Sponsored by:

TPM

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2024, 03:20 PM
jfort
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jfort
Is what I am putting my car. My friend/mechanic coded them and swears by them.

the new ones on the car were said to not require coding. They have never worked right. My mechanic swears by these. They require coding, which he did. I am taking to the Cooper Tire factory store here in Findlay where they have the best equipment. I will have them put on there.
Old 04-07-2024, 03:45 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 740 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by jfort

the new ones on the car were said to not require coding. They have never worked right. My mechanic swears by these. They require coding, which he did. I am taking to the Cooper Tire factory store here in Findlay where they have the best equipment. I will have them put on there.
Autel in a Chinese mass produced and very economical offering. They don't play nice with ANY auto manufacturer directly and are usually the last to get any new protocols to load into their scanners. They also make it so only Autel can be programmed by Autel. Bartec, Ateq etc are the industry leading scanners and they work directly with all the OE's. Huf/BHSens is the OE manufacturer of the TPMS for most Euro cars to include Porsche. For $119 a set for Huf you aren't going to get a set of Autel for much cheaper. Also Autel cannot be programmed for ANY RDE001 fitment and many others. Many people have had great luck with Autel, but many do not. Autel has become mass produced in the DIY world because they make a cheap scanner that many DIYers can afford. Just some boring information about TPMS and Autel.
Old 04-10-2024, 07:00 PM
jfort
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
Default two sizes of TPMS?

As I said above, I bought the Autel's and had them coded only to find out upon attempted installation that they are too big for the holes in the Forgeline wheels. Are there different sizes available to order?

the green one is what Forgeline provided with the wheels. the other is Autel.

big difference! the tire shop didn't have micrometer available. does one specify a shaft size when ordering?
Old 04-11-2024, 02:12 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,856 Likes on 2,876 Posts

Order Update - Poor customer service:

So I placed my order at TPMS Bargains on 4/6. When ordering, the order form includes year/Make/Model of car - This must be filled out or the order will not go thru.
I filled out the form correctly, paid and received back order confirmation showing my car as a 2009-2012 997.2?
I emailed the company asap before parts were shipped on 4/7 and explained their mistake that my car is a 2006 997 C4 as written on order form-----> No reply
I emailed them again 3 days ago - No reply.
So today found ph# and called. Recorded message guy who I assume owner is away and to call another pn#. That # answered by shipper who was totally unhelpful with attitude.
I called back the original ph# and left message.
Have not received them yet but they obviously will not work on my 997.1. Apparently they do not read their order forms prior to shipping.
PITA

Last edited by groovzilla; 04-11-2024 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-11-2024, 02:35 PM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla

So I placed my order at TPMS Bargains on 4/6. When ordering, the order form includes year/Make/Model of car - This must be filled out or the order will not go thru.
I filled out the form correctly, paid and received back order confirmation showing my car as a 2009-2012 997.2?
I emailed the company asap before parts were shipped on 4/7 and explained their mistake that my car is a 2006 997 C4 as written on order form-----> No reply
So today found ph# and called. Recorded message guy who I assume owner is away and to call another pn#. That # answered by shipper who was totally unhelpful with attitude.
Have not received them yet but they obviously will not work on my 997.1. Apparently they do not read their order forms prior to shipping.
PITA
Good intel, thanks for sharing. Sorry, groov, but it sure seems like you're not meant to play with TPMS.
Old 04-11-2024, 02:59 PM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla

PITA
I am so sorry for your poor experience and I'm specially remorseful because I recommended them. I sincerely hope that you can resolve your issue and get on with enjoying your car.
Old 04-11-2024, 03:09 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Astur
I am so sorry for your poor experience and I'm specially remorseful because I recommended them. I sincerely hope that you can resolve your issue and get on with enjoying your car.
UPDATE!!----> Good news!! Owner called me 5 min ago. He reprogrammed the TPM's to work with my 997.1! He sent me 2 emails which for some reason did not get to me.
Very nice guy named Todd is owner and had a long talk.
So all is good!! These TPM's are available for the 997.1 and I told him he needs to get that info on his website.

The following users liked this post:
Hootsama (04-11-2024)
Old 04-13-2024, 03:28 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

TPM's arrived yesterday - Bag is marked "06 Porsche 911" by owner who reprogrammed the later model 997.2 TPM's for my earlier 997.1.
Very impressed with the communication from owner calling me and then following up with an email.
Looking forward to gettting these installed!

Thanks again OP!

**Also owner mentioned on phone and also on yellow sticker on bag that the PCM reset/relearn is needed to reset the TPMS programming - Some owners have changed out/upgraded their original PCM and not sure if they can be programmed unless you re-install the original PCM unit?

Last edited by groovzilla; 04-13-2024 at 03:33 PM.

Quick Reply: TPM