Sponsored by:

ONVESL

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005 | 03:52 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default ONVESL

Got my ONVESL date today and it is today 1/26/05, but the newest shipping schedule has not been posted yet...so I don't have the ship name or ETA.
By my calculations the car should arrive in San Diego approx 2/14 and I should have the car around the 18th
Old 01-26-2005 | 04:10 PM
19_hole
Racer

What was your completion date?
Old 01-26-2005 | 04:18 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJones
Got my ONVESL date today and it is today 1/26/05, but the newest shipping schedule has not been posted yet...so I don't have the ship name or ETA.
By my calculations the car should arrive in San Diego approx 2/14 and I should have the car around the 18th
While you wait... a picture of "your" car!

Old 01-26-2005 | 05:27 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 19_hole
What was your completion date?
A week ago 1/19
Old 01-26-2005 | 06:48 PM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Gary, straighten out that license plate will ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2005 | 07:22 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Robert Santangelo
Gary, straighten out that license plate will ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hehe.. That picture was taken the day after I brought her home. Since then I remounted the plate braket (the dealer missed both mount holes and created his "own"). I also, admittedly with some anger involved, "placed" his advertisement in the garbage.

And yes, he is dealing with it as i'm not happy about the added holes, regardless of them being unseen.
Old 01-26-2005 | 07:25 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Thank God your not in the north east. You wouldn't be driving around too much. Can't wait to see your car. It would be something if you could get a picture of it coming off the boat. I've never seen that on any of the posts. Take care.
Jay.
Old 01-26-2005 | 08:53 PM
JasonF
Burning Brakes

Gary, your Guards Red S is so sharp, I'm really starting to miss my '95 C4...

Here's a pic of my old baby from a similar angle...
Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2005 | 08:56 PM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

I never did like it in Red until recently, now I think it looks very cool in Red....I wanted silver for ease of keeping it clean but decided to go black so it looked like a bad *** machine!

P.S.

Robert
Old 01-26-2005 | 10:04 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

ask your dealer for onvesl date, ill get you ship name...
Old 01-26-2005 | 10:07 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Alfie
ask your dealer for onvesl date, ill get you ship name...
Alfie, he posted 1/26/05 above.
Old 01-27-2005 | 03:40 AM
Richard in Colorado
Racer

Originally Posted by MJones
A week ago 1/19
The completion date of mine was 1/6. Our vehicles may be on the same vessel though I have not been told of an ONVESL status for my vehicle, as yet.
Old 01-27-2005 | 08:18 AM
VB997
Rennlist Member

Man the waiting is tough...I hope time fly’s by for you MJones!

Nice car Gary!

Ok, I got one for you guys...I have a great relationship with my dealer/salesperson. I have bought literally dozens of cars from these guys. This local dealership has multiple brands and I buy a lot of cars for my business (fleet=30) etc. Anyway, I was out tooling around in the 997 one Sat. a few months ago and I stopped by the dealership to pick something up. My sales guy is sitting at his desk building "spec" cars for his inventory and says "you've been around the 911 for a long time" what would you put on the car? Of course after owning three 911's I have an opinion, so I told him what I would like on the car. He says, "Better then the one you have?"...I said well, I kind of wish I had gotten a white one and after hearing about the sport chrono, blah blah blah...This went on for a while. Don't get me wrong I love the car I have but he was asking what I would do different so I told him...

My phone rings yesterday, and my sales guy is on the line and says "Your car will be here the second week of Feb" I said "excuse me?" He says "remember when we were talking and I was building cars? Well I built the car and put your name on it. If you want it yours, if not I'll sell it as inventory" Of course my first reply after Bull S*#T is I don't dislike my car enough to take a beating on a trade...He says no problem, I'll flip you a buyer, because I have more buyers then inventory and you work it out, then come and get the car.

I’ve been going back and forth on this one! I would consider it if the only net difference was the cost of the options on the other car, the taxes and small hit since it’s “used”. As many of you know I have put quite a bit of labor into my car and would have to reverse it because I would want my exhaust etc on the “new” car, which is nothing more then a Saturday afternoon but...more of a pain in the *** then anything.

Here is how they stack up…

My 997 is a Seal Grey base model. It has 19” wheels, xenon lights, sport suspension, sport shifter, stone grey interior, heated sport seats, etc. basically my car was ordered with most of the features that make up the “S” obviously less the 3.8 and brakes.

The other car is a White “S” with tan leather, sport chrono, sport shifter, Bose/Nav, white gauges, white console, heated adaptive sport seats and some other cool stuff.

I would definitely want to switch my wheels…even if they took my car in trade they would be ok with changing the wheels…The “S” wheels just don’t work for me.

Any way I didn’t want MJones to think he was the only one with Pcar anxiety...Probably not going to happen, but it makes for good banter…Stay tuned!
Attached Images  
Old 01-27-2005 | 10:34 AM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Do it.....I would not enjoy my car as much without the sport chrono mode.....

You only live once!
Old 01-27-2005 | 11:25 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

My 997 is a Seal Grey base model. It has 19” wheels..
VB -

In the picture, aren't those 18" C2 wheels? Anyway, since you will be negotiating with the new buyer why not find out what you mods are worth - installed - and see if it isn't worth your time NOT to remove the parts if he wants them? If he wants the 19" wheels (assuming the picture IS 18") that could be another added option to get even more for the car!
I say do it..

Last edited by Gary R.; 01-27-2005 at 12:38 PM.

Quick Reply: ONVESL