GT3BB
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's the name of that tune.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:34 PM
fast lane
Racer

To all the people that are preaching about road racing and how dangerous and illegal it is. Should think about their own driving, and the times they were speeding or maybe passed a car in a dangerous situation or went around a blind curve too fast. I'm sure you can think of many times when you did something that was a little dangerous to yourself or others. Road racing is dangerous, but so is speeding, and I think it's hypocritical to tell someone how stupid and dangerous road racing is, unless you obey all the traffic laws yourself. I did race, and I agree it wasn't safe or smart. And neither is speeding, it might not be as dangerous as racing but it's still dangerous, and that seems to be considered to be alright. I don't understand why people get so upset when they here about a road race. Some of the strong reactions I've seen on this thread I would expect on a mini-van board. Unless you drive a school bus I don't think you should be preaching about the dangers of driving fast.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Kaz
Three Wheelin'

Fastlane, you just have to let it go. The preachers here are no better than the soccer moms with those stupid "Baby on Board" stickers all the while tailgating and speeding their way around the planet.

You saw a bike, you raced a bike and are aware that anything under the sun could happen while doing so. As it was it was pretty uneventful. End of story.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Carlos from Spain
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Kaz
Fastlane, you just have to let it go. The preachers here are no better than the soccer moms with those stupid "Baby on Board" stickers all the while tailgating and speeding their way around the planet.

You saw a bike, you raced a bike and are aware that anything under the sun could happen while doing so. As it was it was pretty uneventful. End of story.
Amen.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:31 PM
GT3BB
Racer

"Amen."

How appropriate, that is usually the last word the street racers family will hear at the grave site.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:54 PM
Kaz
Three Wheelin'

GT3BB, "Amen" is also the last thing that not a few families of racers have heard throughout automotive history. Whether by street race or as in the Ferrari family not too recently, getting a ride as co pilot around a track and having the 360 go up in flames. It happens. If you get up out of bed in the morning you incur risk. Some of it self inflicted, much of it inflicted by others.

GT3BB, give that candy a$$ of yours a rest. Sell your car while you're at it. It is of little use to you.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:59 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I always drive fast in order to reduce the possibility of being rearended.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:59 PM
Kaz
Three Wheelin'

Oh my my my....I do stand corrected on saying you should sell your car. I should have known. Look at this post from Mr. Candy A$$ himself. Invited on a drive by someone else and he has to watch his speed because well.....you can read the rest yourself below.

Reminds me of people who think everyone else is out of control because THEY are never in control. So whatever self help group they subscribe to will be good for you because it's really helping them out in their own wreck of a life. GT3BB....SAVE IT!

Old 03-06-2005, 06:30 PM #2
GT3BB

Weekends are bad but if you are available on a Tuesday or Thursday afternoon sometime, I am game.

BTW I gotta kinda watch the speed, my points have another year before they drop off.

John (2005 GT# black) Stockton
Old 04-23-2005, 07:19 PM
fast lane
Racer

gt3bb how did you manage to get points on your liscense? I hope it wasn't a speeding ticket. Speeding is DANGEROUS, you could kill someone!!!
Old 04-23-2005, 11:10 PM
JAMES J
Instructor

