Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2023, 01:38 PM
cloud9blue
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Graufuchs
Its the perfect pairing! T5 or T6?

That 997 you picked up is beautiful! @cloud9blue
T6 with Polestar ecu flash. Honestly it is the perfect car for my frequent drives between MA and NJ/NY. Super quiet with the double layer glass, B&W speakers are great, and it is pretty fuel efficient for a 4000lb car. Police leaves me alone too because it is just another boring silver Volvo.

I will try to start a thread like yours after I take delivery of the car next month. Already ordered PSE remote switch, Numeric pedals, Endless MX72, and some DB-Carbon pieces to match the OEM CF trims. Still debating whether to get the PCCM+, aftermarket Android like yours, or just use my phone like an Uber driver.
Old 12-25-2023, 05:29 PM
EVOMMM
Rennlist Member

Received 1,657 Likes on 969 Posts

As a fellow NYC aero owner I’m loving the uniqueness of an aero car
love your thread enjoy the drives

The following users liked this post:
Graufuchs (12-27-2023)
Old 12-25-2023, 07:59 PM
second2none
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

Both cars look great and love the oem+ touches 👍🏻
The following 2 users liked this post by second2none:
EVOMMM (12-26-2023), Graufuchs (12-27-2023)
Old 12-26-2023, 08:40 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 487 Posts

Originally Posted by EVOMMM
As a fellow NYC aero owner I’m loving the uniqueness of an aero car
love your thread enjoy the drives
@EVOMMM Turbo and GT3 look incredible, if you ever venture out east shoot me a PM.

Originally Posted by cloud9blue
T6 with Polestar ecu flash. Honestly it is the perfect car for my frequent drives between MA and NJ/NY. Super quiet with the double layer glass, B&W speakers are great, and it is pretty fuel efficient for a 4000lb car. Police leaves me alone too because it is just another boring silver Volvo.

@cloud9blue I will try to start a thread like yours after I take delivery of the car next month. Already ordered PSE remote switch, Numeric pedals, Endless MX72, and some DB-Carbon pieces to match the OEM CF trims. Still debating whether to get the PCCM+, aftermarket Android like yours, or just use my phone like an Uber driver.
That is a great spec on the V90, I went with a T5 Inscription. Easier for long-term maintenance, the car was oddly spec'ed, Base Audio but massaging front seats and HUD. Volvo only imported 1400 V90's from 2017-2021 so they are super rare. I have had more than my fair share of Volvo wagons including a few Polestars (I6T & I4T).
They are fantastic cars. I have an XC90 for my wife, its one of the few cars I trust to put my wife and kids in. The impacts Volvos can withstand is impressive.

Your new 997 is beautiful, I am constantly looking at what Ryan is bringing in, pricey, yes, but clean and no nonsense / no stories when purchasing.

Originally Posted by axecap911
Enjoyed this thread...nice car mate!
@axecap911 Many thanks, appreciate it!

Originally Posted by second2none
Both cars look great and love the oem+ touches 👍🏻
@second2none Thank you, they are slowly getting little touches here and there. Appreciate the kind words!

Last edited by Graufuchs; 12-26-2023 at 08:46 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Graufuchs:
cloud9blue (12-31-2023), EVOMMM (12-26-2023)
Old 12-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,105 Likes on 414 Posts

Great minds think alike! 2017 V60 Polestar is my 911's playmate and makes for a terrific combo. Your garage is nicely appointed.

That is a great spec on the V90, I went with a T5 Inscription. Easier for long-term maintenance, the car was oddly spec'ed, Base Audio but massaging front seats and HUD. Volvo only imported 1400 V90's from 2017-2021 so they are super rare. I have had more than my fair share of Volvo wagons including a few Polestars (I6T & I4T).
They are fantastic cars. I have an XC90 for my wife, its one of the few cars I trust to put my wife and kids in. The impacts Volvos can withstand is impressive.
Graufuchs (12-26-2023)
Old 12-26-2023, 01:35 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Great minds think alike! 2017 V60 Polestar is my 911's playmate and makes for a terrific combo. Your garage is nicely appointed.

