Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC sport controller lust

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2023, 02:24 PM
Rig.Stunts
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 78 Posts

The DSC 'party trick' for a stock PASM car is the improvement in ride quality in low gForce situations.

Transformative.
Old 04-21-2023, 02:35 PM
roadie13
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 166 Posts

I like mine, but also don't notice it much on track; the main difference is that it allows driving through NYC and surrounding areas without losing your fillings. The car is also a lot more surefooted on uneven terrain under moderate load, think taking a dodgy on-ramp to freewa y with some speed and lateral load.

I looked at the DSC web page and the 3d accelerometer that is necessary for the 997.1 is on backorder, so that's a problem.
Old Today, 07:08 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,376 Likes on 629 Posts

The TPC DSC is, fro what I've read, a 4-channel controller (One per wheel) vice the 2-channel OEM PASM box. The architecture for 4-channel operation exists, but POrsche did not write code for it. It is also exponentially faster reacting- like 10X, maybe 100, cannot remember, but 10 X sounds more right.

My real world experience is transformative. It cures harmonic vibration- watch, or video, your side view mirror on a crappy road. There is a YouTube video out there showing a back to back OEM v DSC box on same car, same bumpy road. Visual evidence of greater compliance and less vibration. Not seat of pants, but with eyes.

I find that the rear, at or near a turn apex and under a good g-load,would bounce over an irregularity and upset rear grip. Not every curve, not every bump, but prevalently.
Wit the DSC, the rear end absorbs the bump(s) and the traction/side grip of the rear is not affected where the OEM is. I've done back-to-back experiments (so ealy to swap the box in the middle of a canyon session- try that with shocks, springs or other solid parts or GT3 bits!) I believe every 997 owner who experiences the rear step out mid corner can appreciate the advantage.
On a track, with super smooth tarmack- that benefit will be less or non-existent t most of us non-pros.

The DSC faster response time, even with OEM PASM shocks, reduces both accel squat and braking dive, and signals the shocks in SPORT (firm) mode reaching the max stiffness earlier in the G-curve than OEM.

There is a sh*t ton of threads/posts covering these things with Tom of TPC answering specific user questions on the thread.
Best bang for the buck suspension upgrade ever, price-wise and reversabiity.
The following users liked this post:
Ironman88 (Today)
Old Today, 08:14 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,318 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Liste-Renn
The TPC DSC is, fro what I've read, a 4-channel controller (One per wheel) vice the 2-channel OEM PASM box. The architecture for 4-channel operation exists, but POrsche did not write code for it. It is also exponentially faster reacting- like 10X, maybe 100, cannot remember, but 10 X sounds more right.

My real world experience is transformative. It cures harmonic vibration- watch, or video, your side view mirror on a crappy road. There is a YouTube video out there showing a back to back OEM v DSC box on same car, same bumpy road. Visual evidence of greater compliance and less vibration. Not seat of pants, but with eyes.

I find that the rear, at or near a turn apex and under a good g-load,would bounce over an irregularity and upset rear grip. Not every curve, not every bump, but prevalently.
Wit the DSC, the rear end absorbs the bump(s) and the traction/side grip of the rear is not affected where the OEM is. I've done back-to-back experiments (so ealy to swap the box in the middle of a canyon session- try that with shocks, springs or other solid parts or GT3 bits!) I believe every 997 owner who experiences the rear step out mid corner can appreciate the advantage.
On a track, with super smooth tarmack- that benefit will be less or non-existent t most of us non-pros.

The DSC faster response time, even with OEM PASM shocks, reduces both accel squat and braking dive, and signals the shocks in SPORT (firm) mode reaching the max stiffness earlier in the G-curve than OEM.

There is a sh*t ton of threads/posts covering these things with Tom of TPC answering specific user questions on the thread.
Best bang for the buck suspension upgrade ever, price-wise and reversabiity.
Your (excellent) description is reflective of my experience as well with the DSC controller. Absolutely transformative.

Quick Reply: DSC sport controller lust