Sponsored by:

How to mount Porsche seat belt buckles on recaro cs

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2023, 06:05 AM
Lambo_guy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to mount Porsche seat belt buckles on recaro cs

I wanted to revisit my recaro cs installation, more specifically I wanted to use the Porsche anchoring bracket for bucket seats so I can use my OEM seat belt buckles.
This bracket has two holes but my Recaro CS (obviously) have 4 screw holes in the four corners.

I’m thinking of drilling another hole (yellow circle/arrow) in the seat rails and the recaro cs mounting metal frame so I can use both holes of the Porsche bracket.
Am I too paranoid for doing that? I’m just asking whether this is necessary since I’ve noticed that other cars (the older Toyota Corolla and some recaro s4 seats I have laying around) have just one bolt holding that bracket.

My installation is in this order:
BBi base bolted to the cars floor
BBi Seat rails
Seat belt bracket
Recaro Seat frame

Old 06-20-2023, 10:07 PM
rtl5009
Three Wheelin'

Received 679 Likes on 322 Posts

Sparco plates have mounts for the buckle- would not buy bbi for this application as they are designed for their basket with buckets.

Last edited by rtl5009; 06-20-2023 at 10:19 PM.
Old 06-20-2023, 10:08 PM
rtl5009
Three Wheelin'

A your installation order is wonky- the plates need to be on the seats/rails to bolt to car.
Old 06-20-2023, 10:11 PM
rtl5009
Three Wheelin'

Here

Old 06-20-2023, 10:13 PM
rtl5009
Three Wheelin'

You also need low profile ***** to fit in a 997
Old 06-21-2023, 01:04 PM
steveP911
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 230 Posts
Default BBi base

I have OMP seats mounted to BBi base and slider, and I used the BBi bracket to attach the inside (tunnel side) connection for the three point clip. This bracket goes between the base and the slider, so the other corners need spacers or the outside bracket (which I used for my six point lap belt connection). Do you have a racing harness, I assume? Not sure why you would be drilling into the seat, which seems the wrong approach. Hope that helps.
Old 06-28-2023, 10:48 PM
Lambo_guy
Track Day

Thank you all for your replies
Originally Posted by rtl5009
A your installation order is wonky- the plates need to be on the seats/rails to bolt to car.
I asked BBi and they said that, the installation is correct as far as the location of the bracket between the seat rail and the seat. I also added spacers that the other three corners so that the seat sits correctly.
You also need low profile ***** to fit in a 997
Indeed, I have already installed low profile ***** to be able to slide the seats further back!
Originally Posted by steveP911
I have OMP seats mounted to BBi base and slider, and I used the BBi bracket to attach the inside (tunnel side) connection for the three point clip. This bracket goes between the base and the slider, so the other corners need spacers or the outside bracket (which I used for my six point lap belt connection). Do you have a racing harness, I assume? Not sure why you would be drilling into the seat, which seems the wrong approach. Hope that helps.
I don’t have racing harness - these seats are bottom mounted - not from the side. I installed the bracket for the buckle (tunnel side) in one corner and spacers in the other three corners. Their bracket (as the Porsche bracket) has to two mounting holes - where did you fit the second bolt?

Old 06-28-2023, 11:00 PM
Lambo_guy
Track Day

Sparco plates have mounts for the buckle- would not buy bbi for this application as they are designed for their basket with buckets.
They do but I wanted to use the Porsche seat buckles instead of some other generic. I initially used the BBi side bracket with some audi buckles but I had to use a bolt and a nut to keep them together. Not the worse thing in the world but if you notice the Porsche bracket has a round threaded cylinder and in the event of a crash the forces exerted are applied to the cylinder instead of the the bolt.
Maybe a few photos could help you understand what I mean, first three photos are from the Porsche bracket and buckle with the threaded cylinder vs. last photos of me passing a bolt through a generic bracket (like the on sparco has on their base). In the second case all the forces are going through the bolt instead of the the larger diameter cylinder.
That said maybe getting the sparco bases isn’t a bad idea since at least anchoring point of the buckle is hard mounted on the base

Last edited by Lambo_guy; 06-28-2023 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-28-2023, 11:03 PM
Lambo_guy
Track Day

I did it because I wanted to be able to swap the seats out and install true buckets for track day events. Probably an illusion more than a reality.
Old 06-28-2023, 11:06 PM
Lambo_guy
Track Day

Here
Do you have any photos of the seat buckle? Did you just use a bolt and a nut on generic buckle or the OEM Porsche buckle?
Old 01-28-2024, 01:48 AM
dwonda
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Where do you see that Sparco plates have a mount for the receptacle.
Old 01-28-2024, 07:18 AM
Lambo_guy
Track Day

Originally Posted by dwonda
Where do you see that Sparco plates have a mount for the receptacle.
check them out here there is definitely a mount for the seat belt
https://www.ebay.com/itm/18472296771...mis&media=COPY
Old 01-28-2024, 12:40 PM
dwonda
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lambo_guy
check them out here there is definitely a mount for the seat belt
https://www.ebay.com/itm/18472296771...mis&media=COPY
oh you’re talking about the base, not the side plates.

Quick Reply: How to mount Porsche seat belt buckles on recaro cs