That is awesome! I had a 2018 V60 polestar in Rebel Blue also. I should have kept that car!
The following 2 users liked this post by Graufuchs:
Busta Rib (12-26-2023), Elliotw44 (12-27-2023)
Old 12-31-2023, 09:54 AM
cloud9blue
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 43 Posts

@EVOMMM Turbo and GT3 look incredible, if you ever venture out east shoot me a PM.

Your new 997 is beautiful, I am constantly looking at what Ryan is bringing in, pricey, yes, but clean and no nonsense / no stories when purchasing.

@axecap911 Many thanks, appreciate it!

@second2none Thank you, they are slowly getting little touches here and there. Appreciate the kind words!

Yes, the listed price on their vehicles are more on the pricey side, but so far my interaction with them has been flawless. I have been severely disappointed with my experiences on a Lotus Emira allocation I had for nearly two years now with near zero communication and from servicing the Volvo at two different dealers that both love to lie to their customers to make some quick bucks. So working with RFMC has been a refreshing change.

Lovely photo of the three cars! Really appreciate the quality of the photos you post . Thanks for the kind words on my car too. I drove half of dozen 997s, 991s, and 992s Carrera, Targa, and Turbo before I settled on this C2S with exclusive manufaktur interior. I am picking up mine next Tuesday and perhaps I will bump into you in the future too. Anyway, happy new year.
Graufuchs (12-31-2023)
Old 12-31-2023, 01:54 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cloud9blue
Yes, the listed price on their vehicles are more on the pricey side, but so far my interaction with them has been flawless. I have been severely disappointed with my experiences on a Lotus Emira allocation I had for nearly two years now with near zero communication and from servicing the Volvo at two different dealers that both love to lie to their customers to make some quick bucks. So working with RFMC has been a refreshing change.

Lovely photo of the three cars! Really appreciate the quality of the photos you post . Thanks for the kind words on my car too. I drove half of dozen 997s, 991s, and 992s Carrera, Targa, and Turbo before I settled on this C2S with exclusive manufaktur interior. I am picking up mine next Tuesday and perhaps I will bump into you in the future too. Anyway, happy new year.
@cloud9blue Many thanks, and happy New year!!

Volvo has been hit or miss here depending on what service manager you deal with.

Porsche (locally) on the other hand here is horrendous, if you are not willing to spend 200K+ on a 911 you are cast aside. I was on a C2 911 allocation list for 18 months (top 3). My spec'ed 992 (Aero Kit/Optional paint and other goodies) was around 135K. I said forget it and bought 2 997 Aeros. I think I am happier to be honest.

Porsche pulled a money grab during the Pandemic and catered only to people flipping cars (GT series cars) with large ADMs. Soured me with the brand a bit, and I think they hurt the middle/middle upper class customer (enthusiasts). Always liked Lotus.
EVOMMM (12-31-2023)
Old 01-16-2024, 10:27 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

2008 911 C2 Aero
Mileage: 19528

"Clean" and "Thrifty" Brake Upgrade

One sore spot that had bothered me a bit was the brakes and fender liners on the car, they were covered in brake dust and rust. Braking performance was ok (Slowly going south), but rotors and pads had some near end of life wear. All (4) rotors had lips and I noticed a bit of Fade/Spongy feel after multiple "enthusiastic runs". Pads and rotors were original to the car so after 16yrs of faithful service it was time for a change and a light upgrade. The goal was to keep OEM performance, improve pedal feel a bit and keep things clean, especially with the new to me Champion wheels while keeping to a budget using OEM like equipment. I would have loved to upgrade to S calipers but I would have had to swap to larger carriers. I may do this in the future.

