Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stay away from LA Dismantlers used Porsche parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2023, 08:23 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,373 Likes on 1,243 Posts

My only experience in trying to deal with LA Dismantlers was not productive.

They had a part shown on their website that I was interested in. I phoned them directly in order to purchase it. That's when things got weird. They had to check to see if they really had the part. Long story short - they could never find it and they didn't have any record of having sold it.

Welllll..... Alrighty then.....

I checked their website two weeks later and the part was still shown as being available.

Old 12-27-2023, 08:28 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,966 Likes on 2,938 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironman88
My only experience in trying to deal with LA Dismantlers was not productive.
They had a part shown on their website that I was interested in. I phoned them directly in order to purchase it. That's when things got weird. They had to check to see if they really had the part. Long story short - they could never find it and they didn't have any record of having sold it.
Welllll..... Alrighty then.....
I checked their website two weeks later and the part was still shown as being available.
Typical customer draw. See this alot on a certain Porsche only Used car Website.
They list many Manual Transmission cars which they don't actually have in their showroom. All as a way to attract/get calls from potential customers.

Last edited by groovzilla; 12-27-2023 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-27-2023, 11:01 PM
Ob917
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
LOL

That's the owner of LAD!
no way! For real? I’m going to be a customer some day then for sure!
Old 12-27-2023, 11:03 PM
Ob917
Rennlist Member

Not many junk yards do returns, snd seven months later? You Gota be kidding
Old 12-28-2023, 12:03 AM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 303 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Ob917
Not many junk yards do returns, snd seven months later? You Gota be kidding
OP did not say 7 months. The other poster that said 7 months was in response to when their transaction occurred, not how long they kept the part and asked for a return.
The following users liked this post:
Ob917 (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 12:09 AM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

Received 261 Likes on 181 Posts

I inquired about some leather bits they had on eBay. It sure looked black in the photo, but I sent a message to confirm. They quickly responded the part was actually brown. I ordered another part from them, and it came very quickly, well packed and as described. They could do a better job on some of the descriptions, but no complaints here on their business.
The following 2 users liked this post by jayzbird:
laporsche (12-28-2023), myw (01-01-2024)
Old 12-28-2023, 04:51 AM
Ob917
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by workhurts
OP did not say 7 months. The other poster that said 7 months was in response to when their transaction occurred, not how long they kept the part and asked for a return.
oops my bad, I miss read
Old 12-28-2023, 07:28 AM
silver_tt
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts

On my C4S someone accidently put a golf club through the Alcantara headliner. I was about to just buy one for $3K from Porsche because it was the only option I could find but then a car came in and LA dismantlers had the exact one I wanted for $200 in like new condition. I asked all the questions ahead of time and ensured it was the correct part # for my VIN, color, etc. When it arrived it was exactly as described. I always use my credit card and if the seller misrepresents the item and won't take it back you can do a charge back, but you need to be sure it was misrepresented and not that you just didn't do your homework. Thank you for saving me almost $3K, LA Dismantlers.
The following 2 users liked this post by silver_tt:
laporsche (12-28-2023), myw (01-01-2024)
Old 12-28-2023, 11:06 AM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,373 Likes on 1,243 Posts

Originally Posted by silver_tt
On my C4S someone accidently put a golf club through the Alcantara headliner. I was about to just buy one for $3K from Porsche because it was the only option I could find but then a car came in and LA dismantlers had the exact one I wanted for $200 in like new condition. I asked all the questions ahead of time and ensured it was the correct part # for my VIN, color, etc. When it arrived it was exactly as described. I always use my credit card and if the seller misrepresents the item and won't take it back you can do a charge back, but you need to be sure it was misrepresented and not that you just didn't do your homework. Thank you for saving me almost $3K, LA Dismantlers.
I'm thinking that the price for used alcantara headliners at LA Dismantlers just went up...

Old 12-28-2023, 01:01 PM
swish77
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by laporsche
It’s sad when someone feels the need to damage a company’s reputation for their own mistake. He did not ask any questions prior to purchasing. We did not misrepresent the item nor did he complain about the quality or that it didn’t match what he purchased, just that he made a mistake and was extremely upset with his own error.
Why isn't your return policy listed on your website? It's a company's prerogative not to accept returns, but it should be prominently displayed, or at least displayed somewhere on the site. It's on your Ebay listings but not on your website, not that I could find anyway.
Old 12-28-2023, 02:21 PM
David Berry
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 72 Posts

You are correct. I should have done my due diligence. I had been shopping for leather console trim for some time, not finding what I wanted. All of the colors not fitting my sand beige color were around $150 in leather. So I decided to mix the sand beige color with some black accents. I found what I thought looked like black leather. The price was $140 for one side piece, way above the lowly vinyl trim pieces. I figured for such a high price, it must be leather, so I took a gamble and made the purchase. EVERY parts seller has accepted returns, so I figured I would be ok. Well…..
LA disappointment told me there would be absolutely NO return on this part. Gee, I wonder why? I quickly began to realize their character. I should have done some investigation of them. Google showed lawsuits, complaints and lots of bad press on them. They teach a good lesson, be aware of who you are dealing with. I admit they didn’t misrepresent the item , but to take the attitude they did is unacceptable. If I had simply asked here at rennlist, I would have avoided them like the plague or covid. Never again!

Last edited by David Berry; 12-28-2023 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-28-2023, 02:33 PM
David Berry
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Ob917
oops my bad, I miss read
The minute it arrived is when I asked for return with refund.
Old 12-28-2023, 02:33 PM
silver_tt
Rennlist Member

That is Sara Dakarmen and her husband, who started LA Dismantlers with her, tragically passed away a few years ago. They have children and I am sure she has suffered greatly. Don't be a dick and please don't try to run her business into the ground.

Last edited by silver_tt; 12-28-2023 at 02:57 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by silver_tt:
laporsche (12-28-2023), SpectreH (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 02:53 PM
silver_tt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groovzilla
Well she certainly gets around

**I would be careful what you say about people you know nothing about especially amongst the Porsche Community. It could be taken as slander libel (slander is a defamatory statement that is oral).
The following users liked this post:
laporsche (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 03:39 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,966 Likes on 2,938 Posts

Originally Posted by silver_tt
**I would be careful what you say about people you know nothing about especially amongst the Porsche Community. It could be taken as slander libel (slander is a defamatory statement that is oral).
silver_tt ---->Just because I schooled you in the Bore Scoring thread is no reason to get poopy pants.----> That's a Porsche 356 the owner of La Dismantler's is sitting in.
I've owned 6 356's, the comment is Porsche related and I think it's cool that she posed like that. A great photo.

If you read post #6, I commended La Dismantler's for what seems to be a positive change in their EBay Feedback from their previous poor reviews and poor customer service years ago.
So get up to speed dude. You're a couple of laps behind ...

Last edited by groovzilla; 12-28-2023 at 04:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Stay away from LA Dismantlers used Porsche parts