Sponsored by:

997.2 4S Accident help

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2023, 08:44 PM
Dragon997
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 67 Posts

raviis,
Were you able to collect statements from witnesses to the collision? I ask because wife was hit by unlicensed “migrant” driver with no insurance, no car registration, and fake paper license tag (serious problem here in Texas) after he blew through a stop sign. Fortunately no injuries to her but my wallet took a hit from the deductible and excess cost of using factory parts on her Lexus. State trooper faulted both my wife and the migrant driver for failure to yield since there were no witnesses, even though it was obvious from the point of impact in the intersection he was at fault. Also had dash cam video showing she stopped for several seconds before proceeding into the intersection. Trooper said it was “inconclusive” without a witness.
Old 03-27-2023, 09:38 PM
raviis
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven’t been contacted by other drivers insurance and will refrain from any conversations with them directly as I would like to deal with mine in NJ.

thanks
Old 03-27-2023, 09:43 PM
raviis
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dragon997
raviis,
Were you able to collect statements from witnesses to the collision? I ask because wife was hit by unlicensed “migrant” driver with no insurance, no car registration, and fake paper license tag (serious problem here in Texas) after he blew through a stop sign. Fortunately no injuries to her but my wallet took a hit from the deductible and excess cost of using factory parts on her Lexus. State trooper faulted both my wife and the migrant driver for failure to yield since there were no witnesses, even though it was obvious from the point of impact in the intersection he was at fault. Also had dash cam video showing she stopped for several seconds before proceeding into the intersection. Trooper said it was “inconclusive” without a witness.
No, given it was a busy intersection, people didn’t stop, other than to check if all were ok.
Old 03-28-2023, 05:10 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Always go through your own insurance for repair and not the at fault party. That's going to be an expensive repair as every deployed airbag and every seatbelt will need to be replaced (even those not in use at the time) because of the pyro pre-tensioners in them. If they give you the option to total it out, take it and start over.
Absolutely on the repair which allows you to pick the shop doing the repair. I've just never heard of your own insurance company getting involved in diminished value claims. I've had two of them, both rear ends and had to slug it out with the driver at fault's insurer.

Again, not an easy or pleasant process but with some patience and the right tools in your negotiating toolbox it's worth the effort. At least it has been for me in two cases where both initially refused to even talk about it but ended up paying what the appraiser said I was owed thanks to a lot of undeniable data they accumulated.
Old 03-28-2023, 09:21 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,595 Likes on 4,193 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Absolutely on the repair which allows you to pick the shop doing the repair. I've just never heard of your own insurance company getting involved in diminished value claims. I've had two of them, both rear ends and had to slug it out with the driver at fault's insurer.

Again, not an easy or pleasant process but with some patience and the right tools in your negotiating toolbox it's worth the effort. At least it has been for me in two cases where both initially refused to even talk about it but ended up paying what the appraiser said I was owed thanks to a lot of undeniable data they accumulated.
Your correct in that most carriers won't do SV for their insureds - that has to be a separate claim with the other guys insurance. I don't worry about DV because I don't ever sell my cars. As long as they have Agreed Value on them where I'll get every $ they're worth back in a major accident, that's all I care about.
Old 03-28-2023, 09:40 PM
scottrx7tt1
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

If airbags are blown, it will most likely result in the car being totaled. Hopefully the property damage settlement is adequate.
Old 03-29-2023, 04:25 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Your correct in that most carriers won't do SV for their insureds - that has to be a separate claim with the other guys insurance. I don't worry about DV because I don't ever sell my cars. As long as they have Agreed Value on them where I'll get every $ they're worth back in a major accident, that's all I care about.
Understood. Still money in your pocket though instead of leaving it in the insurer's pocket.
Old 03-29-2023, 06:43 AM
raviis
Advanced

Update-
Spoke to Paul Miller Porsche, John from used car sales was kind enough to send me an appraisal via email after looking at pics of the car before accident along with VIN.

Bodymotion is also looking to provide me with details of the car value from their pricing source.

The initial assessment of my insurance is that it will be a total, although that is based on their standard formula, which looks at the age of car and mileage. Don’t know if it takes into account any other parameters.
Old 04-05-2023, 05:16 PM
raviis
Advanced

Update 2-
Still awaiting decision from Insurance on tix vs total. Expecting details this week.
Old 04-08-2023, 10:25 PM
Boardfeet
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

With the price of OEM parts and the amount of labor involved, I would say they will likely total that car. Hurts to look at the photos. Glad you and your son are ok.
Old 04-14-2023, 08:04 AM
raviis
Advanced

Update 3

thx. ​​​​@Boardfeet
Insurance has decided it is a total loss.
All-State valuation team is so bad that they can't tell the difference between a carfax type lookup where the title is salvage after the accident ( bcos they has de I ed to total) vs a standard title before.
Been a painful exercise dealing with insurance as the back office is not here in the US and individuals imvolved aren't trained appropriately.
Hopefully will have some resolution soon.

Thank you

Quick Reply: 997.2 4S Accident help