Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any PCA members here besides me signed up for a chance to BUY the new Club Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 03:23 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the color, registered to buy one (both my wife and I are members) so I'm hoping that's twice the chance to win the opportunity to add this car to my other two Porsches...

I really want this car, the color and the options (all that I was looking at ordering on my "S" for 2007) make it a pretty attractive value!
Old 08-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Bill - Chicago
Instructor

I did not see the list of options on the PCA web site. What is included besides the X51?
Old 08-03-2005, 05:13 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by TD in DC
I signed up to buy and probably will if given a chance. The car is optioned almost exactly the way I would option it if I ordered from the floor. It is far, far cheaper than buying a normal 997S with the same options. The limited edition is merely a "bonus" in my book, but bonus I like. I think that the PCA club coupe is different than many special options because 50 (48 actually) is far, far fewer than most of the so-called "special editions" offered by Porsche. Plus, I like PCA. I like the idea of a "PCA Coupe" I don't want a Turbo. I dont want AWD.

I could imagine holding on to a car like this for the rest of my life.

That said, I would be far happier winning it in the sweepstakes

My sentiments exactly. Well said!
Old 08-03-2005, 05:17 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by Bill - Chicago
I did not see the list of options on the PCA web site. What is included besides the X51?
The Vehicle: Pursuant to this Offer, there are forty eight (48) Vehicles that will soon be available for purchase. Each Vehicle available for purchase features the following: Azurro California exterior color, Full Leather (customer choice of standard colors), Powerkit X51 (381hp), Sport Chrono Pkg, Sport Shifter, 19” Sport design Wheel, Black Instrumental Dials, Sport Seats, Rear Center Console Ext. Color, Thicker Sport Steering Wheel, Stainless Steel Door Sills “PCA logo”, Badge on door trim “PCA x/50” (MSRP of vehicle: US$99,911). Vehicles are subject to availability. Although each Vehicle has a MSRP of US$99,911, PCNA cannot and will not require the Dealer to sell the Vehicle at any particular price, and the winner and the Dealer must negotiate the price between themselves. Additional options on Vehicles requested by Selected Registrant will increase the Vehicle’s MSRP.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:29 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by M758
Well really now...
For example how much more is 40th Aniv 996 worth as compared to the 996 with similar options?

There's at least 2000 made of the 40th aniv 996 not 50, big difference, plus the 40th comes in silver, too many silver cars but check now for the price of the 40th, it 's definitely more than a regular carrera, it's a crazy world
Old 08-04-2005, 10:41 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Question

Color me crazy
I'am seriously considering throwing my hat into the ring, I've got until 8/15, for an opporunity to purchase one of the 48.
Love the color, and the X51 with PSE would be nice.
$99,911
Then add to that an additional $5,500 or so for various options: Heated Seats, Nav, Bose, Dimming Mirrors, GSM Phone, TPMS.

Then there is the hit that will be taken on my '05 'S' that now is 6 months old.
OUCH!

It's a slippery slope...yet there is no guarantee that if my hat is in the ring that I will have the opportunity.

What to do?
Old 08-04-2005, 10:51 AM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by MJones
Color me crazy

What to do?

Don't do it!!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by MJones
Color me crazy
I'am seriously considering throwing my hat into the ring, I've got until 8/15, for an opporunity to purchase one of the 48.
Love the color, and the X51 with PSE would be nice.
$99,911
Then add to that an additional $5,500 or so for various options: Heated Seats, Nav, Bose, Dimming Mirrors, GSM Phone, TPMS.

Then there is the hit that will be taken on my '05 'S' that now is 6 months old.
OUCH!

It's a slippery slope...yet there is no guarantee that if my hat is in the ring that I will have the opportunity.

What to do?
IF your entry is selected you can always turn it down... nothing to loose really... but if you don't submit the entry and decide that you want it... you are one step further from the chance of being able to do so...

What was that joke about a guy that wanted to win the lotto, the lotto ticket, and God?... help me out... buy the frigging ticket...
Old 08-04-2005, 12:29 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wachuko
IF your entry is selected you can always turn it down... nothing to loose really... but if you don't submit the entry and decide that you want it... you are one step further from the chance of being able to do so...

What was that joke about a guy that wanted to win the lotto, the lotto ticket, and God?... help me out... buy the frigging ticket...
Damnit Jaime, whose side are you on? Don't do it. If you enter you must buy!
Old 08-04-2005, 01:25 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey what ever you do don't enter the sweepstakes.. I hear they take all your other Porsches away after you win the car and they get to use it for 1 year as a press car for the first 30k miles.

Yep don't enter the sweepstakes... Nothing, but bad news!

Old 08-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I entered for both but if anyone is interested in buying one (assuming I'm one of the lucky ones), contact me, I might sell it forward.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:06 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M758
Hey what ever you do don't enter the sweepstakes.. I hear they take all your other Porsches away after you win the car and they get to use it for 1 year as a press car for the first 30k miles.

Yep don't enter the sweepstakes... Nothing, but bad news!

Yep, don't enter, I hear they even take your dog!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 06:23 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JFScheck
Yep, don't enter, I hear they even take your dog!!!

Wow worse than I thought. I wonder it you can un-enter? Some you folks should consider that.

Old 08-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

According to Jack (the Porsche/PCA liason) they have recieved a signifiant response on purchasing the car from club members (i'm one as well).
What the heck - if i can buy it, i will.
the 997 Looks Pretty Neat in 356 color.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:58 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Originally Posted by Cupcar#12
According to Jack (the Porsche/PCA liason) they have recieved a signifiant response on purchasing the car from club members.

Thanks for that info. Not what I wanted to hear....but thanks.

I just can't imagine a more loving home for a Club Coupe than the garage below my home office. I've got the 100 grand in the bank ready to go. Please, please, please pick me!

Ugh, the suspense is killing me.

Quick Reply: Any PCA members here besides me signed up for a chance to BUY the new Club Coupe?