

When do we find out? Friday the 19th?
Old 08-10-2005, 10:08 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AeroSmith
Back to the Club Coupe interior, I think some carbon fiber bits would tie in nicely with the carbon fiber air box under the bonnet.
I like the ideal of tying in the carbon fiber air box with some pieces inside the 911!

Yep, I think we have a little more than one week till we find out who wins...
Old 08-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JFScheck
I like the ideal of tying in the carbon fiber air box with some pieces inside the 911!

Yep, I think we have a little more than one week till we find out who wins...
How do they announce it?
Old 08-10-2005, 12:07 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
How do they announce it?

3. Selection of Registrants. If forty eight (48) or fewer eligible registrants submit registration forms for the Offer in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, then each of those registrants will receive a Negotiation Opportunity to purchase a Vehicle in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. If more than forty eight (48) eligible registrants submit registration forms for the Offer, then an independent organization will conduct a random drawing from among the pool of eligible registrants to determine which forty eight (48) eligible registrants will receive a Negotiation Opportunity. Drawing will be conducted on 8/19/05 at 1:00 PM Central Time in Chanhassan, MN. Persons who are selected to receive a Negotiation Opportunity will be notified on or about 8/19/05 via telephone and/or the e-mail address submitted on the registration form. Each eligible registrant selected to receive a Negotiation Opportunity is a “Selected Registrant”. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, each Selected Registrant will have an opportunity to negotiate the purchase of a Vehicle. In PCNA’s sole discretion, a Selected Registrant may be disqualified and be required to forfeit the Negotiation Opportunity and the ability to purchase a Vehicle pursuant to this Offer, if such person: (i) is unreachable; (ii) declines or cannot accept the Negotiation Opportunity for any reason; or (iii) does not comply with these Terms and Conditions (e.g., the Selected Registrant does not submit an official Vehicle purchase order form by the order deadline as set forth in Paragraph 5 below, or does not finalize the purchase and take delivery of the Vehicle as set forth in Paragraph 5 below) or any other subsequent terms and conditions presented by PCNA or Dealer. In the event that a Selected Registrant is disqualified and required to forfeit a Negotiation Opportunity as set forth above, PCNA may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate Selected Registrant in accordance with these Terms and Condition from among the remaining eligible entries. By selecting an alternate Selected Registrant, PCNA has the right to reassign and deliver such Vehicle to the Dealer designated by that alternate Selected Registrant on his/her registration form. PCNA reserves the right not to select alternate Selected Registrants and not to provide all forty eight (48) Negotiation Opportunities. The odds of receiving a Negotiation Opportunity will depend on the number of eligible registrations submitted. There are approximately 53,000 U.S. and Canadian PCA Members in good standing as of June 1, 2005
Old 08-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks AeroSmith.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:25 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JFScheck
Interior color? What do you guys think of the "Sea Blue"? Too dark? I can't have beige as both the Boxster (two tone Sand Beige and Black) and the Pepper (Sand Beige) already use these colors....

As I understand it, no custom colors for the interrior, just the standard colors?

Other wise, I kinda like "Coco Brown" which is not a "standard color" only an "upgrade color"...

I don't know why I am day dreaming about this, I feel it's gonna be pretty darn hard to win a chance to buy this baby, but if ya don't play you can't win...
I'm dreaming about it too, but the sweepstake win though, so I dont have to sell my CayenneS to buy a 997
Old 08-11-2005, 01:27 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

The Cayenne stays (I love my Pepper) and the Boxster is the wife's...
Old 08-11-2005, 11:41 PM
solsrch
Pro

Definitely want to win one, just like everyone else. I finally broke down and threw my name in the hat for an opportunity to buy. I'm not sure what I'll do if I get the opportunity but since winning a record from a radio station when I was about 17 (almost 30 years ago) I'm obviously not on a winning streak. I seriously doubt I'll have to decide what to do with a chance to purchase one.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:02 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

X51 Powerkit option price is $16,900, for those who might want to know.

Only a few days left to throw your hat into the ring!!!
Old 08-12-2005, 02:13 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Default X51!

ME WANT X51!

LOL, wow that's a lot of dough! So the Club Coupe really is a gift even if you have to buy it. I honestly hope I get the chance to buy one. It'll be a nice upgrade from my 996 and I love the color.

I'm trying to console myself that I can still order an C2S, or maybe a C4S, with the X51 even if I don't get to purchase the CLub Coupe.

Have you seen the new Panorama? The C4S sure looks like an amazingly rock solid ride. I'm sure AWD would be a killer with the X51. Hmmmmm, I do like to drive in the rain. Maybe I just lust after whatever is on the cover of this month's Panorma. They do seem to get great shots of these cars.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:57 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

So what do you guys think are our odds of winning a chance to purchase this car?
Old 08-12-2005, 03:11 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Default Who knows?

5 to 1 against? 5 to 1 assumes 300 folks signed up.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by AeroSmith
5 to 1 against? 5 to 1 assumes 300 folks signed up.
I bet a lot more than 300 people sign up. I am ready to buy and signed up. I would have to sell 2 cars to buy this one, but it is that special.

I hope you are right about the odds.

And I wonder what happens when people are chosen, then decide to pass. Do they throw that opportunity back into the hat?
Old 08-12-2005, 08:16 PM
solsrch
Pro

Some folks are already preparing to resell or sell off their opportunity. Not surprising.

Quick Reply: Any PCA members here besides me signed up for a chance to BUY the new Club Coupe?