Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

houston p-car dealers

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005 | 05:14 PM
doc j
Advanced

Default houston p-car dealers

i am new to the forum and really have learned a lot from y'all.
plan on buying a p-car (either used 996 tt or new 997 s) w/i the next 6 months.
will be moving to houston in july (from atlanta). i'll also be down there in late april to do apt-hunting and wanted to visit some p-car dealers and check out their inventory. can anyone suggest a good dealer in houston or the clear lake area?
thanks much.

-J
Old 03-29-2005 | 07:29 PM
PV
Pro

There are basically two dealers in the Houston area:

1. Advantage Porsche at the I-10 (west of the Beltway): ask for Brian.

2. Momentum Porsche at the 59 (just east of the Beltway).

They are less then 20 minutes apart and both have some options on the lots. Check their websites. I had better luck with he first one as I was looking for a particular color. The other one was not bad, but I don't have selling experience with them.

There are some other people selling used, but that is another story.
Old 03-29-2005 | 10:13 PM
doc j
Advanced

thanks much. will check them out in april.
Old 03-30-2005 | 12:38 AM
texas911
Race Car

Actually there is only one dealership in Houston, with two locations as they are owned by the same company. So basically you go to the one with a better facility/salespeople combo. They both have their pluses and minuses. If you're going to live in Clear Lake, go to Momentum, its a physically larger facility because its housed in a Jaguar/Volvo dealership. Its newer too. Advantage is an older facility and it shows, I was there a couple of weeks ago and the parts area was a total mess with a bunch of open boxes with brochures out in the open. Showroom looks a little run down as well. But, just go check them out when you get here. Just a bit of warning, they'll charge you for "dealer services" which is just a $500 surcharge they add to all the cars they sell. Its a total rip off but again, they are the only game in town.
Old 03-30-2005 | 12:08 PM
PV
Pro

Agree with this analyzis about the looks of the dealerships and ownership. I had more luck with finding the right car for me at the Advantage dealer. Brian did his best. Looked at options, etc. Momentum asked me to call them???

Advantage is Audi and Porsche and they are going to move to the other side of the I-10 into a new building.

Quick Reply: houston p-car dealers