Deleted

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2024, 11:27 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,562 Likes on 940 Posts

Originally Posted by texass4
Like I said before. Poor guy let his emotions get in the way of the purchase decision. We’ve all been there before.

I’m no bore scoring expert but it seems that the tribe is fairly certain there’s evidence of genuine concern. hope he has a positive experience with his new car. If it does start to go south, well, carmax will buy it. They’ll buy anything.

good luck
They may, but I could never do that. I just could not be so dishonest to someone else like that. (Of course there are a few women in this world who would disagree with that.)

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)

Last edited by Bruce In Philly; 01-14-2024 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-14-2024, 12:01 PM
Aubergine 73
Banned

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by Aubergine 73; 01-14-2024 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-14-2024, 12:05 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,021 Likes on 546 Posts

LOL

"Is this bore scoring? "

"YES, DON'T BUY THE CAR!"

"Why would the collective mind respond like that? Its a nice color, geez"

Your money.

Old 01-14-2024, 12:13 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 715 Likes on 496 Posts

why are we harassing someone instead of helping them find solutions? do better.
Old 01-14-2024, 12:23 PM
silver_tt
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 190 Posts

We are trying to help this individual -- that is if they in fact want to be helped. It seem like they do since they came to RL making several posts. Having been in a very similar situation in the past, I don't find this situation or spreading false information very funny even in the slightest. Someone is going to get burned very badly on this car, that is a fact and it is only a matter of time if you saw the videos.

Here are my solutions:
1. If it is possible to still get out of this deal, exit it immediately. I would ask an attorney as well.
2. If the deal is done, get a used oil analysis to see how much wear metals you have. This will give you an indication of how far the scoring has progressed but at time ~8 seconds in the video for cylinder 6 I can see very bad visible scoring that appears to be deep into the progression.
3. Switch to Driven FR50 immediately and keep short OCIs.
The following users liked this post:
TerrestrialFlyte (01-14-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 12:43 PM
texass4
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Robb M.
why are we harassing someone instead of helping them find solutions? do better.
I think we genuinely were trying to help. And the OP did come here asking. Whether for real advice or simply to validate his purchase who knows, but he appears to be gone now anyway.

We could all be wrong and the car will be enjoyed without flaw for decades to come. Hope so.
Old 01-14-2024, 01:24 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,913 Likes on 2,903 Posts

I'm curious if a person called the Porsche Dealership, where the buyer purchased the car, and asked Dealership if they cover a complete engine rebuild when significant Bore Scoring is noted during Bore Scope Inspection for the $3600 warranty they sold the buyer??
If the answer is yes, Porsche 997 sellers could have their Bore Score 997's consigned at this Dealership and have confident easy sale happen.

Last edited by groovzilla; 01-14-2024 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-14-2024, 01:42 PM
jbkusa
Pro

Received 259 Likes on 162 Posts

I think he already bought the car and then did a bore scope after the fact and is now trying to convince himself it’s going to all workout.

I wish the OP didn’t runoff.
Old 01-14-2024, 01:57 PM
Red997C2S
Track Day

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

I didn't realize it was possible to delete all of your own posts a significant time (>24 hours) after posting. How odd.
Old 01-14-2024, 02:00 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,021 Likes on 546 Posts

If he did, I would insist the dealers warranty cover it then. Especially if they just sold it to him then. He was just asking about 2 different cars a couple of days ago. Must have settled on this one. Did the scope afterwards. If the dealer sold a warranty with it, I would insist they cover it or take the car back. Bad way to introduce yourself to a new Porsche. A shame he didn't take advice from those here. Everyone means well. Too bad he didn't take it that way.
Old 01-14-2024, 02:20 PM
ATX_Native
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg
If he did, I would insist the dealers warranty cover it then. Especially if they just sold it to him then. He was just asking about 2 different cars a couple of days ago. Must have settled on this one. Did the scope afterwards. If the dealer sold a warranty with it, I would insist they cover it or take the car back. Bad way to introduce yourself to a new Porsche. A shame he didn't take advice from those here. Everyone means well. Too bad he didn't take it that way.
The warranty would have been underwritten by a 3rd party.

If evidence exists of this they would absolutely see this as preexisting.

I don’t trust any aftermarket warranty to cover a $20k repair on something that will be a progressive issue.

They might roll the dice and force binding arbitration or litigation knowing they have deeper pockets than OP.

Also, now OP knows so he will need to/should disclose if he decides to sell.

I PPI’d two cars prior to finding mine, so glad I waited because the third one was the charm.
TerrestrialFlyte (01-14-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 02:25 PM
TerrestrialFlyte
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg
I followed all three of his threads starting with the 997 vs 996. At the end of that thread he linked to a new thread he started with the bore scoring pics and even acknowledged it as bore scoring. Then the overwhelming response was “walk away” obviously. At the end of that thread he said something to the effect of “I’m moving forward, I got a warranty for $3600. Please don’t continue to beat the dead horse.” Then he made a third thread stating, “I joined the 997 club” and mostly received congratulatory responses, as is standard. There were a few comments with regard to the scoring. I guess he wants to live in denial and removed himself from the forum. Hope it works out for him but from his first post it was evident he was being led by emotions. No judgement, we all do it at some point or another, but at some point reality sinks in. Maybe he’s trying to defer that as long as possible.
groovzilla (01-14-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 02:52 PM
festina-lente
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow, you can lead a horse to water...
Old 01-14-2024, 04:04 PM
KLS
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

Could he have deleted to destroy the evidence of his knowledge of the problem? That way if he sells it no one could throw this thread in his face.
Old 01-14-2024, 04:12 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,913 Likes on 2,903 Posts

Originally Posted by KLS
Could he have deleted to destroy the evidence of his knowledge of the problem? That way if he sells it no one could throw this thread in his face.
Obviously he did

Quick Reply: Deleted