Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valvetronic Designs 997.2 Full Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2024 | 08:21 PM
Jaded-911
AutoX

Default Valvetronic Designs 997.2 Full Exhaust

Just wondering if anyone has this exhaust, and can provide any feedback.

​​​​​​https://valvetronic.com/products/por...SABEgJHAvD_BwE

I recently bought this and have been slowly installing it onto my 2009 997.2 C2S and have run into a few problems.
My first impression was that the exhaust seems very well made, however I was a bit disappointed with the lack of included hardware included with the kit. I had to buy new exhaust manifold gaskets, new cat to exhaust gaskets, and new manifold bolts. As this only comes in the full exhaust setup, I expected the kit have all associated parts. I bought a new set of OEM exhaust manifold bolts, which I "think" should be fine, but am not sure as the new header manifold is quite a bit thicker than the stock one, which makes me wonder if they should have been longer.
I was glad to see that they included CAT to exhaust hardware, but on installation realized the bolts provided were to thick and would not fit inside the exhaust support bracket. A few trips to the hardware store getting the correct size and length bolts remedied this. The rest of the install when relatively easy, minus realizing that center X pipe needed to be fitted to one CAT pipe before installation.
Where i've become quite disappointed however, is the final installation. While attempting to install the side muffler heat shielding/bumper skeleton, i noticed the Vacuum Valves absolutely hit the heat shielding, preventing it from sitting correctly, which in turn make the Bumper support arm behind the rear tire hit the muffler.
I'm not quite sure what to do, or how to remedy this, as the exhaust came with absolutely no instructions or how-to. I attempted to reach out with a few questions I had, but Valvetronic has no phone number or email listed at all. I did reach our through their online website form, but received no response.
For 6k I expected better.
Anyone have any idea how to modify fitment? or have experience with this company?

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2024 | 08:56 AM
Jaded-911
AutoX

here are a few photos. I loosened things up and tried to push it over with no real luck. I also hammered some of the heat shielding flat/out but it still seems to touch. Not sure what to do about the Bumper Cover Braces...

Old 07-28-2024 | 09:23 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The heat shielding is pretty flimsy and easily moldable. Should be easy to create some clearance around the vacuum valve.

The tire hitting something is a bigger problem and from the pics can't really see where that's happening or what's going on.
Old 07-28-2024 | 10:05 AM
Jaded-911
AutoX

I have already hammered and molded more space on the heat shielding. The pics are after I attempted that. I could cut into one of the plastic pieces on the outside of the heat shielding, but really don't want to.

Nothing is hitting the tire. The metal bar seen in the pictures is the stock brace that is connected to the rear bumper and heat shielding/skeleton. It will not connect without hitting the new muffler. Not sure if that piece is really necessary, but its the point. Every other exhaust post i've seen has seemed to be a nice easy install... Just wondering if i'm doing something wrong here...
Old 07-28-2024 | 10:33 AM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jaded-911
Anyone have any idea how to modify fitment? or have experience with this company?
Have you called the company to discuss your installation, e.g fitment, source for proper length bolts and material, etc? What did they say?
Old 07-28-2024 | 10:33 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Bend the brace away from the muffler. The brace is needed to stabilize the bumper at high speed when air goes in behind the wheel. Without it the bumper will flap.
​​​
Old 07-28-2024 | 10:35 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAVU
Have you called the company to discuss your installation, e.g fitment, source for proper length bolts and material, etc? What did they say?
His initial post says there's no number or email to contact them directly and they haven't responded to his website submission.
The following users liked this post:
CAVU (07-28-2024)
Old 07-28-2024 | 10:39 AM
Jaded-911
AutoX

Originally Posted by Petza914
His initial post says there's no number or email to contact them directly and they haven't responded to his website submission.
yea. Thats why i posted here to see if anyone had any experience, or ideas.
Old 07-28-2024 | 07:54 PM
CarreraAlex
Rennlist Member

Not trying to hate as I am ALL FOR doing your own thing, however i hadn’t heard of this company and for a full exhaust that is very far below market value. I did some digging, big in the BMW world but some speculation that it’s just upmarketted chinese/alibaba exhausts:

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...2066721&page=3

Not saying this is true, but given the price of competition I think what you’ve saved monetarily you’ve gained in a headache of an install and potentially a bad product.

Two honest options:

- Take it to a shop and have them reinstall from the ground up as well as fix any fitment issues

- return it and buy a well reviewed exhaust from a reputable shop.

I’d go with the latter.

You can see from Soul and FVD’s valved mufflers that they tuck the valve in between the pipes near the inlets and outlets - probably to get around this issue. John or Rhonda respectively could speak better to that.

I wouldn’t cheap out on an integral part on these cars. modding these cars is expensive because of the R&D that goes into making it work right and not failing after 1000 miles.

Old 07-28-2024 | 10:38 PM
jbkusa
Pro

Originally Posted by Petza914
Originally Posted by Jaded-911
yea. Thats why i posted here to see if anyone had any experience, or ideas.
You could reach out to one of their “verified dealers” and see if they could help.

Old 07-28-2024 | 10:44 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Most if not all of the Valvetronic designs exhausts come from Alibaba with their name on it and a few small tweaks. Doesn't surprise me that fitment doesn't work.
Old 07-29-2024 | 12:52 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I have a Fabspeed Valvetronic exhaust that they stopped making areound 2012 but here are pics to show you how everything is positioned, including the vacuum valves.

I trimmed the heat shielding because my rear bumper has vent slots in those areas and thought it would be cool to be able to see the valves work from outside the car, andnl it lets air through to cool the exhaust.

Old 07-29-2024 | 09:20 AM
Jaded-911
AutoX

That looks nice! I ended up just trimming some of the plastic pieces to make some more room, and kept all the heat shielding intact. once that was done, the bumper cover braces lined up. This doesn't feel/look like an alibaba thing. Anyway, got it all working. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Valvetronic Designs 997.2 Full Exhaust