Sponsored by:

steering Column removal to get at the Immobilizer-2006 4S

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2023, 04:59 PM
markus7062
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default steering Column removal to get at the Immobilizer-2006 4S

I thought I had an ECU problem based on reoccurring electrical issues but after removing my ECU, Immobilizer and steering lock mechanism and having it tested at the ECU Doctor in Florida, everything was perfect. My problem is after reinstalling my Steering lock mechanism and then reinstalling the steering column, i noted the steering wheel is about 30 degrees off centre. My understanding is that when reinserting the steering column spine into the receiver that it only fits one way in as one of the spines is wider and therefore needs to be aligned for reinsertion? it was not easy but finally got bit in after a couple of hours. Did i screw up and now need to remove the steering column again and realign it to get my steering wheel to set up centered?..Or is there another way to re set the steering wheel to be centered?

BTW... great posting on how to remove your Immobilizer, steering lock...
https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...ca-racing.html

To complicate things, just after i reinserted the steering column (without wheels on the car so did not check steering wheel centering), i replaced tie rods, control arms and ball joints. I am pretty sure with all the measuring of the old tie rods and setting the exact same measurement on the new tie rods that i should be pretty close to my original setup...at least enough for me to get to the shop for the 4 wheel alignment. Is it possible that this is why my steering wheel is off center?

Thanks for any advice.,
Old 06-23-2023, 02:56 PM
markus7062
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Problem corrected during new 4 wheel alignment

Quick Reply: steering Column removal to get at the Immobilizer-2006 4S