Sponsored by:

RIP-OFF Report! EvoMotorsports/ Sam Stone

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2024, 03:46 PM
jfmartin25
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation RIP-OFF Report! EvoMotorsports/ Sam Stone

-Admin- please move to appropriate forum area, as I don't have access to Marketplace.

Folks, I thought EvoMotorsports was a stand-up, professional business / vendor, but apparently I was wrong - I've been RIPPED-OFF!
Early April 2024, I placed an order for the 997.1 Air Intake system on their website, paid with my credit card and assumed all was good in the world.
I did not receive any confirmation email or otherwise acknowledgment that my order had been placed, so after a few days I called.
Sam Stone answered (he is the ONLY employee), and stated that he has moved his entire operation to the Pacific Northwest - no longer in Phoenix, AZ.
He claimed that the previous manufacturer of the snorkel portion in the kit, has gone belly-up and he was using a new supplier who 3D prints the parts.
He then claimed that they were in the process of printing the snorkel piece for my kit, but that it would take a few days.
Two weeks went by, and no kit. I called, and spoke with him again, and this time he claimed that, since they were a new supplier, the 3D part wasn't 100% correct, and that they were printing a few more in attempt to make them 'correctly' for him. He asked for me to bear with him, and I did. Another week passed by and no kit.
I called again, and this time he said that he would be able to use a "used part" off a shop car they had, if I was willing to overlook some scratches in the plastic from where the clamps were installed. I agreed, and said "yes, please just ship me my kit!" Three days passed before he called me stating that the 'used' part wouldn't work because it was coming off a Turbo, and my car is a Carrera 3.6, but told me not to worry, he was going to check-in with his supplier on the following Friday and get back to me.
That was the last time I heard from Sam Stone. I've called his number 3 times since then, sent two emails and not had any response whatsoever.
He took my money, and vanished into the wind.
DO NOT PURCHASE from EvoMotorsports / Sam Stone!
The following users liked this post:
Recruiter_Bruno (05-30-2024)
Old 05-30-2024, 09:32 PM
Dragon997
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 66 Posts

Most credit cards have fraud protection. Since you paid by credit card make a fraud claim to the card company. They should refund the purchase price.
The following users liked this post:
jfmartin25 (05-31-2024)
Old 05-31-2024, 09:19 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Wow, they had always been great. I have their intake in my wife's C2S and their billet Diverter Valves in my Cayenne Turbo S. This is sad to hear, but thanks for the warning.

Just dispute the charge with your credit card company - you'll get the money back.
Old 05-31-2024, 09:47 AM
jfmartin25
Intermediate

Yeah, I am terribly disappointed, as I had plans to purchase quite a few more products from him - but he literally just went ghost.
Old 05-31-2024, 03:23 PM
X-PH.COM - MIKE
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 221 Likes on 195 Posts

you can easily dispute the charge and get your money back
Old 05-31-2024, 04:23 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,853 Likes on 2,874 Posts

Wonder if they moved to Seattle area? Or if that was a BS story as well?

Old 06-01-2024, 05:19 PM
Sylverlee
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by jfmartin25
-Admin- please move to appropriate forum area, as I don't have access to Marketplace.

Folks, I thought EvoMotorsports was a stand-up, professional business / vendor, but apparently I was wrong - I've been RIPPED-OFF!
Early April 2024, I placed an order for the 997.1 Air Intake system on their website, paid with my credit card and assumed all was good in the world.
I did not receive any confirmation email or otherwise acknowledgment that my order had been placed, so after a few days I called.
Sam Stone answered (he is the ONLY employee), and stated that he has moved his entire operation to the Pacific Northwest - no longer in Phoenix, AZ.
He claimed that the previous manufacturer of the snorkel portion in the kit, has gone belly-up and he was using a new supplier who 3D prints the parts.
He then claimed that they were in the process of printing the snorkel piece for my kit, but that it would take a few days.
Two weeks went by, and no kit. I called, and spoke with him again, and this time he claimed that, since they were a new supplier, the 3D part wasn't 100% correct, and that they were printing a few more in attempt to make them 'correctly' for him. He asked for me to bear with him, and I did. Another week passed by and no kit.
I called again, and this time he said that he would be able to use a "used part" off a shop car they had, if I was willing to overlook some scratches in the plastic from where the clamps were installed. I agreed, and said "yes, please just ship me my kit!" Three days passed before he called me stating that the 'used' part wouldn't work because it was coming off a Turbo, and my car is a Carrera 3.6, but told me not to worry, he was going to check-in with his supplier on the following Friday and get back to me.
That was the last time I heard from Sam Stone. I've called his number 3 times since then, sent two emails and not had any response whatsoever.
He took my money, and vanished into the wind.
DO NOT PURCHASE from EvoMotorsports / Sam Stone!
I have a barely used one for sale if you're interested. For a 997.1

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1385044
Old 06-03-2024, 02:49 PM
jfmartin25
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sylverlee
I have a barely used one for sale if you're interested. For a 997.1

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1385044
I am interested! As you may be aware however, I'm a little gun-shy at the moment, about purchasing things online - as even "Vendors" can try to rip-off customers.
What's the safest way to purchase something from someone online? eBay? Some form of Escrow payment? I don't know. Help me feel safe about this! LoL.
Old 06-03-2024, 03:10 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

I am interested! As you may be aware however, I'm a little gun-shy at the moment, about purchasing things online - as even "Vendors" can try to rip-off customers.
What's the safest way to purchase something from someone online? eBay? Some form of Escrow payment? I don't know. Help me feel safe about this! LoL.
Either PayPal as a Goods & Services payment (not friends & family one) or Venmo with the purchase protection slider enabled. With either of those you can contest the payment and get it refunded if the seller never ships you anything or the product isn't as represented.
Old 06-03-2024, 03:45 PM
Sylverlee
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 60 Posts

ill PM you.

Quick Reply: RIP-OFF Report! EvoMotorsports/ Sam Stone