Sponsored by:

2006 colors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 11:24 PM
bighat
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 colors?

Any scoop on new colors for 2006? Also, thinking about GT Silver with Terracotta interior. Dealer doesn't have any Terracottas in stock to check out-tough to pull the trigger on an unusual color without seeing it. Looking for a unique color combo.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:06 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Here is a unique interior color combo... maybe too unique? This was posted on another site.
Attached Images  
Old 07-06-2005, 04:55 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Here is a unique interior color combo... maybe too unique? This was posted on another site.
Is that Ronald McDonald's Porsche?
Old 07-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Speed
Pro

I saw a Carerra GT in GT Silver with terracotta interior and it looked fabulous. One note of caution: it is an unusual combination and might affect resale value.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:44 PM
MikeN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by bighat
Any scoop on new colors for 2006? Also, thinking about GT Silver with Terracotta interior. Dealer doesn't have any Terracottas in stock to check out-tough to pull the trigger on an unusual color without seeing it. Looking for a unique color combo.
I have seen a few 997's with Terracotta interiors......and one word of caution......in sunlight its a pretty bright and "distinctive" color. I do like it though......but I don't know if I would get it. It is one color you REALLY need to see in person first......it shows so much different in each photo.

A dealer near me recently had an Artic Silver on Terracotta S (picture below)........either GT or Artic match great with it........so does Slate Grey and Black. Have also seen a midnight blue on terracotta....and didn't like that as much.

For 2006 I've heard that there will be a bi-color Terracotta/Black interior combo......and that should be something to think about also.

One color that is very under used IMO is Dark Teal.......hardly anyone ever sees or orders this color, but every time I see it in person it looks stunning......and so do most others.
Attached Images  
Old 07-08-2005, 12:32 AM
bighat
2nd Gear

Thanks for the pic MikeN. Don't think I need to see Terracotta in person now. That pic did it---it's not for me--too much of a "look at me" statement.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:39 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I've seen Terracotta in person and sat in it (in a Carrera GT) (unfortunately the dealer took the keys before letting me in the car). It can look nice and its distinctive (its not quite as bright as it shows in the picture above), BUT I think its something you could easily tire of before long and I also think it would hurt resale. The natural gray and natural brown interiors and leather are really nice - more expensive, but if I ever ordered a car I would seriously consider them.

Trending Topics

Old 07-08-2005, 12:51 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by CoochasTT
Is that Ronald McDonald's Porsche?
LOL!!!
Old 07-08-2005, 01:15 AM
MMD
Banned

No new colors for 2006. At least that's what my guy told me several weeks ago when I finalized my order (i.e was about to pass the point of "no changes).

Interior color? IMHO, Black is the only choice possible IF IF IF the bizzy-ness of all the disperate interior components bother you. There's just TOO MUCH going on inside that car with the speaker covers, the trims, the transitions, the contours, the materials, the lines-shapes-textures.

Black tones the whole visual circus down.

Just something to think about.

Quick Reply: 2006 colors?