PCNA experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 05:52 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FL997
...However all I did was mention to my salesman that I was very dissapointed. A couple of months later I was at the dealer picking up a part and the manager came up to say hello so I explained the situation to him. He immediatly went into his office and gave me a name at PCNA and email address. He told me to send this guy an email and he was sure I'd get a response.
wow, if the mgr is andrew and/or your salesman is liberal with the truth vernon, i'm thrilled to hear they have changed!!
Old 03-22-2005, 05:52 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
IIRC, your Porsche warranty book has (on a per state basis) the procedure which is followed in such cases; basically entering into arbitration (the name and 800# is in there)
It is unclear to me whether or not by purchasing the car from Porsche if you are legally bound by this (who ever reads this stuff until it's too late?)
Old 03-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Small claims court here in Canada is similar but with a $10,000 limit (Ontario). Once you get the hang of filling out the documentation and preparing it in a sensible, professional manner it really isn't that big of a deal to go through with. I've gone a couple of times.

Supply lots of photos of your problem, other non-altered cars. . . estimates, bill of sale etc. and you should have no problem.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:23 AM
CO997
Racer

ben - I have to say I have only had positive experiences with Andrew, my sales guy was not Vernon. Their answer to just about everything has been yes or let me find out, and they have. Even since the purchase of the car they still come to me to say hello and ask how things are and if I need anything. Honestly I have nothing to complain about regarding my treatment at the dealership.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:28 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Gary any luck with your bumper? We have not heard anything from you since the last post above.
Just got back from a little getaway.. I am taking him to Small Claims court, gave them every opportunity to do the right thing. All I can say is stay away from Hoffman Dealerships in Connecticut, they are G-A-R-B-A-G-E...

Old 03-27-2005, 02:53 AM
RayGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experiences with PCNA has generally been positive. I think keeping your frustration level at a minimum is helpful in any problems you might share. I had many occasions where I could have gone to a higher level in the orgainization but gave the folks at the local level every chance to make things right, no yelling and threats, just expressed my concern and what my options could be if the situation was not resolved. They actually volunteered a new car if I so desired. In the end the problems were resolved and I was well compensated for my inconvience. I really couldn't have asked for a better resolution. I still get a phone call every so often from the local rep just to see if everything is OK. Bottom line, I'm happy and the car runs great.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:37 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Just got back from a little getaway.. I am taking him to Small Claims court, gave them every opportunity to do the right thing. All I can say is stay away from Hoffman Dealerships in Connecticut, they are G-A-R-B-A-G-E...

Is the 997 your first Porsche?
Old 03-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fill
Is the 997 your first Porsche?
Will a yes or no have any influence on my Small Claims case?
Old 03-28-2005, 09:57 AM
CO997
Racer

Gary sorry to hear about that. It's really sad that it's gotten to this point for you, especially since it was an obvious error with the dealer. Good luck in court, hope it all works out.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:58 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Gary sorry to hear about that. It's really sad that it's gotten to this point for you, especially since it was an obvious error with the dealer. Good luck in court, hope it all works out.
Filed the suit yesterday, won't be in court until September by the sound of it. Not a problem, just glad I had all the paperwork in order. I'm thinking next time I am going to get a list of dealers from PCA that they DO have some sort of say with and then shop from that list. The PCA rep made it clear that HOFFMAN PORSCHE was not one of their dealers when I contacted them. Funny thing is, in preperation of my lawsuit I found that they don't exist as a corporate entitiy and aren't even listed as a business in East Hartford, CT. Also found that they had let almost all of their dealerships corporations lapse in the state. Ended up suing the owner directly (after calling him to try one last time to resolve this and not even so much as a courtesy call back from him!).

Quick Reply: PCNA experience