Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying advice: 997.2 with CPO but has minor Carfax damage

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 04:24 PM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

the 3 new tires seem odd, unless the other one was just replaced. I would check the DOT date on that other tire.
Old 12-22-2022, 04:55 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,069 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Like other have stated... CPO is not as solid as you'd think with the Porsche dealers. I mean 13 years or newer, under 124k miles to qualify... that is quite the range for supposedly being only the "top" of the represented market.
Can't be repeated enough times since some or many think CPO means a guaranteed perfect car in every respect. Some Porsche dealerships play fast and loose with the condition of a car to qualify for CPO coverage. I've posted the link below a number of times because I think it's the worst abuse of the CPO policy/requirements I've seen so far by a Porsche dealership.

"Poor wholesale, certainly not CPO retail value. It's one of the worst he's ever seen" was the summary of a reputable body shop inspecting the car after it was shipped to and received by the buyer: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-poor-car.html

Last edited by sandwedge; 12-22-2022 at 05:02 AM.
Old 12-23-2022, 01:15 PM
brintinla
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really appreciate this community and everyone's input. Hugely informative and helpful. I may give this car a pass, there are actually quite a few GTSs for sale right now. Biggest issue with most of them is that they were listed or purchased in the summer at a massively over inflated price and have have big price drops since. This means they are very reluctant to negotiate any further, which in this market makes it hard for them to shift. Time will tell if I'm right in my belief that prices will continue to fall hard over the next quarter. (I'm no financial expert or soothsayer!)
Old 12-23-2022, 01:17 PM
ATX_Native
Rennlist Member

Received 777 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by brintinla
I really appreciate this community and everyone's input. Hugely informative and helpful. I may give this car a pass, there are actually quite a few GTSs for sale right now. Biggest issue with most of them is that they were listed or purchased in the summer at a massively over inflated price and have have big price drops since. This means they are very reluctant to negotiate any further, which in this market makes it hard for them to shift. Time will tell if I'm right in my belief that prices will continue to fall hard over the next quarter. (I'm no financial expert or soothsayer!)
If you have the budget for a GTS RWD Manual, do that.

Long term they will be one of the most collectible non GT cars around.

Also, yes. Q1 and Q2 next year should be excellent times to buy.

Quick Reply: Buying advice: 997.2 with CPO but has minor Carfax damage