Sponsored by:

Porsche PCM

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 10:24 PM
Weissy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche PCM

I am a big fan of the idea of this PCM. I also ordered my car with the GPS package witch I will use frequently. As I await my car I have been reading the basic instruction manual for the car. My question is how easy is the PCM to use? The manual makes it seem quite difficult. Is this the type of thing that is easier once you are behind the wheel or is this a truly complicated piece of equipment that will take some time to learn how to use?
Old 11-21-2004, 11:50 PM
SoCal Alan
Advanced

Josh,
I spent a few minutes looking at the PCM manual but I ended up just playing with the thing until I got used to it. All you really have to know is there are two buttons that are mainly used to select most menu items with (the rotary **** and the 'back' button), in addition to the numeric keyboard for specifying the street address. The rotary **** is used to scroll through items and if you press down on it, it selects the highligted item. The 'back' button backs you out. Of course, there's a lot more functionality than that but you pretty much can get started without the manual. Also, you need to press the "map" button, once you've entered a destination.

My advice is to use the PCM Quick Reference Guide. It's fairly concise.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:17 PM
JasonF
Burning Brakes

Visit www.renntech.org You can download the PCM user's manual and read up before your car arrives....
Old 11-22-2004, 03:25 PM
Weissy
Instructor

I'm sorry I am not all that familur with that site. Is it the PCM2 file??

Quick Reply: Porsche PCM