Sponsored by:

Rear Spoiler does only activates manually, light doesn't come on

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 12:21 PM
ebingo
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Rear Spoiler does only activates manually, light doesn't come on

Hey guys, having a weird problem with my 2005 997.1 C2S, whereby the spoiler doesn't automatically raise and lower at higher speeds. To preface this, when i first got the car, i would get a rear spoiler failure warning whenever i got up to around 100km/h. After checking the connection at the rear, i discovered that the wires connecting to the spoiler had been disconnected and taped off (genius) probably due to a previous repaint and neglect to reconnect the wires. After reconnecting the wires, I could raise the spoiler manually by pressing the button, but the light never came on; as well as lower the spoiler with a long press. The rear spoiler failure warning never popped up ever since, but it doesn't automatically raise at speed. I tried swapping out the controller but to no avail. Could it have been coded to disable the auto raise function?
Old 05-03-2024, 08:09 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,345 Likes on 4,043 Posts

The spoiler should raise at 75 mph (often at an indicated 77 on the speedo) and retracts again at 40 mph. The fact that you got the error code when it was supposed to raise means that it hasn't been disabled or coded out using a Foxwell or Durametric, like if the PO had a fixed wing installed. But if not coded out I don't see why it wouldn't go up on its own. Now if you've pressed the spoiler button after starting the car you can override the automatic feature whwrenifnyiuboutnitnup, it will stay up all the time and if you put it down it will stay down all the time, but that should reset the next time you start the car. If you've manually put it up it won't automatically come down after the car is restarted until you exceed 75/77 mph and then slow down to below 40 mph again
The following users liked this post:
Hatzenbach (05-09-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 11:11 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 561 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by ebingo
Hey guys, having a weird problem with my 2005 997.1 C2S, whereby the spoiler doesn't automatically raise and lower at higher speeds. To preface this, when i first got the car, i would get a rear spoiler failure warning whenever i got up to around 100km/h. After checking the connection at the rear, i discovered that the wires connecting to the spoiler had been disconnected and taped off (genius) probably due to a previous repaint and neglect to reconnect the wires. After reconnecting the wires, I could raise the spoiler manually by pressing the button, but the light never came on; as well as lower the spoiler with a long press. The rear spoiler failure warning never popped up ever since, but it doesn't automatically raise at speed. I tried swapping out the controller but to no avail. Could it have been coded to disable the auto raise function?
use a foxwell530 / durametric pro and check the rear module coding settings - thats the only way to be sure.
Hatzenbach (05-09-2024)
Old 05-09-2024, 11:51 AM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 219 Posts

myw (05-10-2024)

Quick Reply: Rear Spoiler does only activates manually, light doesn't come on