Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Racing - Need shifting advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 03:23 PM
tarpon1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

while accompanying the mrs. to traffic court to settle her speeding ticket for doing just under 100mph (on a empty rural highway), we watched as the nice 24yr old girl whom we'd just been talking with in the hall, stepped up to the bench to meet her fate. she was clocked doing 110mph in the pretty little black Boxter S that was parked out front and that her daddy had probably given her as a present. she unfortunately had not worked out a settlement prior to arriving at court. result? loss of license for 7 mos., $1500 fine, (insurance spike obvious), and last but least after the judge had finished asking her if she'd ever been to jail: 90 days in jail! (the judge suspended 88 days but she went straight to the slammer). she imploded on the spot and didn't even have any family or friends there at the time. a very tough thing to witness but not as tough as peeling someone off a wall. we all have to make our own decisions; i for one just try to pick my spots. of course it's fun to open it up a little on the twisties or on a nice stretch of highway but i also make sure nobody else is around so that if i make a mistake the damage is limited to me. i also know that there is a point at which you transcend from ticket to time so you better be willing to pay the price if you hit triple digits. i've been to PDE and taken the first course which demonstrated how much there is to learn. it is also very humbling to sit in a performance car as a professional racer puts it through the paces while you're in the passenger seat. any moron can lean on the gas, there is no skill in that at all...true racing is clearly a skill which needs mastering but one which i'm also sure will redline your adrenaline thirst for real.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:56 PM
tarpon1
Instructor

based on your latest post i suppose this just became a hypothetical question ...sorry to hear about the bonehead who hit you...
Old 07-18-2005, 07:25 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

can this post go away now
Old 07-18-2005, 12:20 PM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

This was very funny..... Whoever the jackass was who asked and to the other jerkoff who ripped on Old P-car owners......

Buy a tiptronic so the car can think for you, just like the way you will go thru life, having others think for your little pea brains!!!

Great thread........

Quick Reply: Street Racing - Need shifting advice