Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 07:12 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 486 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
Do Fidelity warranties cover complete engine rebuilds??
Why do they have terrible Consumer Affairs 65% poor reviews?

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/auto.../fidelity.html

Yes they do.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 03-25-2024, 07:17 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by groovzilla
Fidelity Warranty's have huge number of consumer complaints. Why would anyone buy one??
Anyone here with actual experience dealing with them or trying to settle a claim?

https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/deerfield-...717/complaints

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/auto.../fidelity.html
Huge would be Endurance, https://www.bbb.org/us/il/northbrook...-0654-88077689

1,264 Complaints in the last 12 months vs Fidelity's 56. We sell that many Fidelity warranty contracts to Rennlist users in a bout 6 weeks...

I think you'd be better off reading the reviews in the Fidelity megathread.
The following users liked this post:
KingFizzy (03-25-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 07:17 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by cvalue13
I don’t know a shop, but I just priced out a new Fidelity warranty on a 997.2 CS Cab w 43k mi, and prices are bananas now

fwiw in your consideration of its value

below are $100 / $250 / $500 deductible pairs (2pg each)

$100:

$250:

$500

EDIT: I guess as a noob I’m not allowed legible quality .jpgs 🤣

Inflated numbers here. Not representative of the pricing we provide to Rennlist members for Fidleity Warranty coverage.

tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333.

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 03-25-2024 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:22 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by KingFizzy
Fidelity would likely provide the least expensive repair shops and not the best. I'm hoping there's someone out there that has had good experiences in getting both Fidelity to come through and getting solid work done. Goal is to make this 997 my forever car. Seller is from another area.
Take the vehicle to the Porsche dealer, Fidelity has no issues and I'm sure if you were to call the service department, they'd have nothing but positive things to say.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:24 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BillB128
Can you ask the seller what dealer he purchased the warranty through? It appears that Fidelity warranties can only be purchased through participating dealers and they would honor the plan/warranty.
The other option would be to reach out to Fidelity and get a list of participating dealers in the Dallas area and then poll the Rennlist membership for their thoughts on those shops.
... Just a couple of thoughts to try and answer your original question.

Hope this helps,
Bill
Not true, while yes you have to be a Fidelity retailer to provide Fidelity coverage, customers can use their Fidelity coverage at any OEM dealer or licensed independent in the US/Canada.

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 03-25-2024 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-25-2024, 10:42 PM
cvalue13
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Inflated numbers here. Not representative of the pricing we provide to Rennlist members for Fidleity Warranty coverage.

inflated by 2X, or?

ill reach out and take a crack

gold level, how does fidelity treat labor’s hourly rate?

because others I’ve looked at go like this:

(1) no matter what is their max labor rate, they reserve the right to say a given labor rate on a repair should be lower
(2) normal coverage max labor rate is $125/hr
(3) if you qualify, you can pay an additional monthly amount to bump the max labor rate to $250/hr

that, to me, appears to be the bulk of the ‘magic sprinkles’ in these contracts

Fidelity?
Old 03-25-2024, 10:59 PM
cvalue13
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com

inflated by 2X, or?

(1) no matter what is their max labor rate, they reserve the right to say a given labor rate on a repair should be lower
(3) if you qualify, you can pay an additional monthly amount to bump the max labor rate to $250/hr

Fidelity?
Old 03-26-2024, 12:23 AM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by cvalue13
inflated by 2X, or?

Fidelity?

Fidelity pays the posted dealer labor rate, nothing more, nothing less for all of their coverage tiers.
cvalue13 (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 03:01 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

I'm surprised you can get a quality warranty for a 14 year old car with 43k miles. The quote for $8966 for 36k miles over 3 years with a $500 deductible doesn't sound so bad to me if it's for a 997.2 with PDK especially if you plan to drive it 12k mi/yr. I wouldn't pay that much if it were a manual or if it's a weekend car. When thinking about warranty and insurance costs, it helps to take the perspective from the other side. My car insurance almost doubled for every car when my first kid got his license and went up amount another fifty percent when my daughter got her license. It still seemed like a bargain because there is no way I'd insure two teenage drivers for that little. Our insurance did eventually go down 20% about three years later.

