You may not even know this

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 07:06 AM
huskydog
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You may not even know this

My car is still at the dealer waiting on the NAV parts to come from Germany (so much for plug and play, more on that later), but one of the other reasons I took it in was, the memory seats did not work with the different keys. For those of you that are the only drivers of your car you may never have tested this option but for me at 6'6" and my wife at 5'2" this is a great option.

What is supposed to happen is after you program the different keys, when you unlock the door, depending on which key you use the seat/mirrors will automatically go to that position before you get in the car (of course you must have the memory seat option).

Well mine never worked. It turns out they had to get a regional technician in to look at the problem, and then he had to get a software upgrade from Germany to fix the problem. So you may want to check this out on your own car.

When I get the car back next week, I will post all the details of the seat fix, and the NAV parts.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:48 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I saw a dealer video that went into detail about the 997 and it showed a different way to program the key than was outlined in the Owners Manual.
The procedure shown is this:
Put your seats and mirrors where you want them.
With the ignition on..
Keep the "M" button on the door depressed and additionaly press the Key button 1 " ON THE KEY",
not the door button to program the key.
Try it
The old way may not work.

No warranty expressed or implied, your mileage may vary

Fact: Did you know that you can have up to 7 different keys programed.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Speed
Pro

Don't you also have to put the gear shift in reverse if you want the right side mirror to tilt down when you go in reverse?
Old 02-26-2005, 09:04 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed
Don't you also have to put the gear shift in reverse if you want the right side mirror to tilt down when you go in reverse?
Well no...
First you set the seat position.....done
After you do that....
With the ignition on, engage reverse gear, select the passenger side mirror switch, (mirror then swivels downwards) then set the passenger mirror to where you want it.
Then press the "M" button and press the KET button 1.

(Note:On the 996 you could not adjust the swivel down)
Old 02-27-2005, 02:19 PM
nicoff
Racer

As I recall, in the 996 you pressed the "M" and the "1" located on the door. The remote key did not have a "1" option.
I wonder if this change had something to do with huskydog's problems. After all, small changes like this may be missed particularly after having done it the old way for 996s for many years.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Ray G
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have had trouble setting mine too. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:36 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 575 Likes on 264 Posts

Don't forget if you set the key memory that you will need to erase it if you want to put new seat/mirror positions in. To erase the key memory per the manual, you press "M" twice followed by "1" once...hope this helps...
Old 07-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Oh Crap! Now my passenger mirror tilts down at reverse, but does not go back to "normal" adjustment.

I must have screwed this up. You're supposed to set the mirror to the position you want after it swivels down? My mirror stays down even going forward over 4MPH when it's supposed to move back up.

I know I know...

Is there a way to clear just the mirror settings and not the seat settings? I could not find anyway to clear just the mirror w/o loosing seat settings. I guess I'll have to clear it all, then reset the memory for Key1 just for seats.. again. DAMN IT!

Deanski

Quick Reply: You may not even know this