Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is adding sport-chrono after delivery an option?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 01:27 PM
tarpon1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is adding sport-chrono after delivery an option?

i bought my 997S in late sept when another buyer bailed and it became available. the dealer convinced me i would have waited until next year before seeing a car. it had everything i would have ordered except for the sport-chrono pkg but since i didn't plan on taking it to the track i didn't think it would matter. it was also before i read all the threads praising the sport package. i love the car and have a long way to go before i earn the right to be on a track but is this an option which can be added by the dealer or is it too late?
Old 11-22-2004, 01:32 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Factory option only
NO can do
Old 11-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Billy Bob Dibble
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes/No. I wouldn't worry to much.

1. The clock is ugly
2. They may have an option to do what the chrono package does with out the clock which would likely be easy to do after delivery.
3. If it REALLY bugs you you can/could use an after market ECU that does the same thing. (In fact in a few months I wouldn't be suprised if there is a chip that is advertised to do the same pedal maping as the chrono package)
Old 11-22-2004, 03:11 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't sweat it. What I'd like is the throttle remap only from the sport package. Don't want the clock (gimmick), don't want another setting on the suspension, don't need the lap computer features. I'm guessing that before you know it we will be able to buy the software updates. Then again, even with Sport Chrono, the car isn't any faster - so enjoy your car as it is.

As of today, my order will be:
Manual Trans.
Manual Sport Seats
No Sunroof

Trying to get as basic a "purist" car as possible. Then maybe a visit to a tuner (any opinions of Fabspeed) for a lightweight exhaust, intake adjustment, etc.

Quick Reply: is adding sport-chrono after delivery an option?