Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mr. 12 volt Carplay for PCM 3.0 (P2000 PCM30MD) install – short review, one problem.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2023 | 02:21 AM
Thomas_
Advanced

Originally Posted by gdclnfn

@Thomas_ Do you have a PDK or manual? Like you, I really don’t want to tap into any factory wiring for the reverse trigger.
Mine is a PDK.
Old 07-03-2023 | 08:48 AM
gdclnfn
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Thomas_
Mine is a PDK.
That’s really interesting. I guess I’m glad I’m not the only one with this problem.

I wonder if there is anyone with our same setup that has gotten the reverse camera to trigger properly from Canbus?

All else stock on your car? The only other modification I did on my car is swap out (clone) my the pcm hard drive with an SSD drive but that should have zero impact.
Old 07-03-2023 | 11:04 AM
Thomas_
Advanced

All else stock on your car? The only other modification I did on my car is swap out (clone) my the pcm hard drive with an SSD drive but that should have zero impact.
Everything is stock. Did write to Mr. 12 volt support about this, they just replied to use the 12v trigger.
The following users liked this post:
gdclnfn (07-03-2023)
Old 07-10-2023 | 02:13 PM
gdclnfn
Intermediate

@Thomas_ Do your guidelines move with the steering wheel turns when tapping into the 12v trigger? I am under the impression they will not as that is data from the canbus. So, that's 1 more reason Mr12Volt needs to get the reverse data from canbus vs the reverse light 12v trigger.
Old 07-10-2023 | 04:28 PM
Thomas_
Advanced

@Thomas_ Do your guidelines move with the steering wheel turns when tapping into the 12v trigger? I am under the impression they will not as that is data from the canbus. So, that's 1 more reason Mr12Volt needs to get the reverse data from canbus vs the reverse light 12v trigger.
Not sure, cant remember. I have a vacation coming up, I'll test it then, and probably going to install the camera as well. But you have a point, the steering wheel position is required from the canbus to move the guidelines.
The following 2 users liked this post by Thomas_:
gdclnfn (07-10-2023), MarcBinSuomi (07-24-2023)
Old 08-04-2023 | 07:36 AM
Thomas_
Advanced

So, did some more fiddling with the reverse cam.

No matter what settings I use, OEM, aftermarket etc. I cannot get the reverse/canbus-setting to register, that the car is in reverse. This is with PDK.

I can get the camera to turn on using the +12v trigger. When I do this, the guidelines do not move, when moving the steering wheel. So, no canbus integration with either gear in reverse or the steering wheel position.

Here is a pic showing that the Mr. 12 v works with the +12v reverse trigger.

Old 08-04-2023 | 10:18 AM
gdclnfn
Intermediate

Hey @Thomas_ Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. It looks like we're both having this exact same issue and it also looks like we have very similar options (Sport Plus/Chrono, PDK, Bose, Heated/Ventilated seats). Mr12Volt has asked me to perform the following tests:
Does your 997.2 have OEM parking sensor / radar (the little toon car that will show up when you put into reverse) - [I don't]
When you manually switch headlight on / off, does the P2000 switch between day / night mode? (The little sun / moon icon on top right screen) [As far as I know, no 2010 has auto headlights]
When you long press “Call” button on steering wheel, does it activate SIRI? [I have the sport steering wheel...no buttons]
In CarPlay mode, switching on right turn indicator, does the screen switch to a blank screen or just do nothing? (Please test with different modes in P2000>Setting>Car Setting>Dedicated Right View) [I cannot get a blank screen to show and I've tried all different modes/settings].
Mr12Volt has told me they're looking to 'rent' a 997.2 with the options I have as they suspect they need to update their settings to recognize reverse CANBUS for cars with all these options. They advised that they are working on an MCU update and will send it to me as soon as they get it. I've been in a waiting game for more than a month now.
Thomas_ (08-04-2023)
Old 08-04-2023 | 11:31 AM
Thomas_
Advanced

