Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 vs suzuki gsxr 1000

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 11:19 AM
GT3BB
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The street racers are really running out of arguments.

Lets me see if I have this straight.

*Carbs make you fat-Therefore street racing is ok.
*Second hand smoke causes cancer-Therefore street racing is ok.
*Everyone speeds-Therefore street racing is ok.

I suppose if you drink enough water you would also die.

Come on guys you cant have fired your best shot. You clowns are now attempting to minimize the seriousness of street racing by linking it with masturbation. You guys should practice more of the latter and less of the former, the streets would be a whole lot safer, and you street racers could get group rates at Lens Crafters.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Kaz
Three Wheelin'

GT3BB, there isn't anything more to say. No one denies the dangers of street racing it's just that everyone else who has posted can admit and accept the risks of their behaviour while you, a hypocrite should've never opened his mouth in the first place.

If you were so safe and careful you wouldn't have those points on your license.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:05 PM
JAMES J
Instructor

KAZ.....We all have a fierce nature......Ego is the common denominator....this thread is like Street Racing....it won't end till one has the last word. We all know that GBT3BB has street raced before and will do it again...even if it's a little old lady on a Honda 90. He like's to Argue for argument sake.....loving to stir the Pot.....guess what... he will Win this one....by having the Last Post....his ego
demand's it .
Keep the Rubber Side Down.....
Old 04-26-2005, 07:17 PM
MoneyBiz
Racer

Originally Posted by Paizan
What if Moneybiz? Am I now responsible for the other driver racing me? I line up quite often. In fact, I look for it most of the time. I bought my ride to ride it. I don't drag race through stop signs and I know how to handle a vehicle. If the other guy doesn't, it's really not my problem.

Yeah yeah, he could kill me, he could kill someone I know and so can drunk drivers.

I take great care when I ride or drive, to do what I can when I can and I also look for other nuts around me.

You have all seen Scariest Police chases I am sure. That could blow through any intersection in town at any time of day and kill you. So the point is look where you are going, and look whats coming at you.

I bought a CBR1000rr to haul ***. Not to ride 35mph. In fact, the other night I raced my buddy on his Aprillia 1000 and we were up to about 120mph in about 5 seconds in a 35mph zone.

We let off and stoppped at a stop sign and gunned it again. I happened to look over and see 2 motorcycle cops on the side of the road. I let off and he kept going. He got pulled over and the cops said they saw us coming. Saw us doing 120 in a 35. He told them he just got on it for a sec and let off and they said they saw it all and let him go.

RR
This same buddy has a Porsche. We have raced on the highway and we were about even to 150 and I was at about 3/4 throttle. That's a fast freakin car but no match for my bike. Even when starting at 80.

I have also destroyed a Viper from 75 to 125. He even had some stupid plate that said ..gtbstd.. with a loud exhaust. I started behind him. My bike is bone stock. The only reason I let off at 125 is because he was so far behind me, the race was over.

Just watch that video and look at the speedometer.
I drive crazy too but on that road I hit a pothole so bad it made my side airbag come out.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:13 PM
Paizan
6th Gear

Yeah, that dude is nuts, not to mention up on charges for a motorcycle theft ring facing 6-25 years in a 13-16 suspect arrest after a multi-state sting operation involving the sale of stolen motorcycle engines for race cars in Cali and chopping the rest for sale on various web sites.

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/viewtop...da1000rrstunna

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/dcpi/pr-2005-001.html

The guy on the bike I am told is Chris Demetrolus.

One of the ringleaders was a FDNY hero. lol.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/wab...yclering.html#
Old 04-26-2005, 11:15 PM
Speed 997
7th Gear

Well said James J.

Race on!
Old 04-27-2005, 11:54 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts

Was in a street race last Monday. 26.2 miles from Hopkinton to Boston in a little over 3 hours. Oh, sorry, I thought this was the runnlist forum.

Quick Reply: 997 vs suzuki gsxr 1000