997.2 C2S rev hang issue.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2023, 04:12 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,705 Likes on 4,262 Posts

Originally Posted by Optionman1
Sport mode, at least with a PDK, must do something other than just adjust the throttle response because if you engage it while 100% off the throttle (coasting), the tach immediately jumps nonetheless.
Correct. Different story with sport and sport plus on a PDK car and I think even on a Tiptronic car. On a manual though, it's just throttle mapping.

You know, there may be another thing for you to look at. There is a clutch switch that retards the timing as the clutch is being released to help prevent people from stalling their cars. I do not like what it does to the engine so I bypassed mine by jumpering the two wires together. This is a different switch than the one that makes you push in the clutch to start the car and also disengages the cruise control, so bypassing does not creat any safety risk whatsoever.

On a .1 car, it can by bypassed with no error codes, but on a .2, it throws a code. It would still be an interesting test for you to remove that switch (just twist it 90 degrees), tape it closed with the button depressed and drive the car so it no longer works and thinks the clutch is always out, even when it's depressed. Ignore the CEL code and see what it feels like in both Normal & Sport mode.
Old 10-12-2023, 10:55 PM
AltitudeRacing
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Correct. Different story with sport and sport plus on a PDK car and I think even on a Tiptronic car. On a manual though, it's just throttle mapping.

You know, there may be another thing for you to look at. There is a clutch switch that retards the timing as the clutch is being released to help prevent people from stalling their cars. I do not like what it does to the engine so I bypassed mine by jumpering the two wires together. This is a different switch than the one that makes you push in the clutch to start the car and also disengages the cruise control, so bypassing does not creat any safety risk whatsoever.

On a .1 car, it can by bypassed with no error codes, but on a .2, it throws a code. It would still be an interesting test for you to remove that switch (just twist it 90 degrees), tape it closed with the button depressed and drive the car so it no longer works and thinks the clutch is always out, even when it's depressed. Ignore the CEL code and see what it feels like in both Normal & Sport mode.
Is there a way to bypass the switch on a .2 without throwing a code? Like just leaving the switch intact but moving it to the side and tying it up? I can probably program the error out but i gotta dig through the config options (annoying)

edit: more research shows putting the switch to the side shows the drive off assistant failure, anyone know where that setting is in the foxwell or durametric software?

Last edited by AltitudeRacing; 10-12-2023 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-12-2023, 10:58 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AltitudeRacing
Is there a way to bypass the switch on a .2 without throwing a code? Like just leaving the switch intact but moving it to the side and tying it up? I can probably program the error out but i gotta dig through the config options (annoying)
I think Bruce in Philly tried this and got the code with his .2
Old 10-12-2023, 11:01 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,643 Likes on 979 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
I think Bruce in Philly tried this and got the code with his .2
No go.... I have no idea...

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)
Old 10-12-2023, 11:09 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Here you go

https://www.planet-9.com/threads/clu....25405/page-14

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ngagement.html

Old 10-12-2023, 11:15 PM
AltitudeRacing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
No go.... I have no idea...

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)

I looked through everything, will definitely do this, replace my TB, have a sprint booster coming, and ill try to figure out the message disabling through the foxwell.
Ill post my findings when i do it.

I come from cable throttle race cars and this feels too assisted and I dont like it. I drive the car hard so i want the output to be exactly what I input.

Also thank you all for your time helping me try to figure this out

Last edited by AltitudeRacing; 10-12-2023 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:58 PM
AltitudeRacing
Rennlist Member

Ok, so TB didnt change anything really, old one was fine. I have an IPD plenum as well.
I did try in non sport mode and it almost eliminates that overrev, only happens in sport it seems. Fine with me, i dont need to use that function anyways. Ill reupdate with more findings. Did not try the clutch retard switch as im trying one thing at a time.

Last edited by AltitudeRacing; 10-16-2023 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-16-2023, 08:35 AM
AltitudeRacing
Rennlist Member

edit, so it happens in normal or sport mode.
Still cant figure it out.
Im doing a clutch/lwfw from sharwkerks soon so that might help, also waiting on the spring booster to deliver so i can test that.
Its still driving me nuts. I have to shift super slow at high rpm to keep the rpm from that little overrev.
Also, trying the clutch switch today as im also disabling the clutch start switch while im down there.

Ok: clutch retard switch didnt do it.
Working fine. I didnt get a code either.

Last edited by AltitudeRacing; 10-17-2023 at 12:32 AM.

Quick Reply: 997.2 C2S rev hang issue.