Hey @Thomas_ Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. It looks like we're both having this exact same issue and it also looks like we have very similar options (Sport Plus/Chrono, PDK, Bose, Heated/Ventilated seats). Mr12Volt has asked me to perform the following tests:
Does your 997.2 have OEM parking sensor / radar (the little toon car that will show up when you put into reverse) - [I don't]
When you manually switch headlight on / off, does the P2000 switch between day / night mode? (The little sun / moon icon on top right screen) [As far as I know, no 2010 has auto headlights]
When you long press “Call” button on steering wheel, does it activate SIRI? [I have the sport steering wheel...no buttons]
In CarPlay mode, switching on right turn indicator, does the screen switch to a blank screen or just do nothing? (Please test with different modes in P2000>Setting>Car Setting>Dedicated Right View) [I cannot get a blank screen to show and I've tried all different modes/settings].
Mr12Volt has told me they're looking to 'rent' a 997.2 with the options I have as they suspect they need to update their settings to recognize reverse CANBUS for cars with all these options. They advised that they are working on an MCU update and will send it to me as soon as they get it. I've been in a waiting game for more than a month now.
Thanks, I will try the above in a few days and report back.
Old 08-06-2023 | 02:54 PM
Thomas_
Advanced

@gdclnfn So, tried the following:

- Does your 997.2 have OEM parking sensor / radar (the little toon car that will show up when you put into reverse): I have OEM parking sensor, which is automatically activated when the gear is put in reverse. There are just beeps, no visual guidance normally. There is no little toon car anywhere to be seen when I put the gear in reverse.

- When you manually switch headlight on / off, does the P2000 switch between day / night mode? (The little sun / moon icon on top right screen): When I manually switch the headlights to on and off again, there is no switching between day/night mode.

- When you long press “Call” button on steering wheel, does it activate SIRI? I have the sport steering wheel, so can’t test this.

- In CarPlay mode, switching on right turn indicator, does the screen switch to a blank screen or just do nothing? (Please test with different modes in P2000>Setting>Car Setting>Dedicated Right View): Tried with the three settings available (off, canbus, 12v) and there is no blank screen or any other difference, when switching on the right turn indicator with any of the three options.

Is far as I can conclude on this, the Mr. 12 Volt is not reading the canbus in any way.

Hopefully, they will test themselves on a 997.2 to get this fixed. If I can be of any help (testing etc.), please let me know.
Old 08-06-2023 | 03:08 PM
gdclnfn
Intermediate

@Thomas_ Thanks for performing the tests. I agree, Mr12Volt is not properly reading CANbus data from our cars. I remain hopeful they will come out with a fix. I will update the thread when I hear back from them.
Old 09-09-2023 | 07:28 AM
Thomas_
Advanced

There is a new firmware out. Haven't tried it yet. the changelog says: "PCM3.x_20230906" Corrected PCM3.0 / 3.1 with PDK camera display issue.
See: https://www.mr12volt.com/pages/p2000...ftware-updates

Old 09-10-2023 | 05:58 AM
Thomas_
Advanced

@gdclnfn So, tested the new firmware out. Still doesn’t work.

Version 20230906

Settings

12v. option is gone

Last edited by Thomas_; 09-10-2023 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-10-2023 | 12:25 PM
gdclnfn
Intermediate

@Thomas_ I plan to try the upgrade today. Did you try selecting “After Loading Track” under Reverse camera instead of “Aftermarket 360”?

That’s the recommendation per this tutorial.

Last edited by gdclnfn; 09-10-2023 at 12:31 PM.
Thomas_ (09-10-2023)
Old 09-10-2023 | 01:04 PM
gdclnfn
Intermediate

@Thomas_ I concur; this upgrade does not fix the rear camera from being recognized when selecting reverse gear. I tried different car settings to no avail. This is so frustrating.

PCM3.0_20230906B

Recommend settings per Mr12Volt video tutorial.
Thomas_ (09-10-2023)
Old 09-10-2023 | 01:14 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

@Thomas_ I concur; this upgrade does not fix the rear camera from being recognized when selecting reverse gear. I tried different car settings to no avail. This is so frustrating.

PCM3.0_20230906B

Recommend settings per Mr12Volt video tutorial.
Please check if dip switch 1 is ON. This was left out if changelog by accident.

Let me know.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

FREE INSTALL KIT AND CAR CHARGER WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
The following 2 users liked this post by Roman ACS:
gdclnfn (09-10-2023), Thomas_ (09-10-2023)

Quick Reply: Mr. 12 volt Carplay for PCM 3.0 (P2000 PCM30MD) install – short review, one problem.