Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

🍿

Old 10-20-2021, 05:03 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 753 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by ai2pz
I think he is not troll,just fanboy.
i appreciate fanboys love for Porsche, but must be realistic..
i love Porsche too,but looking at things from different perspective, because coming from engeenering background..
problem is that few fanboys disturbing engineering conversation all the time, killing the wil of other clever members with engineering knowledge who can talk about engineering realistically.
He’s talking about you 911 Turbo or ai3pz or whatever you call yourself. So if you are calling yourself a fanboy, that’s interesting because he was talking about you being a troll. Why are you changing your username anyway? Don’t like the 911 Turbo anymore? 😆
Old 10-20-2021, 05:14 PM
ATX_Native
Rennlist Member

Received 771 Likes on 421 Posts

I think he is not troll,just fanboy.
i appreciate fanboys love for Porsche, but must be realistic..
i love Porsche too,but looking at things from different perspective, because coming from engeenering background..
problem is that few fanboys disturbing engineering conversation all the time, killing the wil of other clever members with engineering knowledge who can talk about engineering realistically.
First off you’re not a member, you can always become a member by joining, cleverness optional.

Per my previous comment you aren’t even doing the basic amount of research/googling.

You’ve requested me to show links of the 9a1 and pressure drop… why? There are loads of threads out there, this is a known thing.

If you googled it, you would dozens of threads about it, the engineering of the 9a1 wet sump oil design and how it’s performing in the real world for other folks that regularly track their cars.

In these threads folks that have tracked 9a1 equipped 911’s and GT4’s on banked tracks like Daytona or in endurance races have reported no issues.

There is even a video of Porsche doing testing the engine on a rig.
Old 10-20-2021, 05:28 PM
ai2pz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX_Native
First off you’re not a member, you can always become a member by joining, cleverness optional.

Per my previous comment you aren’t even doing the basic amount of research/googling.

You’ve requested me to show links of the 9a1 and pressure drop… why? There are loads of threads out there, this is a known thing.

If you googled it, you would dozens of threads about it, the engineering of the 9a1 wet sump oil design and how it’s performing in the real world for other folks that regularly track their cars.

In these threads folks that have tracked 9a1 equipped 911’s and GT4’s on banked tracks like Daytona or in endurance races have reported no issues.

There is even a video of Porsche doing testing the engine on a rig. 2009 911 Engine Oil Sump Test
Thanks for answer.
I come to this forum in april 2021 so i dont know what are you talking about 10years ago.it easier to me to ask question then search what was on forum before 10years.plus question about oil hit piston is new..
i dont know how membership function works,i must read this...
Old 10-20-2021, 05:38 PM
ATX_Native
Rennlist Member

Thanks for answer.
I come to this forum in april 2021 so i dont know what are you talking about 10years ago.it easier to me to ask question then search what was on forum before 10years.plus question about oil hit piston is new..
That’s the point I’m trying to make.

All of these things have been discussed and immortalized in previous threads.

Discussed by folks who know what they’re talking about or have direct experience.

Imagine going to a Science Symposium and when you get to the mic asking them to explain how gravity works.

Before asking a question on a forum board, search first, search again a different way and read through old threads.

You can always add “site: Rennlist.com” to any Google search when searching to help, although you will miss out on other forum boards.

As a new member on a forum board you literally have decades of things to read from suspension setup, to engine issues to oil weight.

99% of the things on these cars have been discussed at some point.

Below is membership info:

Membership Info

Old 10-20-2021, 05:40 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 753 Likes on 406 Posts

Thanks for answer.
It is bad form to ask questions that have already been answered in this forum previously. Use the search function first before asking. Don’t do just what is easy for you.
The following users liked this post:
ATX_Native (10-20-2021)
Old 10-20-2021, 05:59 PM
ATX_Native
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carreralicious
It is bad form to ask questions that have already been answered in this forum previously. Use the search function first before asking. Don’t do just what is easy for you.
x2, as a new forum member you should be reading more than you post,

Its also bad form to be negative about the design or engineering of something on a car that is no longer in production.

Unlike OP, people on these boards own these cars.

Everyone has different bank account balances, risk tolerances and at the end of the day forum boards can be echo chambers.

As an example in certain date range of the VR6 B6 Passat had a bolt in the middle of the engine that could let loose and play pinball internally, leaving you with a nice paperweight.

