997.1 ENGINE SWAP Thread: K24!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2024, 06:32 PM
waterpanda
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
I say to each his own.
.....Being a purist is appreciating the sound/feel/design of the 911 engine from it's early years to current 997. ---->Porsche engine is unique in sound and torque/etc.which is something I like/admire.
Throwing a different engine in the back might be a fun for some but it devalues the car and just isn't what I would ever consider buying.
But who cares what anyone thinks as long as you don't mind a much smaller buyer market and lost money out the window when selling.
Don't get me wrong I'm not disagreeing - having any engine besides the OE engine wouldn't feel right to me either- just that some people are in this hobby as it's something they can enjoy while maintaining value financially, some people fully accept the ROI in joy itself and do not care about the financial aspects.

Not saying zero considerations are being taken into account, and yes everything costs money, consider that folks look at ownership of these cars very differently.
The following users liked this post:
groovzilla (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:10 PM
VGC
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
I say to each his own.
.....Being a purist is appreciating the sound/feel/design of the 911 engine from it's early years to current 997. ---->Porsche engine is unique in sound and torque/etc.which is something I like/admire.
Throwing a different engine in the back might be a fun for some but it devalues the car and just isn't what I would ever consider buying.
But who cares what anyone thinks as long as you don't mind a much smaller buyer market and lost money out the window when selling.
so without the Porsche motor, the car is worth nothing. It’s just that expensive to replace. And to us it’s not worth anything. It’s just a toy that we bought. As long as it runs, it’s fast, and handles great. That’s all that matter

Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM
VGC
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 23 Posts

So a few setbacks, but a lot of progress.

turns out the guy that I’m working on doing this with can’t program a Porsche to work with an aftermarket ECU. Contrary to my understanding, lol so I went elsewhere for the computer and harness, and things are slowly moving along again.

picked up a Motion Raceworks BOV, because only the best. lol. A PLM alloy crank pulley and getting everything slowly together now!
Old Today, 01:23 AM
Oilstain
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VGC
So a few setbacks, but a lot of progress.

turns out the guy that I’m working on doing this with can’t program a Porsche to work with an aftermarket ECU. Contrary to my understanding, lol so I went elsewhere for the computer and harness, and things are slowly moving along again.

picked up a Motion Raceworks BOV, because only the best. lol. A PLM alloy crank pulley and getting everything slowly together now!

Uh, the guy that put all the electronics together for Nick has already offered you his help. Talk to G0ingnowherefast already!

Quick Reply: 997.1 ENGINE SWAP Thread: K24!