I had a Fidelity warranty on a 2008 gwagon and I valued having the piece of mind of having a warranty for a vehicle I wasn't familiar with that had about 40k miles on it. After three years, I only had to use it when the sun roof mechanism broke. What I didn't like about it was I felt like you were still at the mercy of the Fidelity rep to decide on if they would cover the warranty. I'd have less anxiety with a factory CPO warranty. I got another Fidelity warranty on a 2015 Macon Turbo primarily because I was worried about the PDK failing. I loved the Macan but ended up trading it in for another car I always wanted. Cancelling the Fidelity warranty and getting the balance of the prorated amount of the warranty refunded was painless. One other thing I like about Fidelity besides their pretty solid reputation is I never see any Fidelity auto insurance advertising. CarShield is all always on the tv or radio. Fidelity's BBB rating isn't perfect but CarShield's rating is horrendous.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:51 AM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,010 Likes on 542 Posts

I sleep soundly at night without any coverage on my 997.2. They're pretty darn reliable. A PDK can be repaired for about $7k now and the only other expensive repair would probably be the HP fuel pump. I couldn't justify $9k for a warranty for that.

My 991 on the other hand is a different story. With a PDK, dynamic engine mounts and about 600 change over valves to go bad, the cost of a Fidelity with the low miles that were on it was a no brainer. I bought it when the car had less than 10,000 miles on it. Cheap insurance.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:10 AM
Spicybeetle
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg
I sleep soundly at night without any coverage on my 997.2. They're pretty darn reliable. A PDK can be repaired for about $7k now and the only other expensive repair would probably be the HP fuel pump. I couldn't justify $9k for a warranty for that.

My 991 on the other hand is a different story. With a PDK, dynamic engine mounts and about 600 change over valves to go bad, the cost of a Fidelity with the low miles that were on it was a no brainer. I bought it when the car had less than 10,000 miles on it. Cheap insurance.
where can you get a 997.2 PdK repaired for $7k?
Highline-Autos.com (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 10:58 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,010 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicybeetle
where can you get a 997.2 PdK repaired for $7k?

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...nsmission.html

Get ahold of @t-design They'll point you in the right direction.

Last edited by Prairiedawg; 03-26-2024 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-26-2024, 11:41 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,222 Likes on 1,174 Posts

I am thinking about buying a 997.2 that still has an active Fidelity warranty on it.

Hoping someone knows a good shop in Dallas area that accepts Fidelity warranties and does good work.

Thanks in advance.
not sure, the seller has some records on the car where fidelity picked all of an expensive repair. I'm ok with Fidelity just need to find a shop.
Lots of twists and turns on this thread. The OP isn't asking about pricing for a Fidelity warranty .... The OP is asking who in Dallas that does 997 repairs will accept Fidelity...

OP - I would ask the local Porsche dealerships. Prior to purchasing a Fidelity warranty for my 997, I confirmed with my local Porsche dealership that they would accept Fidelity. They obviously did accept Fidelity - and actually spoke highly about Fidelity.

Fidelity covers Porsche labor rates and Porsche replacement parts.

One more thing - OP, make sure that the current owner of the car transfers the warranty into your name. It has to be done within 30 days I believe. Otherwise - you're out of luck with it.

Last edited by Ironman88; 03-26-2024 at 11:43 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Ironman88:
cvalue13 (03-27-2024), Highline-Autos.com (03-27-2024), KingFizzy (03-27-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 04:54 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,028 Likes on 730 Posts

From what I've seen, most Rennlisters buy their Fidelity coverage from Michael Jourdan at Mossy Motors in New Orleans: mjourdan@mossymotors.com

Way cheaper than any other source myself and others here have found. Bought a 4 year gold policy (covers the PDK) for about $4,500 from him not long ago. Price goes up by a bunch for cars with 75,000 miles or higher. I'm at just over 72K miles. I got some pro-rated credit from a previous policy that was still active so I'm not sure exactly how much a 4 year gold policy would be if bought with no pro-rated credit. I want to say I had about $1,000 worth of pro-rated credit left on the previous policy.

My understanding is also that Fidelity won't sell coverage for cars older than 12 years so my deadline was end of 2023 and less than 75K miles.

Old 03-28-2024, 09:01 AM
rwbern
Rennlist Member

Received 876 Likes on 390 Posts

Sandwedge - I live uptown & visited Mossy when I was looking for a Platnium plan. I purchased with Trent Gibson at Highline for many reasons. I strongly recommend you contact him before you decide. I am sure you will be glad you did. Good luck.
The following 2 users liked this post by rwbern:
cvalue13 (03-28-2024), Highline-Autos.com (03-28-2024)

Quick Reply: Fidelity Platinum Warranty and Service in Dallas for 997