Educate Me On Seats, Would Ya

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 01:13 PM
Rasta
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Educate Me On Seats, Would Ya

Fellas -

Looking to spec my Black / Black C2S. And while I have a handle on most of the options available, I must admit I'm utterly confused by seat optionality. Let me try to paraphrase my understanding - you guys tell me if I'm right.

My understanding is that there are currently four variants of seats:

(1) The standard seats (option AN) - cost $0
(2) The standard seats with Leather (option AR) - cost $1,520
(2) The Adaptive Sports Seats (option P01) - cost $3,055
(4) The Adaptive Sports Seats with Leather (option P01L) - cost $2,695

For options (1) and (2), I understand that you can get a Power Seat package, but not for options (3) and (4). Why? Do the ***' already have the Power Seat package built in?

Similarly, for options (1) and (2), I understand that you can get a Supple Leather Front and Rear, but that it "conflicts" with options (3) and (4). Why?

What about the Heated Front seat option? Can you specify that for all four options, or again, like the the Power Seat package, is it included if you buy the Adaptive Sports Seats?

Finally, why are the Adaptive Sports Seats with Leather ($2,695) LESS COSTLY than the basic Adaptive Sports Seats ($3,055)?? Is the Leather option an ADDED cost?

Somebody please help!!

Thx in advance.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

It's possible that the lower cost leather seats are the std. Sport Seats (which I have) in full leather, but not sure. You are missing the standard Sport Seats from your list though..
Old 02-16-2005, 01:33 PM
Rasta
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
It's possible that the lower cost leather seats are the std. Sport Seats (which I have) in full leather, but not sure. You are missing the standard Sport Seats from your list though..
Hmmm, so it would almost seem that I need to recut the selection of seats as follows Gary:

(1) The standard seats (option AN) - cost $0 | with Leather (option AR) - cost $1,520
(2) The Standard Sports Seats (option ?) - cost ?
(3) The Adaptive Sports Seats (option P01) - cost $3,055 | with Leather (option P01L) - cost $2,695

I wonder why the Standard Sports Seats aren't listed as an option on the Options Guide brochure for the C2S. Maybe I'm missing the designation, or maybe I have an older Options Guide?
Old 02-16-2005, 01:34 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You are pretty much on target with your observations.
For options (1) and (2), I understand that you can get a Power Seat package, but not for options (3) and (4). Why? Do the ***' already have the Power Seat package built in?
It is included
What about the Heated Front seat option? Can you specify that for all four options, or again, like the the Power Seat package, is it included if you buy the Adaptive Sports Seats?
It is an option on all seats
Similarly, for options (1) and (2), I understand that you can get a Supple Leather Front and Rear, but that it "conflicts" with options (3) and (4). Why?
Do you really want ruffeled leather on a sports seat? It's never been available.
Finally, why are the Adaptive Sports Seats with Leather ($2,695) LESS COSTLY than the basic Adaptive Sports Seats ($3,055)?? Is the Leather option an ADDED cost?
P01L Adaptive Sports Seats with Leather ($2,695) is with Full Leather interior

Hope this helps
Old 02-16-2005, 06:02 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Rasta
Hmmm, so it would almost seem that I need to recut the selection of seats as follows Gary:

(1) The standard seats (option AN) - cost $0 | with Leather (option AR) - cost $1,520
(2) The Standard Sports Seats (option ?) - cost ?
(3) The Adaptive Sports Seats (option P01) - cost $3,055 | with Leather (option P01L) - cost $2,695

I wonder why the Standard Sports Seats aren't listed as an option on the Options Guide brochure for the C2S. Maybe I'm missing the designation, or maybe I have an older Options Guide?
Not sure really. On my car's options sheet (997S) I have "Black Sports Seats" listed as N/C, Heated option is $480.00. Are these seats an option on the 997 or are they the same as the "Standard seats"? Mine are power backs with manual slide control. All I know is they fit my shape perfectly so I am quite pleased with them.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:49 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Orient Red's answers are correct. The price of ***'s is lower if you have the full leather option on the car, and they include the power seat option (which is about $1,500 if ordered alone) (so if you have full leather and you wanted power seats, then adaptives are really only about $1,100 extra). I have heated seats with my ***'s ($480 option). I wouldn't recommend supple leather - looks worse over time. The ***'s are definitely worth it in my book.

Quick Reply: Educate Me On Seats, Would Ya