Parts Used:

(4) Pagid High Carbon Rotors: $280 (Black Friday Sale) (FCP EURO)
(1) Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads: $136 (Wholesale account)
(1) Stoptech Rear Ceramic Pads: $69 (Ebay)
(1) Goodridge UK Black Stainless Steel Brake Lines $146 (Goodridge Direct)
(4) Brake Pad Wear Sensors/Liquimoly Dot 4 brake Fluid $58 (FCP EURO)

Total: $689.00

Brake Rotor/Pad Removal:

- Removed all the wheel liners and cleaned them using warm water and a light detergent (Dawn dish soap). I then coated them in Adams Under-coating spray which dries to a satin finish and provides a protective layer and moisturizes the plastic/rubber. The same was done to all the belly trays, no leaks or areas of concerns noted.
- Cleaned the calipers, inspected the seals and pistons. I cleaned the hub faces and painted them in high temp flat black to protect them from corrosion.
- While I was in there I inspected the suspension for torn boots, failing rubber bushings, damage etc., and was pleasantly surprised to find everything in good condition.

Brakes Before:

Brakes After:

Belly Trays:

Will report back on brake feel/performance once I put some miles on them. I think this setup should work well for my needs (Enthusiastic Street Duty) and it was nice to clean up some of the dirtiest areas of the car.

The following 5 users liked this post by Graufuchs:
Busta Rib (01-16-2024), cloud9blue (01-23-2024), EVOMMM (01-16-2024), jbkusa (01-16-2024), TheMurse (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 03:29 PM
jbkusa
Pro

Received 259 Likes on 162 Posts

Nice @GraufuchsI think painting the calipers Red would be a nice touch.
You got some good deals on the pads and rotors!
Graufuchs (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 04:08 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jbkusa
Nice @GraufuchsI think painting the calipers Red would be a nice touch.
You got some good deals on the pads and rotors!
Thanks man! I am going to keep my eyes peeled for hub carriers so I can swap in some S calipers. Get the real deal next time around.

Maybe make these calipers paperweights or some little art project.
jbkusa (01-16-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 01:57 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

2008 911 C2 Aero
Mileage: 19559

Rennline Short Shifter Kit - https://www.rennline.com/gt3-short-s...e-kit-sku-TR08

Brake Bleeder Screws - https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/por...or-93035191900

Brakes completed and bedded in.

Had a minor issue with some of the bleeder screws and ended up replacing (4) of them.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...er-screws.html

I also added a Rennline short shifter kit and it finally sorted that slop in the shifter. Highly recommend.

Old 01-29-2024, 05:27 PM
smrpr
Instructor

Received 214 Likes on 85 Posts

Any reason as to why you didn't go Numeric Racing?
Graufuchs (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 05:38 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smrpr
Any reason as to why you didn't go Numeric Racing?
Pricing mainly, want to dedicate funds into a full suspension refresh in the near future. The Rennline SSK was less than half the price of the Numeric setup and eliminated all of the slop/vagueness I had with the factory setup (even with the Phenix racing inserts).

The Rennline SSK has a nice bolt-action feel to it, more accurate than the factory SSK I have on the Grey car.

I have used the Numeric before in other applications, its a great setup once dialed in.

Last edited by Graufuchs; 01-29-2024 at 05:44 PM.
smrpr (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 06:01 PM
smrpr
Instructor

Received 214 Likes on 85 Posts

Pricing mainly, want to dedicate funds into a full suspension refresh in the near future. The Rennline SSK was less than half the price of the Numeric setup and eliminated all of the slop/vagueness I had with the factory setup (even with the Phenix racing inserts).

The Rennline SSK has a nice bolt-action feel to it, more accurate than the factory SSK I have on the Grey car.

I have used the Numeric before in other applications, its a great setup once dialed in.
Thanks for your input, I have the Numeric in my "wanted" spreadsheet and was just making sure it wasn't too harsh for everyday driving.
Graufuchs (01-29-2024)

Quick Reply: The Aero Chronicles - Build/Mod Thread