Its a known issue. You either decide to preventively fix it at a cost of $4k, ignore it and roll the die or don’t buy one.

Lamenting the past isn’t a time machine, it fixes nothing. The original design engineers aren’t here, they’re unaware of your existence or post on a forum board.

Read, Read, Read, decide if that fits your budget/risk tolerance and buy what makes sense for you.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:02 PM
ai2pz
Instructor

That’s the point I’m trying to make.

All of these things have been discussed and immortalized in previous threads.

Discussed by folks who know what they’re talking about or have direct experience.

Imagine going to a Science Symposium and when you get to the mic asking them to explain how gravity works.

Before asking a question on a forum board, search first, search again a different way and read through old threads.

You can always add “site: Rennlist.com” to any Google search when searching to help, although you will miss out on other forum boards.

As a new member on a forum board you literally have decades of things to read from suspension setup, to engine issues to oil weight.

99% of the things on these cars have been discussed at some point.

Below is membership info:

Membership Info
Ok thanks
i bet that question about unbalanced hydrodynamic forces at piston due to sudden oil interaction dont exist at this forum so I asked it ..
even i am not sure that could happen in these enignes,because i never open or see these flat six,so i dont know how much is cylinder above oil sump or has it some oil blockade inside etc...

​​​​​

Last edited by ai2pz; 10-20-2021 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:20 PM
ai2pz
Instructor

Lamenting the past isn’t a time machine, it fixes nothing. The original design engineers aren’t here, they’re unaware of your existence or post on a forum board.
Understand that .but new buyers must know what cars must look at,to avoid financial problems...i think this is purpose of cars forums
Old 10-20-2021, 06:27 PM
ATX_Native
Rennlist Member

[
Ok thanks
i bet that question about unbalanced hydrodynamic forces at piston due to sudden oil interaction dont exist at this forum so I asked it ..
even i am not sure that could happen in these enignes,because i never open or see these flat six,so i dont know how much is cylinder above oil sump or has it some oil blockade inside etc...
​​​​​
Yes, no one has asked if the piston is going down the cylinder cockeyed because of cornering forces or bank angles.. Congrats.

Understand that .but new buyers must know what cars must look at,to avoid financial problems...i think this is purpose of cars forums
I guess you missed the part about read, read, read?

You literally have 15 years of reading to do.

That data is out there and easily accessible.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:35 PM
ai2pz
Instructor

[

Yes, no one has asked if the piston is going down the cylinder cockeyed because of cornering forces or bank angles.. Congrats.

I guess you missed the part about read, read, read?

You literally have 15 years of reading to do.

That data is out there and easily accessible.
I just want to say if everybody hiding car fails,than nobody knows what engine has which problems etc etcI dont look at fail personally,i will not offend if someone say to me; this engine has these problems...
Old 10-20-2021, 08:00 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 762 Posts

I just want to say if everybody hiding car fails,than nobody knows what engine has which problems etc etcI dont look at fail personally,i will not offend if someone say to me; this engine has these problems...
Put simply ...

The cylinders reside well above the oil pan. If oil from the pan could enter the cylinder from underneath frothing would be a major problem resulting in major AOS problems. This doesn't happen. Your concerns are unfounded.

There are spray heads that do intentionally deposit oil on the cylinders under the piston skirts. I've never heard of any problems resulting from this oil.
ai2pz (10-21-2021)
Old 10-20-2021, 08:15 PM
991Targa4S
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 109 Posts

Hey ai2pzThere is no unbalanced hydrodynamic function.

It’s negligible vs the force of combustion and you aren’t asking engineering questions.

An engineer would look at the system and make a judgment.

So whats your judgment, that a splash of oil will cause the piston to damage the engine?

This isn’t a pos Moskvitch its a Porsche.

Something must jump out at you that we don't see, so tell us the “problem”

And exactly what kind of ENGINEER are you?

Last edited by 991Targa4S; 10-20-2021 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:31 PM
voiceprint1
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 88 Posts

The Taycan has no known oil issues so far...
The following 4 users liked this post by voiceprint1:
991Targa4S (10-20-2021), Busta Rib (10-21-2021), Liste-Renn (10-20-2021), Scalp_em (10-20-2021)
Old 10-20-2021, 08:50 PM
Torq5teer
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

911 Turblo, you are a beauty.
Fullyield (10-21-2021)

Quick Reply: Can oil hitting pistons in corner?