Sponsored by:

Convertible Top Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 12:18 PM
myronf
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Convertible Top Problem

Carr is a 2011 911s. When I put the top up by lifting the switch on the console, the top goes up and closes with no problem. Once this happens, the windows go up. The driver window works fine, but the passenger window reverses direction after it has gone about halfway up. I can let the switch go, and lift the window the reat of the way using the window switch on the door. This just started. Any idea on what the problem is, and how to fix?
Old 06-21-2022, 12:30 PM
JamesBaxter
Rennlist Member

Received 219 Likes on 116 Posts

Interesting. Mine does this as well but not all the time. I just use the window switch to roll it up but I always figured it was a bad sensor or something, but as long as it works it’s pretty low on my fix it list.
Old 06-22-2022, 09:01 AM
myronf
Rennlist Member

Are just the 2 of us having this problem? Has anyone got a solution?
Old 06-22-2022, 09:45 AM
sburke91
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 99 Posts

Mine does that too. I suspect something in the right side main window mechanism, as mine makes a different sound at the top and bottom of the travel range than the driver's window does. It's on my list to look at this winter, since it'll require removing the interior panel and all the associated parts.
Old 06-22-2022, 09:57 AM
ParkerCO997.2
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 33 Posts

Add me to the list for having the same issue! My windows have been working perfectly with that same center consul switch until just about one week ago. My passenger window does the exact same thing while operating the top, it goes up about halfway and then just returns to the full down position. I can then manually roll the window up with the switch on the drivers door.
Old 06-22-2022, 10:49 AM
alfetta
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

I have a variant of this problem on my 2011. If I do not fully cycle the top-down operation sometimes a random window(s) witll not close when the top brought up to the closed position. All windows can be affected, usually one or two of them at a given time. They will not respond to the individual door switch.

The top seems to have a two step program, one to raise and one to lower the top, and a second one the do the same with the windows. When lowering my top and not releasing the console switch, the last step brings the front door windows about halfway up. This is annoying and if I release the top switch right when the dash light goes off (before the windows come up halfway), I am interreupting the software routine. When I next close the top, often some individual windows will not come up using the top switch in the console.If I go to the door mounted switch half of the time those switches will not move the affected window.

The solution is to pull the key and start the car. I wish there was a way to stop the front door windows from coming halfway up when lowering the top so I could complete the cycle.
Old 06-23-2022, 12:23 PM
Breizh
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a similar issue, with the "quarter" window, driver side, pretty much every time. It comes about halfway, then calls it quit. The passenger side "main" window also exhibits the same issue as yours, but not nearly as often. I had the dealer look at it when the top locking mechanism fried, but whatever they fixed didn't last long.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:04 AM
PCarFan16
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Same issue here! Started after I disconnected battery to replace steering wheel. Had to use the window limit reset procedure but occasionally passenger window does just as you describe. I haven’t worried too much about it, but would be interested in an easy fix.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:28 PM
myronf
Rennlist Member

I used the used the window limit reset procedure yesterday and so far the top and passenger window is working properly.

Quick Reply: Convertible Top Problem