Sponsored by:

Clearing Airbag Light codes

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2024, 06:53 PM
Jive-Bomber
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clearing Airbag Light codes

I picked up a 997.2 last year that had a front impact resulting in the drivers side airbag deploying. I've since swapped to a 991.2 steering wheel/ airbag. But the airbag light still goes on as soon as the key is inserted.

I ran the OBD codes with my iCarsoft POR V2.0 and it came back with 3 error codes I cannot clear:
1. AWS control unit, read out, fault memory
2. Communication PSM control unit (drive)
3. Drivers belt, tensioner, above upper limit

My questions are: Can the dealer recalibrate the AWS, or does it need to be replaced? Although the Drivers side seatbelt works and retracts fine, I'm wondering if I have to replace it based on message #3? Does this require a dealer visit, or can I 'code' a new seatbelt to the car? Would it be likely less expensive to go to a high quality independent Porsche repair shop for this one, rather than the dealer?
Thanks for any helpful advice!
Old 02-09-2024, 09:14 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,705 Likes on 4,262 Posts

You need a proper scan tool to clear airbag SRS faults, but the seatbelts have pyron pretensioners in them and at least that one has fired and isn't resettable - will need to be replaced and you may need to check all the other seatbelts too as I think they all fire at the same time whether the seat is occupied or not.

Quick Reply: Clearing Airbag Light codes