Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just in case you didn’t already know….

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2022 | 08:45 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Yep, well have our 2 997s forever. Would like to add a 993TT or RUF R-Turbo before it's all done, but have so many cars now, don't really need another. Maybe once my son starts taking over some of them like the 914, I'll replace that void with another one. I don't plan to ever sell any of them. If the wife's pink 997 had an engine failure we'd probably not replace it, but if my silver one did I'd have Jake build me a lower compression 4.0 that we design around the supercharger setup, which would be amazing.
Old 02-17-2022 | 10:32 AM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Was watching morning TV just now and the story was used car prices crazy and no dealer incentives on new. So, thought see what nice 997.2 s is going for. Seems more cars wanted than for sale ads. I’ve had my ‘09 S c2 for 6 years this summer, 58k miles. Wife offered might want to cash out…..nope. Not as long as I can get in and out of it. Used to think the Porsche I wanted was a 3.2 Carrera coupe. All things Considered, Think I found the sweet spot.
Old 02-18-2022 | 03:18 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TommyV44
Happy New year Jonas!! Good you still have the fidelity policy....Mine ran out and I decided not to renew. Manual trans so I feel like I'll be OK...hope it all works out for you.
And to you Tom. The check engine light was due to a bad coil on cylinder 4. Covered by Fidelity but with a $500 deductible it makes no sense to get them involved. The indy owner offered an option with the usual, "while we're in there" justification. But this one makes sense to me. A coil kit for just over $300 that includes 6 coils and 6 plugs. His reasoning is that with 69K miles on the car the coils will go one by one and with the plugs due for replacement anyway it would save me a lot of labor cost and trips to him to have them replaced one by one. So that's what I'm doing.

He'll also fix the micro switch or switches on the driver's side window. When I open the door it gets confused and keeps going up and down those 10mm or whatever it is. The inside door panel has to come off so not something I want to tackle myself. He'll also put a new TPMS sensor on one of the rear wheels which somehow failed when they replaced my rear tires. Don't know if they screwed it up or if it just happened to fail at that point. Either way, no charge for that. Lastly, they'll also replace the front hood shocks that are shot. Tired of having the frunk crashing down on my head when unloading. Total for all this, parts and labor is $630 which I think is very reasonable.

As for Fidelity coverage, I would skip it too if I had a manual. But with two PDK failures, now running around $20K for replacement I'm not comfortable going naked. Obviously the policies I've bought so far have paid off nicely.
The following users liked this post:
Liste-Renn (02-21-2022)
Old 02-18-2022 | 10:21 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Originally Posted by sandwedge
And to you Tom. The check engine light was due to a bad coil on cylinder 4. Covered by Fidelity but with a $500 deductible it makes no sense to get them involved. The indy owner offered an option with the usual, "while we're in there" justification. But this one makes sense to me. A coil kit for just over $300 that includes 6 coils and 6 plugs. His reasoning is that with 69K miles on the car the coils will go one by one and with the plugs due for replacement anyway it would save me a lot of labor cost and trips to him to have them replaced one by one. So that's what I'm doing.

He'll also fix the micro switch or switches on the driver's side window. When I open the door it gets confused and keeps going up and down those 10mm or whatever it is. The inside door panel has to come off so not something I want to tackle myself. He'll also put a new TPMS sensor on one of the rear wheels which somehow failed when they replaced my rear tires. Don't know if they screwed it up or if it just happened to fail at that point. Either way, no charge for that. Lastly, they'll also replace the front hood shocks that are shot. Tired of having the frunk crashing down on my head when unloading. Total for all this, parts and labor is $630 which I think is very reasonable.

As for Fidelity coverage, I would skip it too if I had a manual. But with two PDK failures, now running around $20K for replacement I'm not comfortable going naked. Obviously the policies I've bought so far have paid off nicely.
I'm with you Jonas...if I had PDK I would've renewed it to especially if I had your history!! LOL!

Quick Reply: Just in case you didn’t already know….