Sponsored by:

Clydes leather conditioner for Sand Beige interior

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 10:41 AM
911desire
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Clydes leather conditioner for Sand Beige interior

My 2011 has the Sand Beige full leather interior. It could use some minor reconditioning to the seats. Has anyone with the sand beige interior used the Clydes Leather recoloring products to know which one of their colors (if any) matches the Sand Beige interior? I've also reached out to them to ask if they would know too. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2024, 10:52 AM
ronvanr
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

follwing
Old 03-25-2024, 10:57 AM
leeked
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm not familiar with Clydes, someone here recommended ColourLock when I needed to repair and redye some bolster wear on my sand beige seats and it was an excellent match. This is the product I used: https://www.colourlock.co.uk/Porsche...006-en-PO-049/
Old 03-25-2024, 11:04 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,536 Likes on 925 Posts

2009 C2S 196K miles

I used Magic Mender for my natural leather color and am happy. The kit comes with a bunch of tools etc., but I just use the dye. The match was very good. The trick is apply it very very lightly and bring up the color. I used it on bolster wear and it improved the situation nicely... not perfect but much better. To do a perfect repair, I think you need to sand it, do some gyrations... in other words, you need to be a leather repair technician. But for improvement, this stuff works.

https://www.leatherrepairkits.com/

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)
Old 03-25-2024, 12:14 PM
911desire
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you leeked and Bruce for the information. I've used clydes before on an old, worn, leather lounge chair in my living room and the results were amazing! I've seen some youtubers using their product on automotive applications with really good results.
Clydes requested I take a picture of my interior and they can (hopefully) provide me with a suggestion to match. I'll provide an update when available.
In the interim, hopefully someone else will chime in with their experiences.
Old 03-25-2024, 12:34 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911desire
Thank you leeked and Bruce for the information. I've used clydes before on an old, worn, leather lounge chair in my living room and the results were amazing! I've seen some youtubers using their product on automotive applications with really good results.
Clydes requested I take a picture of my interior and they can (hopefully) provide me with a suggestion to match. I'll provide an update when available.
In the interim, hopefully someone else will chime in with their experiences.
Go with what you are comfortable with. When I was looking for dye, some companies wanted me to send them a cut of the leather so they could match it. This is probably the best way to get an accurate match given fading and variance from the factory. However, Magic mender had already addressed this with their color codes specific for my leather color and it was pretty accurate at least to my inexperienced eye. Accuracy is an odd thing with dye as it changes darkness/hue with amount you apply, an existing stain, sweat, how absorbent the leather is etc. or whatever factors I have no clue about.

Try this link .... may work... for Porsche Carrera colors they have formulated: https://www.leatherrepairkits.com/au...RRERA#projects

If I had a real issue, I would contact any car dealer and ask them for the name of the guy/gal that does their leather touch ups. All dealers use these folks... then pay the professional.

BTW, I am into photography and I am amazed at how inaccurate computer monitors are. I have a professional NEC monitor that I calibrate for color accuracy so I learned to be careful about judging based on your monitor... or camera.

Peace

Last edited by Bruce In Philly; 03-25-2024 at 12:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
downtroddengoat (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 09:58 AM
alfetta
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 78 Posts

@leeked, do you thing Colourlock will improve this seat? Not worried about perfect or the cracks, just a result not so ugly!
Attached Images  
Old 03-26-2024, 10:25 AM
leeked
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

That's considerably worse than the damage I was repairing, I'd reach out to them and see what they think. I sent them a picture of what I was starting with and someone from their home office in Germany reached out and was very helpful. Their email address is info@colourlock.com.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:41 AM
alfetta
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 78 Posts

Thanks, I sent them an email with pictures.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:48 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

In my limited experience, the first issue you face with that seat is dirt in those cracks and creases. I would clean that seat before I would apply any remedies. I would clean it with a solution of water and Dawn dish detergent... use a hard dry sponge, dip the corner into the water/soap, stretch the crack open with one hand and scrub with the other. Then let dry as moisture will make it look black. After that, I most likely would seek a professional to do the repairs.... or just replace the seats.

I learned that what I thought were cracks were actually creases filled with dirt.

Peace

Last edited by Bruce In Philly; 03-26-2024 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-26-2024, 11:51 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,855 Likes on 2,875 Posts

Lexol is one of the best conditioning products for all color leather.

But for your seats I'd highly recommend Urad -------> It is great color restorer/conditioner which I have used on my Porsche seats in the past.
They offer several different Tan & Brown colors as well as black.

https://www.urad.com/product/all-in-...am?countryid=1

I've recommended Urad to many RL members over the years. Stuff is amazing.

Last edited by groovzilla; 03-26-2024 at 11:53 AM.
The following users liked this post:
downtroddengoat (03-26-2024)

Quick Reply: Clydes leather conditioner for Sand Beige interior