WHEWWWww..WHAT A THREAD!!!!!.....GASP,CHOKE,WHEEZZZ.........What a way to spend an afternoon! Well ALL you guy's have a bit of truth.....and I fit in ALL categories. It is a paradox we all have car's capable of at least 150mph......and the speed limit ISsssss....yeh...right.
1955.. had a 1954 Jaguar XKmod roadster with clear skies and open road's. Being 20 yr's.old I did speed...going into death valley at 137mph.....Twentynine Palms...120mph....Las Vegas....wideopen!
99% 0f the time not racing anybody...Any car or bike I have had..the urge was alway's there...how fast will it really go.1957... From Fort Ord Ca.(where Laguna Seca is) to San Fernando Ca. in a 1957 Karmann Ghia (36HP) 3HR.40MIN.was all it took...holiday weekend no traffic.That time period made it possible to do that kind of driving. Most street car's and bike's did not have the awesome hp or speed but you could still be hurt. for two year's every weekend I would come down to L.A.from Salinas and pass the spot where James Dean was killed.why didn't he blink his light's?...maybe the other driver would have noticed and not turned in front of him.
Today....wow....car's are doing 90mph and tail gating all in one....had a women on the cell phone driving a navigator wanted my space...close call!...she never looked. on and on it go's..enough.
Back to the beginning.....997 vs GSXR 1000....Saturday@Sunrise on the Ridge route (I-5)cruising at 70mph on my GSX 1300R sixth gear....here come's the only other vehicle going south a hot thunderbird
doing 100mph(approx.).then his front raises up so I Dumped into 2nd and cranked...3rd and cranked..
doing 140mph not redlined....hit 4th backed-off....was not a 997 but it would not matter..from 70 to 140 was very quick...no contest. By the way this bike has a chip will do around 200mph...but for me
it has to be closed circuit... I have decided you have to put the odd's in your favor.The GSXR 1000 Guy was playing...Dam it is fun but dangerous.
Be careful at any speed
Jim
Old 04-24-2005, 10:51 AM
GT3BB
Racer

Come on guys.

If the best argument you street racers can come up with is that because everyone speeds, it is no more or less dangerous than street racing. That is the kind of jailhouse logic criminals banter back and forth in prison all day long to attempt to minimize their crimes.

That is your best shot?
Old 04-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Speed 997
7th Gear

Exclamation

Hi my name is Jonas and I am a Street racer.

It's funny how most people think that they should be the judge on how much you should be able to break the law.

It happens all the time!!

You'll be driving down the freeway at say 85 mph and catch some one doing 80 mph in a 70 mph speed limit zone. 80 mph is as fast as this person thinks you should go so they try to block you from getting past. Once you finally get past they are all pissed off at you because they think you are going to fast. But the fact they are exceeding the speed limit is no big deal.

Then you get some other hypocrites that say street racing on a deserted freeway at 1:00AM is soo dangerous. They are probably the ones that try to block you in from passing. I would be willing to wager there are more accidents and deaths caused by jack a$$es blocking people on fairly busy roads than street racing. I can’t think of hearing one incident were a street racer caused an accident that an innocent victim was killed. Not saying that it hasn’t happened, but just don’t think happens verry often.

I Know I’m a safer driver while I am racing! Why you might ask? When I am driving with the flow of traffic I will place a phone call, make adjustment to my sound system, check out the teenage chicks in the car next too me, pick my nose, look at my hair in the mirror, have conversation with my passenger, etc…. When I am racing someone my full undivided attention is placed solely on driving and being aware of my surroundings, that’s it! I don’t want to die, kill someone, or end up in jail.

One last note, which is has more to do with the original topic. I own a 2004 Aprilia Mille (1000cc hi-performance street bike) and a 2005 Porsche Carrera. My street bike is substantially quicker than my Porsche in a straight line. No contest, but I would rather be going fast in the Porsche.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:40 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why don’t we give the server a break and stop this endless thread?
Street racers say if you don’t follow them you are a *****
Track rats think street racers are unskilled posers that can only go fast down the freeway.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:33 PM
JAMES J
Instructor

GTB3BBARRETA....Is right.... don't do the crime....... for me there is no argument..ANY law you break you have a penalty........GTB I will trade my C2 for your GT......would like to see how fast it really is......
chow.....
Old 04-25-2005, 12:07 AM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 997S4KEN
I can cook a rib-eye steak better than all you mo - fo's, you got a problem with that, step up to me with your best smoked grill and seasonings and by all of God's means I will show you the meaning of well done!!!
Hey pal. My Lynx 42 Inch Professional Series Gas Grill with extended depth grilling surface provides 855 sq. inches of primary grilling space and the internal halogen grill surface light makes grilling at night easy. My Red-brass grill burner deliver a total of 75,000 BTU's of intense and controllable heat. So put the petal to the metal and let the cook off begin.

-adam

Quick Reply: 997 vs suzuki gsxr 1000