Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics - My New Midnight Blue C2

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005 | 10:55 PM
DougNY
Intermediate

Default Pics - My New Midnight Blue C2

OK, so I finally got out of the city this weekend and was able to take some pics. Apologies to Tim, haven't had a chance to detail as per your instructions. Interior is Sea Blue with the supple leather.

This is my first porsche (my first REAL big boy's toy actually) and I am having a blast with it. Despite living in Manhattan (hence the tiptronic), I have been driving to work nearly everyday.

I also just want to note that since the day I picked her up, I have been reading this forum. I feel a bit like a part of a community (Membership here I come).

I hope you enjoy this unique color combo as much as I do. I don't think I was able to capture how stunning the blue on blue is.

-Doug
Attached Images          
Old 07-05-2005 | 11:13 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Great looking P-car Doug! Thanks for posting the pics. Love the Midnight and love the Sea Blue interior. Do 997's come standard with the aluminum gauge rings?

First MOD suggestion - Clear side markers to replace the yellow ones. Check out the difference between "before" and "after" in the thread below:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hlight=markers

make sure you read further on in the thread 'cuz someone (OCBen page 3 post #38) mentions an easier install technique.

Sweet ride, Doug!
Old 07-06-2005 | 01:34 AM
DougNY
Intermediate

Tim,

The gauges came that way with the aluminum rim. Not sure if that means that they are standard. We will have to wait to see what others say.

Thanks for the feedback. I am becoming proud of her.

D
Old 07-06-2005 | 10:18 AM
Speed
Pro

I see you've elected not to mount the front license plate. Good choice. So did I because it really detracts from the look of the car. Since you live in NYC, I caution you that the police at the Queens Midtown Tunnel are notorious for ticketing cars without front plates. Last summer a group of Ferrari Club guys, all without front plates, went on a trek to L.I. through the tunnel and they almost all got cited.
Old 07-06-2005 | 11:34 AM
jcf7
Pro

I also have the same colors....great when clean. Speed, thanks for the info re Midtown Tunnel. I've never had a problem, but I keep hearing that others have....I quess that it will soon be my turn. In the meantime, the absence of a front plate does make the car look better.....think of the ticket as an option payment for a better look!
Old 07-06-2005 | 11:59 AM
DougNY
Intermediate

I did go out of the city and back in through the tunnel this weekend and no problem. I'd like to think my little P Car does not draw as much attention as a line of Ferraris. We shall see; I am not ready to drill the holes yet.

Speed, were you on a pizza run in the Dino this weekend? I was in Watermill on Saturday. I stopped for a moment to admire a red/black Dino and the owner walked over. I made a comment how the Dino made a pizza run a whole lot more fun. Just noticed your location and cars, thought it might have been you.
Old 07-06-2005 | 12:14 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Congrats on the new car. She's a beaut!

I got my 2nd ticket for no front plate in Forest Hills just last weekend. I believe they are notoriously strict there. I parked the car on Madison Ave. the day after and not a problem.

I'm hoping to setup a Tri-State Rennlist drive some time this summer, so when I do...you should join us!

Congrats again!
Old 07-06-2005 | 12:23 PM
galigaga
3rd Gear

Wow! I must say, that color combo has the be the most elegant & classy Porsche I've ever seen. Midnight on Sea Blue, the color caps, ouch... FIREY HOT.

Please don't drill holes in your front bumper! Just stay out of Forest Hills and stay in the far left EZ-Pass lane on the East Bound Midtown Tunnel entrance (the cops are always standing and hanging out around the right, cash only side. Which reminds me.... EZ Pass?

HOT HOT P-CAR! CONGRATS!
Old 07-06-2005 | 12:35 PM
Speed
Pro

Originally Posted by DougNY
Speed, were you on a pizza run in the Dino this weekend? I was in Watermill on Saturday. I stopped for a moment to admire a red/black Dino and the owner walked over. I made a comment how the Dino made a pizza run a whole lot more fun. Just noticed your location and cars, thought it might have been you.
I have a feeling you saw my car (was it a Spyder with vintage '73 plates?) but not me. My starter motor died Sat. morning and the car was flat-bedded to my mechanic who has his shop in Southampton but lives in Watermill. He fixed it and drove it to his home in Watermill where I picked it up late Sat. night.
Old 07-06-2005 | 01:05 PM
DougNY
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Speed
I have a feeling you saw my car (was it a Spyder with vintage '73 plates?) but not me. My starter motor died Sat. morning and the car was flat-bedded to my mechanic who has his shop in Southampton but lives in Watermill. He fixed it and drove it to his home in Watermill where I picked it up late Sat. night.
Definately yours. Small world.
Old 07-06-2005 | 06:23 PM
jonquiljo
Advanced

Default Congrats

Congratulations. It looks like mine-at least from the outside.
Old 07-06-2005 | 06:55 PM
texas911
Race Car

Nice! WTTC!
Old 07-06-2005 | 07:02 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

beautiful. would also look great wih tan interior
Old 07-06-2005 | 10:13 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Doug congratulations on your first Porsche. Color looks sharp. You'll love the tiptronic. I have one also. At first I didn't know if I made the right decision. But after driving it for a month I absolutely love the fact that I don't have to worry about a clutch. The computerized mapping of the tip transmission is tremendous. While in "M" mode, it will sample your driving characteristics, memorize this pattern and shift at the same gear points when you move into "D" mode. An absolutely fantastic machine. One last note that I love about the Tiptronic, is that whether you're in "D" or "M" mode when coming to a stop the computer will automatically shift to 2nd gear for you even if you don't down shift yourself. In this manner you are all set to accelerate from the stop position without engaging the gear yourself. Enjoy and report back with additional pics.

Jay
Old 07-07-2005 | 02:16 AM
npp
Advanced

Doug -- nice color combo -- beautiful selection --- needs clear side markers though .... cheap over the internet and easy to install.
Jay (DJ23) -- you are the only one I've seen with atlas grey metallic ---- how do you like it?
I'm in AZ and would like to avoid black, and I really like the atlas --- are you satisfied with it or would you change it if you could? And I'm partial to stone grey interior currently, but wouldn't rule out charcoal ....
NPP

Quick Reply: Pics - My New Midnight Blue C2