Sponsored by:

Breaking News: July Build Waiters

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 04:55 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Breaking News: July Build Waiters

Called my dealer today after a lonely 30 days without touching base to say hello and grovel for information. He said my July build has not yet been assigned a production number or production date.

HOWEVER, he said he heard from his 'rep' that Porsche will NOT hold 2006 July builds 'in port' pending the formal release of 2006 model years. This is different from an actual Memorandum I saw with my own eyes on his computer screen in April that said the 2006 911's will not be released from port until mid to late September when Porsche introduces all of the new 2006 model cars across the product line.

I was told that the factory shuts down in July for 3 weeks and 'depending on when mine is built it is possible I will get a mid-August delivery. This 'implies' Porsche will begin building 2006 cars before the factory shut down and if you are a lucky July waiter maybe you will ge a car in August!!

-adam
Old 06-13-2005, 05:16 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Well Adam, being an attorney, you shouldn't rely on "hearsay" information.
I'd wait until I saw it in writing like the previous notice you saw, or at least get it confirmed from at least another source if not two.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:28 PM
vtach88
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did your dealer mention pricing for 2006 yet?
Old 06-13-2005, 05:43 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OCBen, Ill rely on hearsay, double hearsay, inferences, assumptions, addendums, declarations, or anything else to get information!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe someone on the Board can verify the info. I can't believe your ride will be in next week!!!

vtach88, he said likely a couple percentage points increase but elsewhere on this Board or on the other Boards I already heard 2% was the increase. Nothing set in stone yet.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:10 PM
MMD
Banned

Sounds about right. It's what I heard months ago when I ordered the car, "July-build, late Aug or early Sept delivery."

A few days ago my dealer said it's very doubtful that Porsche would hold 06 cars up if they're ready to ship. He said it dealers are crying for cars; it would **** everybody off AND Porsche's cash flow get's pinched however slightly.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:22 PM
alin330
Instructor

Adam
I order my July build 997S back in April and was told I have production number already (and should soon get production date). I’m not sure how early you order your July build car but I think you will get production number soon.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:22 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by 1080iAddict
...I can't believe your ride will be in next week!!!
Yeah, I know. I can't believe it either. Wow, the time really did fly!

I just ordered my dust cover today, should be in by the time the car actually gets here. My Makita 9227 rotary polisher is due in tomorrow. I'll order more MF towels tomorrow. I won't order Lo-Jack (see other thread). Hmmm, am I forgetting anything?

Gee, I've really enjoyed being a waiter. The tips I've gotten on this board have been invaluable. I think what made the time fly was just being resigned to being a "waiter" and going on with the rest of my life, learning along the way from others here, and doing my best to answer questions where I could.

You'll see, it won't be long for you either! I really do hope you get it in August and not in September or October!
Old 06-14-2005, 04:45 AM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by OCBen
Yeah, I know. I can't believe it either. Wow, the time really did fly!

I just ordered my dust cover today, should be in by the time the car actually gets here. My Makita 9227 rotary polisher is due in tomorrow. I'll order more MF towels tomorrow. I won't order Lo-Jack (see other thread). Hmmm, am I forgetting anything?
Sounds like a good thread idea. Lemme start another one

CONGRATU-FRICKIN-LATIONS!!!! Five days to Reality 997!
Old 06-14-2005, 09:54 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

"997S onboard the ship Pacific Breeze, due in the port of San Diego on the 19th of June. "

OCBen, how did you get the ship's name?
According to the dealer, my car hit water yesterday...
Also, how long from port to dealer to your garage would you estimate?
Old 06-14-2005, 11:09 AM
OCBen
Banned

1Gunner, believe it or not, it was MJones who first provided me with that information, although my sales rep had access to it as well. PM him and he'll look it up for you on this shipping schedule that PCNA publishes and he apparently has access to (unless of course he reads this and posts it here for you). It's all scheduled according to the ONVESL date. Since only one ship can leave on any particular date it's easy to find out which ship your car is on. You'll also need to know at which port the ship will be arriving for an Ontario delivery.

Once the Pacific Breeze unloads at the Port of San Diego the car will have to be cleared by customs officials, then checked over by PCNA to make sure the car came with the options ordered, then the "sticker" will be generated, and then finally the car will be loaded onto a covered carrier for the 2hr trip up to Circle Porsche of Long Beach. Once it arrives at the dealership they will of course have to prep it before I can pick it up. I was told it will take about 4 or 5 days for all that after the ship hits port. The drive from the dealership to my home is only about 20 minutes.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:19 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

OCBen, thanks for the info!
My car went ONVESL Monday June 13(according to my dealer), Canadian port of arrival is Halifax NS. Used to be all cars would arrive at designated US ports and then have to contend with US/Cdn customs making delivery very unpredictable, especially post 9/11. Given Cdn volumes, Porsche now ship all Cdn cars to Halifax on the east coast and ground transport them across continent.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Vampire
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts

I had ordered an ’05 model at the end of Sept 2004. It took so long to get they changed it to an ’06 model. It was supposed to be delivered in early August, but the dealer informed me today that Porsche is holding all 2006 models for a release date of Sept 15, 2005. It will have to sit at the docks, while I am going nuts.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Lemur
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Bramann in West Palm Beach, FL, tells me that my July 18 build 997 S will definitely not be held at the port and that I might have the car in late August ! ...' still plenty of time to go nuts I'd say !!!

DAB.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:13 PM
merbesfield
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts

My dealer also has said that my July build car will be delivered upon its completion. no mention of holds.

Quick Reply: Breaking News: July Build Waiters