Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you could make one mod...?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2023, 09:42 AM
RobToTheT
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Gents. I'll look into DSC and the Sharkwerks, both of which were on my list as well (headers and intake were the others I had been looking into). If I had to say what I am hopeful to accomplish - I'd say to add a little more drama to the whole experience - and this combo gets at that for sure enhancing the driving experience and the sound. I'd like a little more pop and burble without having to take it to 6k.

I like the idea of lowering it, and that was suggested to me by my most knowledgeable friend as well, but I live in what seems like the speed bump capital of the world and I'm worried getting too much lower.

And I can already see how one mod is an easy path to three mods...!
Old 02-20-2023, 11:06 AM
ManoTexas
Three Wheelin'

Received 689 Likes on 415 Posts

As they said, DSC, worth every cent. But if you have xxxl hands like I do, enlist a kid or wife to do it. Or put towel on floor mat to soak up the blood streaming from your knuckles.
The following users liked this post:
RobToTheT (02-20-2023)
Old 02-20-2023, 10:56 PM
Kuhl997.2!
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 91 Posts

Petza914 I endorse your post, gotta have both. Didn’t all GTS come standard with a PSE? And, since the previous steward of your car switched out the amber turn signals, nothing else required.
Old 02-21-2023, 04:32 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,028 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuhl997.2!
Petza914 I endorse your post, gotta have both. Didn’t all GTS come standard with a PSE? And, since the previous steward of your car switched out the amber turn signals, nothing else required.
They did but they also came standard with a very restrictive (and heavy) center muffler which didn't do the PSE side mufflers justice IMO. Therefore the suggestions of various bypass options replacing the center muffler. A world of difference in exhaust note and a reduction in weight that can't be ignored thrown in as a bonus.
Old 02-21-2023, 04:53 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,342 Likes on 609 Posts

I’ve done a few mods to my GTS.

Here’s a rank order list that considers bang for buck, increased driving enjoyment and reversibility for resale:

1. DSC
2. Sharkwerks (No gundo hack required) - with PSE, perfection.
3. GT2RS wheel sizes- OEM or aftermarket- forged if you have the $.
(Cures the offset ugliness of Spyders and allows 245/325 tires.)
4. OEM Short Shift Kit with Function First Shift Right Solution. Have Luka (owner of FF) install it for $50.
5. Radiator screens- I chose Zunsport for the ridiculously easy external install and OEM GT car look. (None have screens installed from rear.)

The reality is this:

The 997 GTS is damn good right out of the box, but many of us cannot leave well enough alone. Ease of install and reversibility rank high for me, YMMV.

That said, I have a Getty Sport Classic ducktail and OZ Superforgiata wheels yet to install (with MPSC2 tires) and am bidding on a set of 991 CF Sport Bucket seats.

Whatever single mod you do, try not to mess with the suspension magic that Porsche designed. Many 911 models have firmer or more compliant suspensions, but the 997 GTS is a real Goldilocks “just right” setup for real world DD, canyon carving and high speed desert runs. If you want to seriously track it, just get a GT3.

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 02-21-2023 at 04:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mtv3906 (02-27-2023)

Quick Reply: If you could make one mod...?