Sponsored by:

Settings for PASM-PSM-Sports Chrono

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 05:59 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts
Lightbulb Settings for PASM-PSM-Sports Chrono

Since I have an April build for my 997 S Cab with Sports Chrono I have a few questions for those who have been able to drive their cars. One, what is the most comfortable setting to use for everyday driving; Sport button on or off, PASM Sport button on or off, or PSM on or off. Also if you have the Sport Chrono package and have an "S" version do you have two Sport buttons; one for the PASM, and one for the Sport Chrono? If there is only one button does it activate both settings? And last what settings do you use for the fastest and highest performance package? Is it better to have the PSM turned off sometimes, and if so, when? I hope these questions don't seem too trivial but for guys like us there isn't much left to do besides read your posts and wait.
Take Care and thanks for the advice.

Jay
April build
997 S Cabriolet
Atlas Metallic Grey
Sport Chrono
Nav
Power Seats, heated
Full leather, black
Bose System
Old 03-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ23
what is the most comfortable setting to use for everyday driving; Sport button on or off, PASM Sport button on or off, or PSM on or off. Also if you have the Sport Chrono package and have an "S" version do you have two Sport buttons; one for the PASM, and one for the Sport Chrono? If there is only one button does it activate both settings?
Jay - There are three buttons, one labeled "PSM", one "Sport", one "PASM" (has a picture of a shock absorber on it). The normal, most comfortable way to drive is with PSM ON (light is off), Sport OFF (light is off), PASM OFF (light is off). You can disable PSM but it will re-start automatically as soon as one of the front wheels enters ABS range if Sport mode is off or if BOTH front wheels enter ABS range if Sport mode is on. You can also run PASM on without Sport mode and Sport mode (I *think*) without PASM on so there are several different ways to go. Understand all that? It will be much easier when you have the manual (or you can borrow mine if you like).

Originally Posted by DJ23
And last what settings do you use for the fastest and highest performance package? Is it better to have the PSM turned off sometimes, and if so, when? I hope these questions don't seem too trivial but for guys like us there isn't much left to do besides read your posts and wait.
Take Care and thanks for the advice.
That would be Full Sport mode with both "Sport" and "PASM" on. Again, PSM is never really "off"..
Old 03-08-2005, 06:24 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

Go over to:
Renntech.org
and navigate yourself to Porsche Owners Manuals, the 997 Manual is available there.
Great late night reading
Old 03-08-2005, 09:20 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Thanks Gary and Mjones. I downloaded the manual and will start reading this before my car comes; all 282 pages.

Jay

Quick Reply: Settings for PASM-PSM-Sports Chrono