Sponsored by:

Collections

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2022, 07:58 PM
dmpslc
Racer

Received 283 Likes on 145 Posts

Love that M Coupe @4Driver4

My current garage is the 997 ('09 C2S), a shared '16 Subaru Outback daily driver/adventure vehicle, and a 1976 Ford Bronco.

After many many years of reading car magazines I discovered 4x4 and off-road vehicles when I spotted a Bronco parked on campus. Wanted one for 20 years... one day while chatting with my dad I decided I was going to start looking for one. That week one was posted in my local classifieds, I saw it on Monday, brought it home on Friday. It doesn't get many miles but I love to get it out between Sept-May, it's too to drive in the summer. This winter it'll get a little makeover and a few upgrades I think.

The 911 was a similar story, my dad had a few over the years (SC, 3.6 Turbo, 930, 997 TTS,), I was casually shopping and my local dealer posted it in their inventory. I was the first one there the next morning with a deposit but they had about 20 calls and emails already, brought it home a few days later. Not a lot of RWD/MT pop up in UT so I just snagged it.

The following users liked this post:
4Driver4 (11-13-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 08:43 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,437 Likes on 1,324 Posts

I’ve got my trusty old 997 C2S Cabriolet and got it to have a fun convertible to drive to work or just around as my daily. She has served my very well over the years, but now sits in the garage in my house in California so I have something fun to drive when I visit. Great car to drive on PCH being a convertible, having a manual transmission, and makes a really good sound with the PSE. Also this is my wife’s favorite of all the cars I have as it’s a convertible and I let her take our 4 dogs in it.

Along with my cabriolet I have a 997.2 GT3 RS, 964 Carrera Cup USA, 981 GT4, and a 2nd Gen Ford Raptor. The Raptor is my daily in Massachusetts and the car I use during the winter when my pcars are in hibernation.

Old 11-13-2022, 08:59 PM
scottrx7tt1
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

2007 911S 6 speed 31k miles and 2021 Cayman T PDK

2014 Cayenne Platinum edition

Last edited by scottrx7tt1; 11-13-2022 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-13-2022, 09:10 PM
Scoutiipippen
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey All, nice to see everyone's collections and taste. This is probably one of my favorite posts I've read in years. Obviously guys and gals like us who are specific in collecting 997s already have an eye for specific things. I've had a bunch of cars throughout my life, but most recently the one's I've had have been with intention. My work cars for the past 7 years have all been Teslas ( Model S P85/ P100D/ Model x 100D), and as they are cool especially when you commute and have a dog, I realized through the years that they lacked passion and soul. I was missing the loud revving of v8's and sports cars. I ended up getting into Vintage 4 x4's...and while I was waiting for my truck to be finished I fell in love with driving my first Porsche 997. That led down the path of where I am today with my second 997 I won from Bring a Trailer.

In the order of what I have currently have in the stable based on when I acquired them:

1) 1972 International Scout fully restomoded by the team @https://www.newlegend4x4.com/ . Like @dmpslc (Nice LUBR!) I've had a fascination with vintage 4 x 4's for over 3 decades. I started the process over 7 years ago in Los Angeles. But the Vintage Bronco market was insane and everyone was pretty pompous so I went with a more affordable IH Scout. After I built my first one, i sold it and started a whole new frame off build with New Legend Team. Definitely became a dream build that took over a year. You can actually follow the history on instagram @scoutiipippen (as you can see where I get my screen name)

2) 2005 Arctic Silver C2S: My second 997.1 and am so impressed in the quality and care that the previous owner maintained. small improvements from my side as he had all the other mods added before: Fister exhaust, Eibach lowering and strut bar. weighted shift ****, turbo wheels, added ceramic tint, deco LED lights

3) 2019 Cayenne E Hybrid: Needed a commuting car for work and mountain biking. Porsche has wow'ed me on their quality so I think I will forever be a P car fan boy

Last edited by Scoutiipippen; 11-13-2022 at 09:11 PM.
dmpslc (11-14-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 09:12 PM
scottrx7tt1
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoutiipippen
Hey, this is probably one of my favorite posts i've read in years. Obviously guys and gals like us who are specific in collecting 997s already have an eye for specific things. I've had a bunch of cars throughout my life, but most recently the one's i've had have been with intention. My work cars for the past 7 years have all been Teslas ( Model S P85/ P100D/ Model x 100D), and as they are cool especially when you commute and have a dog, i realized through the years that they lacked passion and soul. I was missing the loud revving of v8's and sports cars. I ended up getting into Vintage 4 x4's...and while I was waiting for my truck to be finished I fell in love with driving my first Porsche 997. That led down the path of where I am today with my second 997 I won from Bring a Trailer.

In the order of what I have currently have in the stable based on when I acquired them:

1) 1972 International Scout fully restomoded by the team @https://www.newlegend4x4.com/ . Like @dmpslc (Nice LUBR!) I've had a fascination with vintage 4 x 4's for over 3 decades. I started the process over 7 years ago in Los Angeles. But the Vintage Bronco market was insane and everyone was pretty pompous so I went with a more affordable IH Scout. After I built my first one, i sold it and started a whole new frame off build with New Legend Team. Definitely became a dream build that took over a year. You can actually follow the history on instagram @scoutiipippen (as you can see where I get my screen name)

2) 2005 Arctic Silver C2S: My second 997.1 and am so impressed in the quality and care that the previous owner maintained. small improvements from my side as he had all the other mods added before: Fister exhaust, Eibach lowering and strut bar. weighted shift ****, turbo wheels, added ceramic tint, deco LED lights

3) 2019 Cayenne E Hybrid: Needed a commuting car for work and mountain biking. Porsche has wow'ed me on their quality so I think I will forever be a P car fan boy

Awesome Scout!
Scoutiipippen (11-14-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 10:31 AM
THE Z MAN
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a 2000 Honda S2000 and a 2010 Carrera S cabrio.

I knew I wanted a car at the age of 7 so I started saving money for one.
All the change I could find in the cars or $ coming from odd jobs all went into the box for my future car. When I was 20yrs I bought an 8yr old used S2K with the money i saved. And have been modifying it for the past 14yrs.

The 911 I bought this year after I've been wanting a 997.2 Turbo cab(meteor grey/terracotta combo) since it was released in 2010, but in the last two years prices blew up on 911s due to Covid and even though my budget was increasing, the 997TT was slipping further and further away.
So I then realized it was better to get an NA RWD car to make my own and be able to easily work on it myself as I have on my S2K. And build a 997 SC cab.

Old 11-14-2022, 11:00 AM
Optionman1
Rennlist Member

Received 2,149 Likes on 1,013 Posts

These are my 2 co-daily drivers, both a blast to drive and so different that switching between them only enhances each driving experience. Put a gun to my head and make me choose only one and the 997 would prevail.
Old 11-14-2022, 12:03 PM
typeR142
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick Reply: Collections