Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCCM+ DIY Guide

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2023, 05:47 PM
b8_rdc
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The PIWIS can enable the sport chrono but only after you get a special code back from Porsche sending them the VIN and paying. At least that is how I was told the Sport Chrono retrofit kits work.

Really have no idea why the Sport Chrono is involved in DRL option checkbox function of the PCM (or perhaps PCCM+ in that matter)

Would be interesting if someone with a 987 with Sport Chrono could test the PCCM+ DRL enable/disable. Does the 997 where the DRL is working on PCCM+ not have Sport Chrono?

Setting the daytime running lights
If the "Daytime Run. Lights" function is active ( ), the dimmed headlights will always be switched on when the engine is running. This applies regardless of the light switch setting. The lighting for the instruments and switches is still switched on and off using the light switch regardless of the "Daytime Run. Lights" setting.
Someone pasted a snippet that seems to be from a manual where it suggests the DRL are dimmed.

Last edited by b8_rdc; 05-04-2023 at 08:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bxstrCA (05-05-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 09:44 PM
Alfnado
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by b8_rdc
The PIWIS can enable the sport chrono but only after you get a special code back from Porsche sending them the VIN and paying. At least that is how I was told the Sport Chrono retrofit kits work.

Really have no idea why the Sport Chrono is involved in DRL option checkbox function of the PCM (or perhaps PCCM+ in that matter)

Would be interesting if someone with a 987 with Sport Chrono could test the PCCM+ DRL enable/disable. Does the 997 where the DRL is working on PCCM+ not have Sport Chrono?

Someone pasted a snippet that seems to be from a manual where it suggests the DRL are dimmed.
News to me! Not upset, obviously. I just always heard that for the classic PCM it was just full headlights all the time. I assumed it was the same for the PCCM+.
Old 05-05-2023, 12:29 AM
b8_rdc
Racer

Big thanks though to figuring out the rear view camera. I have a PCCM+ on the way for 996TT and if anyone can recommend a camera I would appreciate it. Maybe PM to keep the thread cleaner?
Old 05-05-2023, 11:35 AM
bxstrCA
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

As a Canadian driver, the issue I have is that Porsche couldn't code the DRL to only activate the headlights or only activate the fog lights. Rather, the entire lighting system is on.
Old 05-06-2023, 04:42 AM
svandamme
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by bxstrCA
As a Canadian driver, the issue I have is that Porsche couldn't code the DRL to only activate the headlights or only activate the fog lights. Rather, the entire lighting system is on.

To be fair, I'de want my entire lighting system on all the time
I turn it ON every time i drive.. fronts low beam, the regular light in the fogunit (not the fog bulb), rearlights, all ON

my only problem is having to turn em ON every drive, and not forget to OFF when done so my battery don't drain.

The DRL as I find out does nothing with the rears, so its pointless. I want rears on at all times, so in fog, dusk, dawn, rain, snow, whatever.. I am always visible at all times.
Its really stupid how car OEM's didn't do this much sooner, and only went that way due to legislation and only halfheartedly(frontsonly) at first

Last edited by svandamme; 05-06-2023 at 04:46 AM.
Old 05-07-2023, 10:12 PM
mikelaca
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantviper
Update....on another thread someone posted the antenna cable from the factory is backwards. I swapped the ends and now it works!

If anyone else runs into this swap the antenna connector ends and then you will be good.
Haha, that someone was me. Glad it helped you. I got the tip from my professional installer, I don't have a unit...yet. Any chance you could return the favor and check something for me on your headunit before I buy mine?
1. Can I pair a cell phone for JUST phone features and a second Bluetooth device for just Audio streaming, SIMULTANEOUSLY? I have a phone for calls/texts, and I have another phone which I use purely as a streaming media/audio storage device (don't even know its number haha). That way I don't drain my 'main phones battery' while using Waze or streaming audio. My current aftermarket Kenwood unit does this, of course, as those units always have the latest of everything, but I want the OEM look. Let me know if you think simultaneous pairing and functionality is possible in my situation?

Old 05-11-2023, 12:48 AM
b8_rdc
Racer

Any pictures of the cable that is wired backwards and the fix?

Ordered the Subaru adapter, license plate LED/camera combo, 6-pin and 10-pin cables from this thread. Many thanks all.

Last edited by b8_rdc; 05-11-2023 at 12:49 AM.
Old 05-14-2023, 04:05 PM
Carlow911
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bxstrCA
I'm also a Canadian driver and having entire lighting system ON is driving me nuts! Have you found a solution for this? I've been looking everywhere on Internet to figure how to put it back how it was with old PCCM (only headlights were on at all times). The checkbox under SportChrono settings does nothing regardless if it's checked out or not...

Last edited by Carlow911; 05-14-2023 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-15-2023, 11:37 AM
bredward
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

My two cents on the DLRs, with a Canadian '06 Boxster S which came from the factory with a CDR24 and a no PCM whatsoever... Prior to PCCM+, all lights were on while the car was on, which is the same behaviour I get after installing PCCM+.

FWIW, I've also disabled the "DRL required" option using my Foxwell NT530, which allows DRLs to be enabled and disabled at will in the PCCM+ car settings, but when enabled, all lights are on.

I'm curious for those who previously had DRLs enable only the front lights:
1. Was this originally a car sold in a jurisdiction with mandatory DRLs (e.g. Canada) or another jurisdiction (e.g. U.S.A.)?
2. Did your car come with PCM?
3. Which model year?
Old 05-18-2023, 12:12 AM
DO997
4th Gear

Thanks for all the great info in this guide. I installed the unit today and almost everything works fine. Two issues so far: The unit doesn't seem to turn off or on with the ignition. Also the clock on the dash doesn't synch with the time on the PCCM+. Anyone run into this so far?
Old 05-18-2023, 04:27 AM
svandamme
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 81 Posts

canbus connector.. see the faq at the top
Old 05-18-2023, 10:32 AM
bredward
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Any pictures of the cable that is wired backwards and the fix?
It's the teal connector on the far right of this image from the OP. I'd suggest just plugging in the antenna cable directly to the top plug.

Old 05-18-2023, 11:02 AM
DO997
4th Gear

Thanks. Everything on the back of the head unit was secure, but the harness turned out to be not fully connected as you suggested. They clicked together and seemed secure, but required after squeezing them together with a tiny bit more force they fully snapped into place. Both issues (on/off and dash clock) now fixed. Seems like everything else is fine.
Old 05-19-2023, 07:42 AM
Varq
5th Gear

Default PCCM Plus light ticking sound from the speakers.

After install on 997.1 C4S, there is a really light tick sound. Every 3 seconds tick.tick.tick. When volume is at 0 u can hear it. When muted it stops. The sound doesn’t get louder when turning the volume up. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the original head unit.. No tick. When reinstalling the new one, its back. I’ve checked all the wires and factory reset and auto configured several times. Anyone else run into this? Any ideas how to solve?

Last edited by Varq; 05-19-2023 at 07:47 AM.
Old 05-19-2023, 01:02 PM
atomic80
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by svandamme
Step 5 Remove the DVD Nav unit from the frunk
5.1 remove plastic frunk covering
5.2 gently pull DVD unit forward and remove the 3 cables
- Orange fiber cable
- power
- GPS antenna (blue)
Its figetty due to lack of space, Be very careful not to damage the fiber!!

5.3 Install the supplied MOST loop on the fiber optic cable (you can move it behind the sheet metal out of sight):

Do you guys know how to remove the ABS plastic cover from the DVD nav drive in the frunk? Do you pull it outwards toward yourself or upwards?

Quick Reply: PCCM+ DIY Guide