Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos of 997 in Pure Orange, AMV8 and some other stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 07:54 AM
Ronnie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photos of 997 in Pure Orange, AMV8 and some other stuff...

I am wanting to post some more photos (hosted elsewhere) in this thread but it keeps telling me I have too many images.

[edit] Looks like we are limited to 15 pics, anyone know how to get round this?

anyway...

This weekend I was at a corporate jolly which tagged onto a car festival here in England.

Once my 'work' was finished I was able to have a good look around the event and I took some photos, which I hope are of interest to you rabble.

This was the Goodwood Festival of Speed event which I must say is rather good, I may well go again next year!!

Unlike other motor shows, here I got to feel the emotion and passion of motor sport - hearing, smelling, breathing in all the toxic fumes. There was also a very good mix of cars - new and old.

A big plus point was the personal and approachable, relaxed manner of all the test drivers who were all only too eager to share their thoughts on all motoring maters. It was also good to see that some of these test drivers included some active in F1 - David Couthard (close up looks like Paris Hilton but with short hair), Christian Klien (997 fan), Takuma Sato (another 997 fan), Jenson Button to name but a few.

Anyway enough ramble and some pics...

Porsche 997 Carrera S - Pure Orange exterior with Ocean Blue interior. Had PSE system installed which may result in yet more damage to my wallet.

From side / rear, you can really appreciate those painted black alloys

Porsche Carrera GT - man what a bark, got to be the best sounding engine of any current production car

Porsche 'Speedster' Replica

This is a production model Aston Martin V8 and even though I recently cancelled my order (I'm going to stick with my C2S for now) I have to say this thing is absolutely gorgeous. The engine just puurrrs, unless you make it growl.

Lovely interior with sumptuous leather and modern dash board. The car had 22 miles when the test driver picked her up on Friday and he'd managed to enjoy putting on a further 550 over 2 days.

Looks like they are trying for a proper drivers car though - no signs of flappy pladdle gears here

Just 2 seats though

BMW M6 - what a disappointment in terms of noise. Not F1 sounding V10 that magazines have been going on about at all. I've grown up a BMW fan since the days of Nelson Piquet and Brabham, but I must agree with many other BMW fans and that is the design of them at the moment is a load of crap.

From the disappointment of the new M6 to one of my all time favourites

Apologies for the amount of reflection here, but I was trying to get a good shot of the central seating arrangement

Last edited by Ronnie; 06-28-2005 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:15 AM
Adrian Fuller
Instructor

Wish I'd gone now !
Old 06-28-2005, 08:20 AM
jcf7
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Ronnie, I am in Knightsbridge today and as always I am amazed at the amount of great cars in such a small area. Walking around this morning I saw two 997s, a ferrari, an Aston, and a few other high end marques. Where do you guys get your money??
Old 06-28-2005, 09:28 AM
caf
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the great pictures.

I really like the orange 997, but I'm not sure I'd order it--might attract to much unwanted attention.

Comparing the rear end of the AMV8 and the M6 leads me to the inevitable conclusion that BMW has simply lost it in the styling department. The BMW is way, way, way outclassed.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:43 AM
jcf7
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

"...leads me to the inevitable conclusion that BMW has simply lost it in the styling department. The BMW is way, way, way outclassed."
Old 06-28-2005, 01:23 PM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the pics. Did anybody else notice that the Aston's tach wraps backward? Or is that just quirky Brit styling at work? Does it help whilst motoring on the left side of the road?
Brian
Old 06-28-2005, 03:34 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah, I was about to post that very remark, that the tach works counter-clockwise - how odd! For us Yanks anyway. It's like Alice stepping through the looking glass to see what the Brits see - it's all a mirror image of what we have!
Old 06-28-2005, 03:53 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll take the Orange
Old 06-28-2005, 05:18 PM
jackmicro@hotmail.com
8th Gear

Great Pictures, thanks
Old 06-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Ronnie
Instructor

Some more...

This was an interesting test mule / prototype for development work on a possible AMV8 convertible.

Don't like the rear though.

Up coming Jaguar XK (another reason why I cancelled my AMV8 order - too similar, and £30k cheaper). Very **** staff - no photos of inside they kept shouting!!! even though the interior was all hidden under blankets.

Here are some undisguised photos I found for a better impression

Ford GT - I guess American's can build something worthwhile ;-)

Speedo is offset off to the right, but the fuel guage is right in the middle which I guess is very important as it does about 4 miles to the gallon.

Can I hear thunder?? Nope, it's the Mercedes McLaren SLR. 500 per year being built here in England, with a production run of 7 years.

Old 06-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Ronnie
Instructor

This was a Maserati prototype that is built on the chassis of the current MC12

Some absolutely gorgeous vintage stuff as well.

The fumes from this old Alfa smelt amazing

Hope you chaps like them.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Porky
Instructor

Great Photo's!
Old 06-28-2005, 11:24 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 578 Likes on 265 Posts

Truly awesome pics! Thanks!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 12:27 AM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

WoW! Thanks for the pics...I love the black rims on the 997S!
Old 06-29-2005, 01:12 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet. I'm thinking I need black rims!

Actually, the AMV8 is looking pretty good, but whats up with the wierd sweep of the tach!

Quick Reply: Photos of 997 in Pure Orange, AMV8 and some other stuff...